• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(Sigh) Joe Johnson

benhillboy

• Premium Member

Funny how Joe can go a month averaging 14 points on 39% shooting, but a stretch of 4 solid games (where the Hawks are 1-3) and all is well with the Joe Johnson fan club.

You realize if you just change the name to Josh Smith, all that you said (besides stats) are still true, don't you? People value 'monster' games (5-20 shooting, dumb jumpers, etc) from Josh more than solid games from Joe. SMH.

Fixed

Is that supposed to make me feel better about the poor play? He's already a guy who can't be what we need him to be at full health and now he has all these nagging issues with his body that only amplify his shortcomings.

You realize if you just change the name to Josh Smith, all that you said (besides stats) are still true, don't you? People value 'monster' games (5-20 shooting, dumb jumpers, etc) from Josh more than solid games from Joe. SMH.

What about ALL the games Josh had after that 5-20 game? Oh...

Anyway we are are 1-3 since Joe came back. Something isn't right.

Edited by PureGreatness

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I'm more critical of Josh than I am of Joe. And that second part is obviously false. Josh never catches a break unless he plays almost flawlessly. Joe can score a ho-hum 20 against the Bobcats and people throw a party.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I'm more critical of Josh than I am of Joe. And that second part is obviously false. Josh never catches a break unless he plays almost flawlessly. Joe can score a ho-hum 20 against the Bobcats and people throw a party.

Nobody is throwing a party about Joe's scoring. We were responding to Benhill's negativity to a player that I believe doesn't deserve that negativity. That doesn't mean that we are "throwing a party", we are just stating that Joe doesn't deserve this hate.

ah PER...the most overrated Stat in the NBA.

Overrated, arguably. I'm not one to dispute mathematics. Out of every All-Star, how can you be satisfied with him being the worst? Behind Roy Hibbert? Say what you will about the matrices and the numbers involved, no equation of analysis is full-proof or all-inclusive. But dead last of all All-Stars? That should tell you something. It's a pretty good indicator of what guys do with their minutes, and 9-10 times, the more minutes a player gets, the more efficient he should be. All of the main superstars in the league are mashed together in the top 25, and Josh is 33rd. That isnt some coincidence from some thrown together, arbitraty numbers. Joe is 84th, and everybody's alright with that with him making over 18 milli? Shooting .428? I'll never understand the satisfaction with him around here. Never. I would never call Nate Robinson a better overall player than Joe, but the fact of the matter is he does more with his minutes than Joe Johnson, and that is utterly pathetic. There are countless indicators that Joe is a flat out lazy player.

Edited by benhillboy

I don't care whether our SHOOTING GUARD gets 1 rebound or 50. His job is to score points and do it efficiently and to guard the opposing SG and to be a mentor/leader to the younger guys on the team, that's it.

Really? I saw Ronnie Brewer gather 3 tough offensive rebounds that were very timely and integral to the Bulls winning a 4 point game over the Heat without Rose. Keep fooling yourself if you think it's alright for a 240 pounder to show absolutely no effort at hitting the glass. Mentor to young guys? C'mon, Dol. I stopped smoking trees and drinking alcohol. You should too.

Edited by benhillboy