• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can I just say...........

Wretch

Its clear to me that you simply do not like josh smith as you will find any angle necessary to stroke your opinion. You will also defend the likes of one marvin williams with the same type of "stroking." I am sure you will have some lame refute for this that will double as a back handed compliment.

Josh's problem is and always has been inconsistency. When he gets lucky with his jumpers falling he shoots .475 or higher, when they don't he shoots more like .400 to .425. I say luck because he is not a shooter like a JJ. He is a PF who likes to shoot jumpers.

If he could just figure out they are not falling and stop taking them on a game by game basis he would at least be able to keep those .400 to .425 nights at a more respectable .450 or so. But he does not stop shooting which is the frustrating part of his game and makes a lot of people here, myself included, question his BBIQ.

I do not like dumb players, and when Josh keeps shooting all night long from 20ft and out, he looks dumb when they are not falling...sorry but that is how I see it.

Edited by Buzzard

Josh's problem is and always has been inconsistency. When he gets lucky with his jumpers falling he shoots .475 or higher, when they don't he shoots more like .400 to .425. I say luck because he is not a shooter like a JJ. He is a PF who likes to shoot jumpers.

If he could just figure out they are not falling and stop taking them on a game by game basis he would at least be able to keep those .400 to .425 nights at a more respectable .450 or so. But he does not stop shooting which is the frustrating part of his game and makes a lot of people here, myself included, question his BBIQ.

I do not like dumb players, and when Josh keeps shooting all night long from 20ft and out, he looks dumb when they are not falling...sorry but that is how I see it.

I can live with josh's offensive game, which i think has improved this year, because of D. We have one of the very best d's in the league thanks to Josh.

Why dont you give that the proper credit?

I really cant stand it when you guys call smoove dumb. He isnt dumb. The hawks should be promoting josh for defensive player of the year! Why not? We have the best road d in the league.

I really cant stand it when you guys call smoove dumb. He isnt dumb. The hawks should be promoting josh for defensive player of the year! Why not? We have the best road d in the league.

Career stats for a PF that can hit a jumper:

FG% .475 3PT% .379 FT% .877 RPG 8.3 APG 2.6 SPG .9 BPG 1.0 TO 1.9 PPG 22.8

Josh's who cannot hit a jumper:

FG% .464 3PT% .283 FT% .667 RPG 7.9 APG 3.0 SPG 1.3 BPG 2.2 TO 2.5 PPG 14.8

If Josh would accept the fact that he cannot shoot a jump shot my opinion of his BBIQ would change 110%. But until he stops thinking he is Dirk Nowitzki out there on the offensive end, delusional is the kindest word I can come up with for his jump shooting binges....

I like delusional alot more than just saying he is flat out dumb. Stubborn is another good one. But please consider the level of his defense. It is elite.

Delusional works :) And I have never questioned his help D, for a player his size no one is doing it better IMO.

Its clear to me that you simply do not like josh smith as you will find any angle necessary to stroke your opinion. You will also defend the likes of one marvin williams with the same type of "stroking." I am sure you will have some lame refute for this that will double as a back handed compliment.

I have multiple Josh Smith jerseys, my xbox avatar has a Josh Smith jersey, I used a picture of Josh Smith for the cover image on our Facebook page ... but yeah I obviously don't like him.

Why is it that someone cannot use logic and reason to say that Josh Smith should not be taking the final shot when he's shooting 40% for the game without being labeled a "hater" or similar? And then the "huggers" come out to defend him without using any logic or reason and simply get emotional about it.

And WTF does this post have to do with Marvin? Marvin the basketball player is probably my least favorite of the Hawks players, but you wouldn't have the ability to consider that through your blinders.

So hug on dawg, we need your kind around here to balance out my hatred.

Joe also gets doubled and josh does not. There is a reason for that.

I think the reason is two fold.

1. We have a coaching staff that continues to try and run the offense through Joe when it should not be run through him any longer.

