• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh isn't going anywhere!

willthepureshooter

Lol! Call me when these rumors have some sort of foundation to them. Cunningham and Schultz have always come out with bogus Josh trade rumors before the deadline. Do you guys actually think ASG would allow Josh to leave before getting rid of Marvin, Kirk, or even JJ?? Josh single handily brought people into Phillips Arena and dubbed it the "Highlight Factory" with his explosive play. You know what kind of marketing the ASG would lose if Josh walked through the door?? Put it like this, "The Al Amigo Factory" or the "Average Joe Factory" won't get people in the seats. And further more, who would be left to actually block shots and dunk the ball -- Jeff Teague??? Maybe..

Trust me people, somebody will be traded and it will not be Josh I tell you that. These games are his message to ASG. He wants them to see how valuable he is and how much he brings to this team on nightly basis. Scary part about it is that he's playing too consistent without our supposedly top players. Its about time he's had the opportunity to show ASG that he's the true franchise player of this team. And I bet ASG and Sund are looking at the games with a smile. This team feeds from his high energy and it looks amazing how they're playing with more passion and testicular fortitude. What surprised me last night, was how everyone's attitude reminded me of the infamous Celtic playoff series. It was tough gritty and nasty basketball being played. Hell!! Even Joe fed from Josh's energy that series and went off for that amazing 4th quarter in game 6!!!!

Seems like the dark shield is coming off this core and we're finally noticing the weak links. You can't beat the fact that all of our guys are actually rallying around Josh during the game. And you know what, it speaks a lot when it comes to older NBA veterans banding around the younger leader of the team.

The pressure now is on Joe Johnson and Al Horford guys. Wonder why he's playing it safe with that knee of his..??? lol

AND YOU GUYS WANT TO TRADE HIM FOR THIS GUY???!!

josh-smith-bio3.jpg

CHILD PLEASE...... LOL!

• Like 1

+1 i belive every good team has that one guy who you count on night in and night out who you tag your franschise player who you build around and Joe you Sir are not that guy this is Josh Smith's team

with that being said sund should trade joe for any anything avg and 1st rd pick

i mean we beat okc and almost ALMOST miami without our two so called ALLSTARS its apparent who the real allstar is

Edited by cptkirksavetheday
  • Like 1

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

2011: 23rd

2010: 22nd

2009: 18th

2008: 20th

2007: 20th

2006: 26th

2005: 29th

2004: 29th

Avg: 23rd

Those are the numbers that "Mr Highlight Factory" have brought as far as attendance to the Hawks. This year we average 1,500 more fans per game than the worst team in the league and we're 6,000 less per game than the best team. I don't think that's a very good argument for keeping Josh.

• Like 1

Those are the numbers that "Mr Highlight Factory" have brought as far as attendance to the Hawks. This year we average 1,500 more fans per game than the worst team in the league and we're 6,000 less per game than the best team. I don't think that's a very good argument for keeping Josh.

Why is Phillips Arena called the "Highlight Factory," and when did they start calling it the "Highlight Factory"??? Ding!!!! The answer is when Josh Smith arrived!!! You can't dodge the truth Dolfan.. I've noticed how you seem to do that often. You're arguing about marketing driven business with an marketer my friend. Please give me answers with validity instead of going on your google search and coming back with foolish rebuttals.

Actually it is....I mean think about it, if Josh left no one would come to games. Unless you got someone equally or more exciting back but I doubt that happen. I hope we just trade Joe away for someone and a pick and keep it moving. I would really prefer Monta over Joe right about now. That would boost or attendance up simply because Joe is gone! Do not underestimate how many people hate Joe and doesn't follow the Hawks simply because of that notoriously horrible signing.

• Premium Member

Nothing like a good set of 'nimbers' to get people back to Earth.

I wonder if you so called hawks fans will still follow the team if smoove is traded

I, for one, have been a fan since the Nique days. I didn't quit on the Hawks because Nique was traded, why should I do it now?

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

Why is Phillips Arena called the "Highlight Factory," and when did they start calling it the "Highlight Factory"??? Ding!!!! The answer is when Josh Smith arrived!!! You can't dodge the truth Dolfan.. I've noticed how you seem to do that often. You're arguing about marketing driven business with an marketer my friend. Please give me answers with validity instead of going on your google search and coming back with foolish rebuttals.

Well let's see, I have a marketing degree and have worked in marketing for 10 years so I think I'm qualified to talk about this. Who's dodging the truth here, the TRUTH, shown by very simple to understand attendance numbers, show that the fans aren't coming out to support this current team that includes Josh Smith and yet you want to come up with some Diesel-esque response to where you don't refute the plain and simple numbers? You have no chance of winning this argument will so go ahead and respond with an emotional response that has no substance to it, I'll wait.

Actually it is....I mean think about it, if Josh left no one would come to games. Unless you got someone equally or more exciting back but I doubt that happen. I hope we just trade Joe away for someone and a pick and keep it moving. I would really prefer Monta over Joe right about now. That would boost or attendance up simply because Joe is gone! Do not underestimate how many people hate Joe and doesn't follow the Hawks simply because of that notoriously horrible signing.

The people aren't coming to the games now! If you get a SUPERSTAR like Steve Nash that will draw in thousands of casual fans and re-invigorate the Hawks fans. Atlanta's casual fans don't know how old Nash is or what his defense is, they just know that he's a superstar and they WILL come out to support him. The Suns aren't a good team and they're in a smaller market and yet they still draw more fans than the Hawks do and the Hawks have been to the playoffs 4 straight years.

