• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can I just say...........

Wretch

It's possible ... And I had forgotten about that. Last thing we need is to have this iuds confidence destroyed because it's obvious he's got big time scoring potential when he's being aggressive.

And do we really want to build the team around a prima donna who goes around criticising his teammates for shooting the ball, especially when they shoot as well or better than the complainer? (Plus they can hit their free throws)

Josh Smith isn't our best player. You're comparing a 6 time all star to a never allstar. It reminds me the sacramento fans nearly ten years ago when they had Stoja, Webber and Brad Miller. Half of them was convinced that Miller and Stoja were better than CWebb... By the way, Josh was 1-4 in the Fourth quarter while Joe was 2-3 before the shot.

Josh Smith isn't our best player. You're comparing a 6 time all star to a never allstar. It reminds me the sacramento fans nearly ten years ago when they had Stoja, Webber and Brad Miller. Half of them was convinced that Miller and Stoja were better than CWebb... By the way, Josh was 1-4 in the Fourth quarter while Joe was 2-3 before the shot.

Damn now we've got a CWebb protection force up in here? Lol

Really there were no great options last night since our half court offense was abysmal!

3 years ago Joe was our best player. Josh is right, the NBA Allstar crap is ALL political. You put too much weight into the "Allstar" designation. My Eyes tell me Josh is our best player. I am not comparing a 6 time allstar to a never allstar, I am comparing :

Joe 17.6 pts 3.7as .79 stls .24 blks 1.8 turnovers 16.6 PER

Josh 17.2 3.5 1.45 2.03 2.6 19.6

THIS YEARS STATS.

Stop living in the past guys. Joe is NOT our best player.

Here is exactly what the anonymous coaches meant when they said Smith could kill you or be your sixth man. In January he shot .479 in 18 games played...in February he shot .411 in 13 games played...now in March he is shooting .485 over his first five games.

Come April and its playoff time which Josh do we get? His playoff history suggest the .411 Josh.

Edited by Buzzard

I'd love to have Fretello back. I thought he should have gotten the gig when Woody was not retained. Mike would at least bring a fresh perspective to the team.

Re: last night. I agree with the idea that Joe and Josh are oil and water right now. The team just looked bad. Teague had no idea who to get the ball to at times.

The big problem is, who in their right mind would take Joe right now? Maybe Washington and we take back Lewis, but that is about it.

• Like 1

The big problem is, who in their right mind would take Joe right now? Maybe Washington and we take back Lewis, but that is about it.

Orlando would send us Hedo, filler, and a pick(s). Orlando gets JJ, we will be facing him and Howard for the next 3 to 5 years. That is a solid Batman and Robin rotation....one I would much rather see out West

Edited by Buzzard

Orlando would send us Hedo, filler, and a pick(s). Orlando gets JJ, we will be facing him and Howard for the next 3 to 5 years. That is a solid Batman and Robin rotation....one I would much rather see out West

Gah, that is even worse than getting Lewis. But, I suppose it does get us out of the contract...

Can any of us who lived through Konkack and cap-killing contract believe we're in the same damn position, AGAIN?

Gah, that is even worse than getting Lewis. But, I suppose it does get us out of the contract...

Can any of us who lived through Konkack and cap-killing contract believe we're in the same damn position, AGAIN?

I don't think its that bad. JJ can play, he is a all-star you know...Kack was longterm filler a lot like Lewis and Arenas were just two years ago.

JJ and his contract reminds me of Alan Houston and Michael Redd without the injuries.

Edited by Buzzard

I don't think that Koncak was as bad as Alan Henderson's was, but it's been so long that I've forgotten. I do remember both were pretty bad though.

• Moderators

Josh is our best overall player this season, but hasn't been our best offensive option. I don't know why his defense and rebounding would make anyone more prone to let him initiate the offense on the final shot. He is very rarely doubled and him going one-on-one from the outside isn't that exciting an option to me.

Running offense > iso JJ > give the ball to Josh and have him initiate

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think there was a salary cap when the Koncak signing was done.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think there was a salary cap when the Koncak signing was done.

I think you are right. This is funny. We set the record for highest paid rookie ( 1st million dollar a year player or rookie I think ) with Pistol Pete and then years later we made Kack a record offer. Now we are known for not spending money...go figure lol

Edited by Buzzard

You're right, 42% is awesome for a PF to shoot! Jeez do you Smoove lovers even check facts before you jump to defend him?

Its clear to me that you simply do not like josh smith as you will find any angle necessary to stroke your opinion. You will also defend the likes of one marvin williams with the same type of "stroking." I am sure you will have some lame refute for this that will double as a back handed compliment.