2. Other teams know that when Joe gets the ball, he is going to hold onto it and end up taking an off balanced 23 foot jumper.

I am not going to deny that Josh Smith has a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde type of offensive game. However, when he is on his game and doing what he does best, he is the only player on this team that the other team cannot guard. When he is attacking the basket, facilitating, and playing aggressively instead of passively settling for jumpers, the other team cannot stop him.

I agree with Jason Walker on this. Josh Smith has been underappreciated by the Atlanta fanbase, the coaching staff, the front office, and most notably the team ownership. He is the guy that they should be trying to build around and not Joe Johnson. They should have let Joe Johnson walk in free agency, taken whatever minor step back they would have taken if any, and build this thing around Josh and Al. Now, we have a player that is not aging gracefully and cannot defend at this point who has a contract that prevents this team from doing what is necessary to improve. As a result, the team may be faced with the proposition of losing its best player either in the offseason or after next year when he's a free agent.

I think the reason is two fold.

1. We have a coaching staff that continues to try and run the offense through Joe when it should not be run through him any longer.

2. Other teams know that when Joe gets the ball, he is going to hold onto it and end up taking an off balanced 23 foot jumper.

I am not going to deny that Josh Smith has a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde type of offensive game. However, when he is on his game and doing what he does best, he is the only player on this team that the other team cannot guard. When he is attacking the basket, facilitating, and playing aggressively instead of passively settling for jumpers, the other team cannot stop him.

I agree with Jason Walker on this. Josh Smith has been underappreciated by the Atlanta fanbase, the coaching staff, the front office, and most notably the team ownership. He is the guy that they should be trying to build around and not Joe Johnson. They should have let Joe Johnson walk in free agency, taken whatever minor step back they would have taken if any, and build this thing around Josh and Al. Now, we have a player that is not aging gracefully and cannot defend at this point who has a contract that prevents this team from doing what is necessary to improve. As a result, the team may be faced with the proposition of losing its best player either in the offseason or after next year when he's a free agent.

You can guard Josh, just play hack-a-Josh. He's proven this year that he cannot be counted on to make FTs. You can also back way off him and make him shoot longer 2's. Until he improves his FT shooting and stops taking long 2's you cannot say that he cannot be guarded.

I have multiple Josh Smith jerseys, my xbox avatar has a Josh Smith jersey, I used a picture of Josh Smith for the cover image on our Facebook page ... but yeah I obviously don't like him.

Why is it that someone cannot use logic and reason to say that Josh Smith should not be taking the final shot when he's shooting 40% for the game without being labeled a "hater" or similar? And then the "huggers" come out to defend him without using any logic or reason and simply get emotional about it.

And WTF does this post have to do with Marvin? Marvin the basketball player is probably my least favorite of the Hawks players, but you wouldn't have the ability to consider that through your blinders.

So hug on dawg, we need your kind around here to balance out my hatred.

I love how so definitive you are in seeing what YOU want to see. I never said you hated josh. I already stated josh's PER for the detroit game was the best of anyones and i said he specifically should have been given an opportunity down low with us only down 1. I doubt they hack a josh to give us a chance to tie or lead. Is that logical enough for you?

Your condesending nature is every bit as hostile as any post i have ever posted. Take note that i have been around this board for a long time even though i rarely post.

I love how so definitive you are in seeing what YOU want to see. I never said you hated josh. I already stated josh's PER for the detroit game was the best of anyones and i said he specifically should have been given an opportunity down low with us only down 1. I doubt they hack a josh to give us a chance to tie or lead. Is that logical enough for you?

Your condesending nature is every bit as hostile as any post i have ever posted. Take note that i have been around this board for a long time even though i rarely post.

We were down 1 because hack a Josh worked and he missed the tying FT, did you forget that? And what does PER have to do with being the one to take the shot? I want the guy with the hottest hand taking the shot.