So let me get this straight.

No one comes to Phillips unless they want to see Josh.

Josh wants out because all those people that only come out to see him are giving him an unfair amount of blame.

And please, let's not do the doughy eyed ignorant Lebron/Dwight fan schtick of laughing off every rumor because they're just "rumors".........until he's gone . This is the 4th, count it 4th time this has been reported in the past year and it's just now that the slow *ss Atlanta media has caught on to something right in front of their face.

• Premium Member

?

Really? Well I guess everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

The nickname doesnt matter, Management has always tried to get people to the games , but it hasnt really worked in their favor....Does anyone remember the PLAYOFF GUARANTEED ATLANTA HAWKS back in 2003?; I splurged on some nice seats in 114 and got them for free because they didnt make the playoffs. Bad year for the team, great year for my wallet

Edited by Pmeehan
  • Like 2

Until someone tells me why the "Highlight Factory" was given that name everyone's responses are based off ignorance to the truth. I've never seen a steady running Joe johnson commercial or even an Al Horford commercial. All I'm saying is when those "Highlight Factory" commercials come on, I see a lot of Josh Smith.

Until someone tells me why the "Highlight Factory" was given that name everyone's responses are based off ignorance to the truth. I've never seen a steady running Joe johnson commercial or even an Al Horford commercial. All I'm saying is when those "Highlight Factory" commercials come on, I see a lot of Josh Smith.

It wasn't called the Highlight Factory strictly because of Josh and if you can prove that it was I'll be happy to proclaim that you were right and I was wrong, but I want the same in return when you can't prove it. They could call it the naked chicks factory for all that it matters with the bottom line as people aren't showing up to watch a midlevel star who they have to boo in games to try and get him to stop shooting long jumpers and the numbers show that.

The nickname doesnt matter, Management has always tried to get people to the games , but it hasnt really worked in their favor....Does anyone remember the PLAYOFF GUARANTEED ATLANTA HAWKS back in 2003?; I splurged on some nice seats in 114 and got them for free because they didnt make the playoffs. Bad year for the team, great year for my wallet

It took some digging but I found the thread on here where we discussed the guarantee ...

Sure didn't work out too well in the end for Lon Kruger or Pete Babcock, who I really miss as the GM since he would actually get involved with Hawksquawk. I don't miss him as the GM making draft decisions though!

If Josh was traded for someone like Monta Ellis the pathetic attendance would just become more pathetic. I mean, do you really expect people to come to watch Ellis, Joe and Horf?

If Josh was traded for someone like Monta Ellis the pathetic attendance would just become more pathetic. I mean, do you really expect people to come to watch Ellis, Joe and Horf?

That's an awful trade and I'd hope that we'd never do that.

I was referring to Smoove's goon squad.

BTW if Josh is just going to walk in the offseason, is he going to be able to hold us hostage ala Dwight Howard....cuz that would really suck

Yup. But don't bother pondering trading him though, you hater. Just watch him walk for free instead.

Well let's see, I have a marketing degree and have worked in marketing for 10 years so I think I'm qualified to talk about this. Who's dodging the truth here, the TRUTH, shown by very simple to understand attendance numbers, show that the fans aren't coming out to support this current team that includes Josh Smith and yet you want to come up with some Diesel-esque response to where you don't refute the plain and simple numbers? You have no chance of winning this argument will so go ahead and respond with an emotional response that has no substance to it, I'll wait.

For what it's worth here's why I think we have a tough time with attendance. For one, we don't cater to our city which is below the poverty line and has a high unemployment rate. If we want to sell out we need to cater to the people that are living in Atlanta. Why is it that there were more people in Atlanta watching the All Star game than any other city in the country? There are tons of people here that like basketball, they just decide, well, if I can only afford two or three games this season, then I'm going to go to watch the best teams. Then, they sit on the couch, watch LeBron play Derick Rose, and get ready to come see them when they come to town. Here's another thing that I think hurts us; The city is too damn spread out and we don't have a true business district. Most office buildings have moved toward the Perimeter and even all the way up into Alpharetta, So many business are heading wayyy north or wayyy south that many just don't want to make the trip to Philips. Hell, I don't like to fight traffic to go all the way downtown, pay $50 to sit upstairs sometimes, and sit next to people rooting for other teams. But...I do it anyway

For what it's worth here's why I think we have a tough time with attendance. For one, we don't cater to our city which is below the poverty line and has a high unemployment rate. If we want to sell out we need to cater to the people that are living in Atlanta. Why is it that there were more people in Atlanta watching the All Star game than any other city in the country? There are tons of people here that like basketball, they just decide, well, if I can only afford two or three games this season, then I'm going to go to watch the best teams. Then, they sit on the couch, watch LeBron play Derick Rose, and get ready to come see them when they come to town. Here's another thing that I think hurts us; The city is too damn spread out and we don't have a true business district. Most office buildings have moved toward the Perimeter and even all the way up into Alpharetta, So many business are heading wayyy north or wayyy south that many just don't want to make the trip to Philips. Hell, I don't like to fight traffic to go all the way downtown, pay $50 to sit upstairs sometimes, and sit next to people rooting for other teams. But...I do it anyway

You make excellent points and there are many ways they could improve attendance. My only point here is that people don't come out to see Josh Smith anymore than they do other Hawks. Unfortunately the Josh Smith fan club seem to think he's a draw like LeBron is but the truth is if you swapped him for LeBron our attendance numbers would skyrocket without any other changes. I don't want to see Josh traded but if we do and get a good player back it won't hurt our attendance at all.