The Ewing Theory...Do the Hawks fall under this?

Pmeehan

I have been watching the Hawks this season, and loved how we used our whole bench at the beginning of the year ( more energy, especially on defense) and I honestly believe we are a better team without Joe Johnson on the floor. It is hard at this point of the season to really asess this while missing Al Horford, but they ball movement I have seen and the more up temp game style looks like it benefits our team more.For those who do not know what the Ewing theory is, I posted some links below:

http://proxy.espn.go...tory?id=1193711

http://www.urbandict...0Ewing%20Theory

Doesn't fully qualify for the Ewing theory under it's exact stipulations considering that we haven't seen a full season without Joe but over the last few seasons the team has posted a winning record through games he's missed so that does increase the sample some by stating that it's not just a singular season fluke.

Absolutely not. The first criteria is said player has to have "an inordinate amount of media coverage and fan support.". No one cares about Joe except Diesel. There is no "writing off" to do with a Joe-less Hawks team when teams in the East were leapfrogging us with Joe in tow. Comparing Patrick's impact (a H.O.Fer), present or absent, to Joe is pretty farfetched.

Edited by benhillboy

Absolutely not. The first criteria is said player has to have "an inordinate amount of media coverage and fan support.". No one cares about Joe except Diesel. There is no "writing off" to do with a Joe-less Hawks team when teams in the East were leapfrogging us with Joe in tow. Comparing Patrick's impact (a H.O.Fer), present or absent, to Joe is pretty farfetched.

I think that you care about Joe just as much as Diesel cares about Marvin. It's impossible to talk about someone so much and not develop love for them newspaper.gif

Chuckle of the day.

lol.gif

Lmao

<

<br />

Absolutely not.;The first criteria is said player has to have &quot;an inordinate amount of media coverage and fan support.&quot;. No one cares about Joe except Diesel.;There is no &quot;writing off&quot; to do with a Joe-less Hawks team when teams in the East were leapfrogging us with Joe in tow.&nbsp;&nbsp;Comparing Patrick's impact (a H.O.Fer), present or absent, to Joe is pretty farfetched.<br />

You're definitely right about Joe not getting media coverage and fan support, but by the way our Team ( coaches, owners, GM) ;he is the best player on this team, which is why they threw a ridiculous&nbsp;amount;of money at him. ;I do not agree with it much, but I do feel that he is important to this team. &nbsp;I knew the Hawks situation did not fit with the Ewing Theory exactly, but the fact that the Hawks have been playing well lately without Joe, and earlier once Al went down, it just got me thinking....</p>

Edited by Pmeehan

The example I always think of is Dominque Wilkins leaving UGA a year early for the NBA. Next year the four remaining non-superstars but excellent teamwork guys, get to the final four for the first and only time in UGA history.