• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get a good look because you will miss him once he is gone.

Brotha2ThaNite

• Moderators

Most people relate shot selection and turnovers to BBIQ.

I do.

(With the caveat that turnovers doesn't mean raw totals but has to be taken in the context of what the player should be doing offensively).

Oh don't worry. Josh will continue to play well until after the trade deadline. Once he's safe from being traded, he'll revert to 8 pts, 3 rebound on 3 for 10 shooting Josh.

This is an asinine remark and one of the most unintelligent posts I have EVER read on this board since I've been here. As Josh said in the playoffs, he takes too much criticism from Hawks fans. The Hawks are still being competitive without Horford and Joe (missing significant amount of time) and fans are still making stupid comments like this. More than 80+% of the time, Josh will have at least 15 and 8 to go along with a stat line that he doesn't even TRY to pad. Horford has pretty much been gone for THE SEASON and Joe is averaging WHAT? Not to mention, Joe doesn't bring ANYTHING else to the table...no perimeter defense (HIGHLY OVERRATED), no passing game, no rebounding game, and no leadership.

For the disdain for Josh, he brings a lot more than given credit for. Yes he has his nights...it is his passion to win and his love for the city that he has...he plays with heart and passion.

Not extremely impressive when u consider that our team is full of jump shooters and he just so happens to be the least talented at that particular skill. Josh should shoot way more free throws than he does, again Ivan Johnson in about 1/15 of the minutes josh plays takes more charges and zaza takes the same amount. Dol sayin the league average is 5 becomes a lil misleading bc u have to factor in guards (who rarely get opportunities to take charges bc they're playing out on the perimeter) n bench players who get no where near the time on the floor that josh gets.

Can we take into account that Josh more times than not is going to either attempt a block or alter a shooter to pass the ball. Not to mention, how many blocks are taken into consideration because it still implies that he's attempting to take a charge. You want to bring up being on the perimeter...who should be the first one back to attempt to take a charge (we all know the Hawks miss a lot of long shots that leads to long rebounds), a perimeter player or a forward?

somebody's reaching, but it isn't me. he always plays a few great games in a row once people have decided they've had enough. once everything settles back down he'll be back to his same old stuff. do i wish it wasn't that way? sure i do, but history tells us otherwise.

i know every game can't be a great one, but if he'd stick to what he does well and stop trying to be a point guard, his bad games wouldn't be so bad, and everyone wouldn't be so frustrated with his wild inconsistencies. comprendo?

Fact of the matter is...Josh is top three on this team with everything except shooting %s...but let's not act like he is shooting the worst neither.

Few great games huh, how many good games are taken into account. First it was wait until after the All-Star selection and he'll revert back to old Josh, then it is wait til everything settles and he'll revert back, then it is wait until the playoffs and he'll revert back, when in actuality, he plays harder and better than any Hawks player in recent playoff performances.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

Can we take into account that Josh more times than not is going to either attempt a block or alter a shooter to pass the ball. Not to mention, how many blocks are taken into consideration because it still implies that he's attempting to take a charge. You want to bring up being on the perimeter...who should be the first one back to attempt to take a charge (we all know the Hawks miss a lot of long shots that leads to long rebounds), a perimeter player or a forward?

Fact of the matter is...Josh is top three on this team with everything except shooting %s...but let's not act like he is shooting the worst neither.

Few great games huh, how many good games are taken into account. First it was wait until after the All-Star selection and he'll revert back to old Josh, then it is wait til everything settles and he'll revert back, then it is wait until the playoffs and he'll revert back, when in actuality, he plays harder and better than any Hawks player in recent playoff performances.

Yeah, if you like your PF shooting 44%. I would expect closer to 50% from a PF, because they're shooting from close range or dunking.

Umm yes that's why Nique mentioned several times last night that Josh should be bringing the ball up the court instead of the guards... oh wait I got that backwards, sorry. But I guess Nique's opinion won't matter to these guys either.

No, you're right...but Horford shouldn't bring the ball up the court either, but he is known for doing that and so is Josh...when it is good, you hear the comments, 'what teams have a PF and C combo that can lead a fast break?' and this isn't just from 'some' Hawks fans but analysts..but when it goes wrong, give the ball up

How about Joe shouldn't bring the ball up court either because he drains the clock with 15+ seconds of monotonous dribble and kill offensive flow. At least Josh attempts to pass the ball in running a fast break and not just pulling up and dribbling.

