• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OUT-Hustled, OUT-Coached, OUT-Fanned

frankthetank966

We got our butt kicked Wednesday by the Bulls. We were out played by a team missing their #1 player. As a long-time Atlanta Hawks fan I left the arena very disappointed.The Hawks have advanced to the playoffs more times than any of local sports team in the past 6 years, yet they don't have any home town support. Wednesday night Philips turned into the Mad House. Going into the game we didn't have the support of the home town fans. Leaving the game the Bulls fans were chanting for Scalabrini. We got out hustled by a team that is less talented than us when they are missing D Rose. This is largely due to the fact that we were out coached. LD does not know how to motivate this team and his lineup changes do not make sense. For example, LD left Joe Johnson on the bench most of the 3rd quarter and for several minutes in the 4th quarter. JJ had 2 fouls. LD has never managed his time outs well, and Wednesday was another great example. The Hawks got the game within 4 points and then Chicago went on a 4-0 run. LD is sitting on his chair doing nothing. It wasn't until extended their lead to 14+ points that LD called a time out. Poor time out management. The lack of motivation isn't a full reflection on the players. They need a driver. LD is not going to drive this team, he will allow Josh or Joe to drive the team and then if something goes wrong Josh gets blamed. The fact of the matter is that there is too much talent on this roster to get embarrassed to a team like Chicago. Listen to LD's post-game interview. "Better job defending the Bulls in the 2nd half." What game are you watching? The Bulls spread the court and LD couldn't draw up a defense to adjust. Is anyone else as disappointed with LD as I am?

• Moderators

We got our butt kicked Wednesday by the Bulls. We were out played by a team missing their #1 player. As a long-time Atlanta Hawks fan I left the arena very disappointed.The Hawks have advanced to the playoffs more times than any of local sports team in the past 6 years, yet they don't have any home town support.Wednesday night Philips turned into the Mad House. Going into the game we didn't have the support of the home town fans. Leaving the game the Bulls fans were chanting for Scalabrini.We got out hustled by a team that is less talented than us when they are missing D Rose. This is largely due to the fact that we were out coached. LD does not know how to motivate this team and his lineup changes do not make sense. For example, LD left Joe Johnson on the bench most of the 3rd quarter and for several minutes in the 4th quarter. JJ had 2 fouls. LD has never managed his time outs well, and Wednesday was another great example. The Hawks got the game within 4 points and then Chicago went on a 4-0 run. LD is sitting on his chair doing nothing. It wasn't until extended their lead to 14+ points that LD called a time out. Poor time out management.The lack of motivation isn't a full reflection on the players. They need a driver. LD is not going to drive this team, he will allow Josh or Joe to drive the team and then if something goes wrong Josh gets blamed. The fact of the matter is that there is too much talent on this roster to get embarrassed to a team like Chicago.Listen to LD's post-game interview. "Better job defending the Bulls in the 2nd half." What game are you watching? The Bulls spread the court and LD couldn't draw up a defense to adjust.Is anyone else as disappointed with LD as I am?

I"m not but i admit i didn't see the whole Chicago game. I will say i've never followed a Hawks team where i was totally happy with any coach's substitutions and i think most fans feel that way. I think LD has done a good job. Fans have been calling for more Tmac but the guy is hurt and ineffective. Marvin and Green I don't think are 100%. Rad is out, Pargo is out, Horford is out of course. Its a skeleton crew playing 7 games in 9 days. Judging LD on the Chicago game isn't fair. Horford, Rad, Pargo, and Tmac are four key guys to this team.
  • Like 1

We got out hustled by a team that is less talented than us when they are missing D Rose.

This is just wrong. Three on Three....Boozer, Deng, and Noah are better than any three we can put together without Horford and they are damn close even with him. Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I will say this about the game.Chicago's shooters were on fire. They were hitting threes with hands in their faces.Chicago beat us up down low.I told you the other day what the game plan for Smoove is...If you're rough with Smoove... Physical.. for at least 1/2 of a qtr, he will spend the rest of the game trying to be Dirk.

• Premium Member

We have to get over our inferiority complex. So Knicks, Celtics, and Bulls fans chant witty one-liners. This the A! College football is king here.

We have to get over our inferiority complex.

No what we have to get over is thinking we have the makings of a great team. Everytime we play a contender is further proof we are not...we need to accept the facts and stop living in la la land.Lets get on and stay on the ASG's *ss until they one, make some big moves breaking this unchampionship core up and/or two they move the team to a owner who has the fortitude to do so....