• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Pacers

willthepureshooter

Ok I'd like to retract some of my above statements LOL. Josh Smith played 3 offensively incredible quarters of basketball tonight for the Hawks (although David West killed him all night on the other end) and then played an incredible quarter for the Pacers in the 4th!

Thank God Pargo was there with the big 3's and our guys rebounded the ball so well throughout!

Off topic but I really don't mind listening to the Pacers announcers at all, they're intelligent and unbiased and I really enjoyed listening to them call the game tonight.

As much as we all hate to see Josh flex for a bomb, you gotta respect his self-confidence. Jesus Christ himself could appear in front of his face and curse him if he releases a shot. Josh would push him out the way and launch, no disrespect to the Christians out there. Just illustrating Josh is a stubborn bastard, to his and our benefit tonight. Luckily. On a side note, I would've rather seen Al in a wheelchair for the ASG than Hibbert. Goodness.

Edited by benhillboy

As much as we all hate to see Josh flex for a bomb, you gotta respect his self-confidence. Jesus Christ himself could appear in front of his face and curse him for releasing a shot. Josh would push him out the way and launch.

It was just interesting to hear the Pacers announcer say all game long that you just hope that Josh gets overconfident in his shot and takes it when he shouldn't and he did it on what I believe was back-to-back crucial possessions in the 4th quarter with the last one being a disaster. That right there is the main reason why other coaches don't see Josh as an All-Star because he was the best player on the court most of night tonight but was just awful at the end. Still though he had a tremendous game offensively for the majority of the game and I'll give him credit for that. What did surprise me was his complete inability to even slow David West down. West is a talented scorer but I didn't think he'd be able to get wherever he wanted and we're lucky they didn't go to him more often.

All he is saying is that he didn't play a good 4th qt. Do you think he played a good 4th qt?

Dolfan went on to say he was the best player on the court for the other 3 qts. He is just calling it like it is.

All he is saying is that he didn't play a good 4th qt. Do you think he played a good 4th qt?

Dolfan went on to say he was the best player on the court for the other 3 qts. He is just calling it like it is.

Thank you! And I said that even with David West putting up 24 points on him. Josh was awesome for the 3 quarters tonight and I thought for sure he was going to break his single game scoring mark when he had 27 through 3 quarters.

Man you'd think that I said Josh was a freaking child molester or something.

People have their favorite players on the hawks and if you ever say anything negative you would think that you killed someone's family member.

• Like 2

After the Golden State game the threads on Josh were brutal and quite premature. Now he has shown that he can carry the team without Al (the chosen one) or Joe (Mr. Iso) and Marvin (the invisible man-even when he is on the court). A little help from some vets at the end of these games has resulted in victories. Go HAWKS!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This was an impressive win. I honestly don't think Sund gets enough credit with the handcuffs he has with the A$G and being able to make quality veteran minimum deals. Our bench is deep enough to survive two All Stars being out for extended periods of time and still beat quality teams.

• Like 1

Josh was cold in the 4th but the play calling failed and he had to go iso. Drew in his infinite wisdom doesn't call a play for him in the post.

I guess iso Tmac coming off a knee injury a couple of days ago was the move. Drew is nothing more than Woody 2.0

HA! It's on record....Ha!!!!!! LOL

Hey wait a minute now! ireful1.gif

Josh was cold in the 4th but the play calling failed and he had to go iso. Drew in his infinite wisdom doesn't call a play for him in the post.

I guess iso Tmac coming off a knee injury a couple of days ago was the move. Drew is nothing more than Woody 2.0

So if Josh's 4th quarter was Drew's fault then it stands to reason that Josh's 1st 3 quarters were Drew's success.

• Like 1

I guess you were busy watching the Mavs or Rockets. He put the ball in Tmacs hands and we nearly lost this game for no reason.

Oh wow you're right I was watching the wrong game, clearly evidenced by my comments in this thread throughout the game.

That play you're referring to, if I remember correctly, was where T-Mac was calling for the ball and waiving Teague off and then T-Mac totally screwed the play up and barely got a shot off. That was clearly 100% on T-Mac and you're going to blame LD for it???

If we were to beat the heat tomorrow minus joe.. i say trade him! without question

I'm sure most of us here would love to trade Joe but it's probably not that easy. Win or lose tomorrow if you can get 85% of his scoring back in trade plus another decent player you'd have to do it. I'd sure love to get Kevin Martin for him!

And i just read another article posted 17 hours ago about a Joe for Monte deal. GS said there interested in joe but down want to have to take the expense of him.. THey are more interested in Smoove, but Atlanta doesnt want to part ways with him..

"The Warriors think they could get Joe Johnson but feel he's a more expensive and possibly inferior player to Monta Ellis. They'd like Josh Smith, but they haven't found the Hawks willing to part with the forward."