Yeah, if you like your PF shooting 44%. I would expect closer to 50% from a PF, because they're shooting from close range or dunking.

What other argument to refute the points I made do you have? I acknowledged his shooting %. Hell, I don't want Joe shooting 44% but we know it is

Josh:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 11-12 ATL 37 37 35.5 0.447 0.282 0.568 1.9 7.9 9.9 3.6 1.5 2.1 2.7 2.5 16.6 Career 571 549 33.9 0.464 0.282 0.668 2.1 5.8 7.9 3.0 1.3 2.2 2.5 2.9 14.7

Joe:

Season Averages stats_header_lft.gif Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 11-12 ATL 33 33 35.8 0.423 0.341 0.880 1.0 2.5 3.5 3.7 0.7 0.2 1.8 1.4 17.6 Career 804 734 36.7 0.442 0.365 0.796 1.0 3.2 4.2 4.5 1.0 0.2 2.2 2.0

SmooveHawkFan - You seem to be selective about which of my posts you refer to (and probably read), try this one from 3/4/12. What part of this do you disagree with?

"no. i love the josh from the last two games. i even know he can't play like that every game, but he could learn some things and grow, and not depend on people to "get in his face" to make him do it. he could take some pride in his ability and focus it and become one of the game's elite, if he chooses to. if he would commit to playing more like the last two games and less like the two games before that, i'd love to keep him and even build the team around him, but it requires some commitment on his part. "

No, you're right...but Horford shouldn't bring the ball up the court either, but he is known for doing that and so is Josh...when it is good, you hear the comments, 'what teams have a PF and C combo that can lead a fast break?' and this isn't just from 'some' Hawks fans but analysts..but when it goes wrong, give the ball up

How about Joe shouldn't bring the ball up court either because he drains the clock with 15+ seconds of monotonous dribble and kill offensive flow. At least Josh attempts to pass the ball in running a fast break and not just pulling up and dribbling.

Should Horford be bringing the ball up the court? Absolutely not! But last year Al did average slightly more assists with a full turnover less per game so if I had to choose between the 2 I'd much rather it be Al doing it. And even if they were even there I'd choose Al because nobody on the team should be on the wing filling the lane more than Josh on the break since he's by far our best finisher in transition.

Regarding Joe vs Josh, it sounds like you're more accepting of Josh turning it over from a dumb pass than Joe dribbling 15 seconds of clocking and putting up a shot. To that I say that there is an enormous difference between the 2 situations, with Joe shooting at least you have a shot at an offensive rebound and to get back on defense if you don't. With Josh turning the ball over on the break that usually leads to the other team being able to get on the break against us since our defense won't be set up. And if I had to choose between a PF and a SG dribbling the ball up the court I'm always going to go with the guard who has much better handles!

I may miss him if our team stays so medicore. I mean seriously think about this: a never been a all-star, undersized power forward, who does not like contact, and furthermore cannot shoot a jumper but loves to take them is some nights the best player on our team.

We will make the playoffs, then by the 2nd round we will suck, then we will talk all off-season about how our core is going to improve, and we need just one more star player. That is not only medicore but has gotten to the point of being downright boring....

Josh and Marvin are the poster boys of the core will improve this season talk. We all know Marv's story, it aint happening. Some of us refuse to believe Josh's and see him as a can't miss superstar one day. Here is a clue: despite losing our 2nd leading scorer ( Jamal Crawford ) and our team being ravaged by injuries this season (Hinrich, Horford, JJ), Mr Smith is averaging 16.6 ppg this season. Now what did he do last season you may ask? Try 16.5

You Josh Smith fans ( please do not read Atlanta Hawk fans in general ) should be jumping up and down with joy at that .10 ppg improvement .... lmfao

Edited by Buzzard

• 2 weeks later...

Oh don't worry. Josh will continue to play well until after the trade deadline. Once he's safe from being traded, he'll revert to 8 pts, 3 rebound on 3 for 10 shooting Josh.

Hate to say I told you so, but... Actually he is getting more than three rebounds a game, but 3 for 15 followed by 5 for 20?