Can you please try and dispute that Josh was shooting about 40% for the game and missed the tying FT with some type of facts instead of hyperbole?

As to being condescending you are the one that threw out that I dislike Josh and am "stroking" Marvin so if I hurt your feelings then by all means post even less often, it won't break my heart. But before you throw out accusations you might want to look in the mirror first.

We were down 1 because hack a Josh worked and he missed the tying FT, did you forget that? And what does PER have to do with being the one to take the shot? I want the guy with the hottest hand taking the shot.

Can you please try and dispute that Josh was shooting about 40% for the game and missed the tying FT with some type of facts instead of hyperbole?

As to being condescending you are the one that threw out that I dislike Josh and am "stroking" Marvin so if I hurt your feelings then by all means post even less often, it won't break my heart. But before you throw out accusations you might want to look in the mirror first.

You say go with the hot hand.

I say go with your best player, who I think is Josh.

I am not going to repeat every reason I already did just because you choose to ignore them. I chose PER because my reasoning was to go with the best player. You accused me of making unjustified comments and I was responding to that.

Every response you make in which you disagree has a condesending undertone that completely dismisses other people's opinions. I came right out and just said what I thought. I said it because I dont see how you can defend Marvin for ANY reason. But you do. But you actually beleive that some Josh did loses games. What about what Marvin NEVER does. What about Marvin letting Prince drive to his left without trying to force him to his weak side and then letting him shoot an 8 footer in the lane without even putting up a hand. Or did you forget about that? Maybe the Hawks didn't want to foul him and put him on the line for the potential go ahead points. Maybe that is the situation the Hawks should have put the Pistons in by going to Smoove on the post instead of iso Joe.

Dont worry. You wont hear from me anymore.

My wife is the only litle b*tch I care to argue with this much.

You say go with the hot hand.

I say go with your best player, who I think is Josh.

I am not going to repeat every reason I already did just because you choose to ignore them. I chose PER because my reasoning was to go with the best player. You accused me of making unjustified comments and I was responding to that.

How did Josh do when we went to him with a minute left, down 2, and they fouled him? That's right, he bricked a FT and left us down 1. And yet for some mystical reason you want to go there again a minute later? I mean seriously, you'd go with a go who shot 40% for the game and missed 4 of his 8 FT's. Brilliant!

You've provided zero evidence as to why you'd go with the player with the best PER for the last shot. That is just about the backwards argument you could make... ok well you could have said go with the best shot blocker or the best cheer leader on the bench and I suppose either of those would have been more backwards, but I think you get the point. Then again based on your PER argument I'm not sure that you will...

Every response you make in which you disagree has a condesending undertone that completely dismisses other people's opinions. I came right out and just said what I thought. I said it because I dont see how you can defend Marvin for ANY reason. But you do. But you actually beleive that some Josh did loses games. What about what Marvin NEVER does. What about Marvin letting Prince drive to his left without trying to force him to his weak side and then letting him shoot an 8 footer in the lane without even putting up a hand. Or did you forget about that? Maybe the Hawks didn't want to foul him and put him on the line for the potential go ahead points. Maybe that is the situation the Hawks should have put the Pistons in by going to Smoove on the post instead of iso Joe.

Again what does Marvin have to do with this? But if you want to bring him up, how about the four 3's that he made to keep us in the game? I criticize EVERY player on this team, just like I praise EVERY player on this team based on a game by game basis so don't try and act like Marvin is some sacred cow to me when the truth is that Marvin the basketball player is among my least favorite players. Great strawman argument though champ!

Dont worry. You wont hear from me anymore.

My wife is the only litle b*tch I care to argue with this much.

Oh trust me I'm not worried and, that statement you made there pretty much sums you up in my book and with that I'm done discussing this with you.

Josh is better than Melo but I would quickly trade him for Melo. Melo is a half court, ball dominate player like Nique. Josh is Josh.