• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh isn't going anywhere!

willthepureshooter

"Highlight Factory"? - It's been a while since Josh has given us those highlights, the Ibaka dunk being the last one of significance. Freeking Kris Humphries has more dunks than Josh. Josh is too busy roaming the perimeter and bringing the ball up the court to give us the highlights anymore.

Trading Josh for Monta is a horrible trade. I don't want Monta period.

I don't think he is getting traded at deadline IMO unless an offer comes that we can't refuse. I'm a hawks fan and a Josh Smith fan. If they do trade him I the Hawks get some real good value back. Also I hope smith plays for a good team where we can see his full potential whether it's Celtics, Lakers, Spurs etc.

Having said that I don't think he will get traded until the offseason(unless the Hawks decide to build around him).

• Premium Member

Just wanted to put my .02 cents on it.

Josh may indeed want out but I doubt that we move him until the offseason. Here's why...

Everybody's contract is up... LD's, Sund's... Josh has one more year on his contract. I don't think that we will get a good deal right now for Josh. Nothing that helps the team. That being the case, I don't see these guys putting their careers on the line just to make Josh happier now. In the offseason, sure.. but not this very moment.

• Premium Member

Just wanted to put my .02 cents on it.

Josh may indeed want out but I doubt that we move him until the offseason. Here's why...

Everybody's contract is up... LD's, Sund's... Josh has one more year on his contract. I don't think that we will get a good deal right now for Josh. Nothing that helps the team. That being the case, I don't see these guys putting their careers on the line just to make Josh happier now. In the offseason, sure.. but not this very moment.

One problem that's sure to arise if the Hawks continue to wait to move him is Josh will gain more leverage in determining where he wants to play because of his contract status (expiring). This places limits on what teams would trade and who they would be willing to trade. Truth is, the Hawks should have seen this coming along time ago (I did) and been more proactive in dealing with it.

• Like 1

If I recall it right, Josh's contract has a trade kicker, which gives him a 15% raIse if he's traded. Makes it just that much harder to trade him. Kind of odd, since it seems like when he signed it the idea was to help him not be traded. Who knows - maybe he just want to get the pay increase.

I would much rather they traded Joe Johnson and built the team around Josh than trade Josh and continue to center it around Joe. Neither is ideal, but Joe is clearly declining and he is becoming injury prone, so his best days are behind him.

• Premium Member

One problem that's sure to arise if the Hawks continue to wait to move him is Josh will gain more leverage in determining where he wants to play because of his contract status (expiring). This places limits on what teams would trade and who they would be willing to trade. Truth is, the Hawks should have seen this coming along time ago (I did) and been more proactive in dealing with it.

Josh's leverage really doesn't start until after the offseason. He will have more leverage going past december. But until then, the Hawks hold all the cards... Moreover, it's a big free agent class this offseason. Most teams will probably be capped out going into the next deadline. That pushes Josh's leverage until the offseason of 2013... I suppose by then, a reasonable deal can be found.