• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What we have here, is a failure....

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

to communicate

Our coach:

LD has failed miserably conveying to Josh why the long-two is horrible shot PERIOD. Without a doubt it's the worst shot in basketball! We witnessed Woody going toe-to-toe with Josh. Other than making Josh captain (talk about dumb), what is LD doing? Our coach has to get Josh to understand he's being left wide open for a reason.

Fans:

Josh has 1 or no 3-pt attempts in 67% of the games played this season. Why do we still see these "Josh shouldn't be shooting 3s" posts?

Media:

Much of the Josh Smith hate is fueled by the ignorant Atlanta sports media (mainly 790's Mike Bell, Steak, Chris Dimino, and Ryan Stew). These people care more about Bulldogs recruitin' than anything Hawks, so why are allowing these idiots to feed us lies about Josh?

I have not complained much this season for 3 simple reasons. I know for as sure as the sun will shine tomorrow that this team will never be special with Joe Johnson, Rick Sund, and Larry Drew running the show. It's not worth the time or effort to get angry or excited until ALL three are out of Atlanta. We're wasting too much time talking about Josh when the true root cause is going unnoticed.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

to communicate

Our coach:

LD has failed miserably conveying to Josh why the long-two is horrible shot PERIOD. Without a doubt it's the worst shot in basketball! We witnessed Woody going toe-to-toe with Josh. Other than making Josh captain (talk about dumb), what is LD doing? Our coach has to get Josh to understand he's being left wide open for a reason.

Fans:

Josh has 1 or no 3-pt attempts in 67% of the games played this season. Why do we still see these "Josh shouldn't be shooting 3s" posts?

Media:

Much of the Josh Smith hate is fueled by the ignorant Atlanta sports media (mainly 790's Mike Bell, Steak, Chris Dimino, and Ryan Stew). These people care more about Bulldogs recruitin' than anything Hawks, so why are allowing these idiots to feed us lies about Josh?

I have not complained much this season for 3 simple reasons. I know for as sure as the sun will shine tomorrow that this team will never be special with Joe Johnson, Rick Sund, and Larry Drew running the show. It's not worth the time or effort to get angry or excited until ALL three are out of Atlanta. We're wasting too much time talking about Josh when the true root cause is going unnoticed.

Because when he's not shooting 3s, he's shooting long 2s. If he is going to shoot from long distance, why not make it count for something? Especially for those rare occasions when he might actually make one.

More frustrating to me than his long jumpers is his insistence on bringing the ball up court. He has absolutely no business doing that.

Oh, and another thing: blaming his coaches for not stopping him from doing all these stupid things - he's a grown man. He ought not to need anyone to tell him that which is intuitive to the most casual of observer. Yeah, our coaching stinks, but he needs to take responsibility for his own actions.

Because when he's not shooting 3s, he's shooting long 2s. If he is going to shoot from long distance, why not make it count for something? Especially for those rare occasions when he might actually make one.

More frustrating to me than his long jumpers is his insistence on bringing the ball up court. He has absolutely no business doing that.

Oh, and another thing: blaming his coaches for not stopping him from doing all these stupid things - he's a grown man. He ought not to need anyone to tell him that which is intuitive to the most casual of observer. Yeah, our coaching stinks, but he needs to take responsibility for his own actions.

He honestly thinks Josh is a better NBA player than JJ and will never ever see Smoove do anything wrong. It is that simple.

• Premium Member

He's a grown man who clearly does not think like a grown man so while he is to blame it makes no sense to blame him since he's oblivious to blame. He needs to be confronted. That's what Josh understands. This best friend bs LD's pulling is silly. Woody coached the long jumper out of Josh! LD (Josh's confidant) allowed it to return.

S.J.D (Sund, Johnson, Drew) aka the Hawks big 3.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Well well... I hate Josh with a passion but I certainly blame LD as well. You can see it in my sig.

While I agree LD could be the real cause of the Hawks fiasco, it's easier to blame Josh because he is the one making the boneheaded plays.

Fact is Josh doesn't like to bang and doesn't want to play in the paint anymore. Who's to blame? I blame both Birdbrain and the Undertaker