• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Pacers

willthepureshooter

From 5:20 to 0:23 mark, they only scored 2 points. Who else fault is it. Drew has a tendency to go into "victory formation" during the final minutes.

I'm not at all claiming that LD bears no responsibility for the poor offense down the stretch, I'm simply saying that he's not responsible for everything, good or bad, that happens with a player or with the team. And you're right LD should have done something to try and help us get more offense but we did get some decent shots up, they just weren't falling during that stretch.

Guest Walter

Good thing there is more to basketball than scoring points.

Not hardly when 2 of your team's top 3 scorers are out. It never ceases to amaze me how much MW doesn't want to step up and the lengths some fans go to defend it.

Good win though. JS is making the case for trading Horford and/or JJ.

W

Not that it is of much consequence, but is Joe playing?

You're right. It didn't matter. Now the questions arise.

1- Is JJ being on the floor the main reason that Josh plays the way he does?

(He hasn't been playing wild with JJ out, has he?)

2- The one loss recently came with JJ playing. Defer all to JJ now doesn't make sense, does it.

3- If the Hawks play this good with all the players they have out injured, what would they

be like if everyone was healthy? Hint: It's hard to improve on winning every game.

Edited by Gray Mule

Really? I smell a poll. But the only person's opinion who really matters is Sund. I hope he's smart as I think he is.

I think that due to his age, contract, and physical ailments, plus how we've seen Josh respond with Joe out that yes most of us here would be open to a trade of Joe if it netted us a competent replacement scorer.

Ok I'd like to retract some of my above statements LOL. Josh Smith played 3 offensively incredible quarters of basketball tonight for the Hawks (although David West killed him all night on the other end) and then played an incredible quarter for the Pacers in the 4th!

Thank God Pargo was there with the big 3's and our guys rebounded the ball so well throughout!

Off topic but I really don't mind listening to the Pacers announcers at all, they're intelligent and unbiased and I really enjoyed listening to them call the game tonight.

It was just interesting to hear the Pacers announcer say all game long that you just hope that Josh gets overconfident in his shot and takes it when he shouldn't and he did it on what I believe was back-to-back crucial possessions in the 4th quarter with the last one being a disaster. That right there is the main reason why other coaches don't see Josh as an All-Star because he was the best player on the court most of night tonight but was just awful at the end. Still though he had a tremendous game offensively for the majority of the game and I'll give him credit for that. What did surprise me was his complete inability to even slow David West down. West is a talented scorer but I didn't think he'd be able to get wherever he wanted and we're lucky they didn't go to him more often.

So in your eyes was Josh good in the 4th quarter?

And not surprised that you ignored all of the good things I said about Josh's game.

Well Dolfan,

It's hard to look at the good things once you start off with negative about Josh and end with negative about him in your post.

I think that due to his age, contract, and physical ailments, plus how we've seen Josh respond with Joe out that yes most of us here would be open to a trade of Joe if it netted us a competent replacement scorer.

I'm down with just finding away to dump his salary with rental players. Just get that contract off the Hawks' book.preved.gif

Well Dolfan,

It's hard to look at the good things once you start off with negative about Josh and end with negative about him in your post.

I'm down with just finding away to dump his salary with rental players. Just get that contract off the Hawks' book.preved.gif

First thing I said about Josh in this thread ...

Whew we look REALLY good tonight! Josh looks like he could be having a career scoring night, Teague is ballin and call me crazy but Dampier is looking great as well.

Next thing I said about Josh in this thread...

Well we have our unbeaten streaks on the line now. Unbeaten when leading after 3 and unbeaten when Josh scores more than 20. I think we're gonna do it!

In all his years has Josh ever shot the ball this well? He hasn't even touched the rim on most of his shots! I'm sticking by my thought earlier that Josh will get his career scoring high for a game tonight!!

It wasn't until after the game when he had played that terrible 4th quarter that I said a single negative thing about him.