4/5 matchup

EAambassador

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.htmlCurrently Boston is 4th right now...I feel good about our chances to make it out the first round if we finish fifth or sixth. Who would you rather face Boston or Orlando? I say Boston simply for revenge and to be the team to put their big 3 to rest.

Would love to see Zaza in another playoff series against KG, At least we'll have people watching because of how we played them previously. Imagine if we played phili or indy in the first? No one would watch nationally...

Ideally we play Orlando in 2nd round so we can get to ECFBoston then Orlando then Chicago is our best road to finals

Damn near impossible for that to happen. If we go into the playoffs as the 5th seed we'd likely play the Bulls in the 2nd round. If we go in as the 3/6 we'd likely face the Heat in the second. Outside of a 1st round matchup, the only other way to face the Magic is in the conference finals.

The only team in the East I think we cant beat in a series is the Heat other than them I think we can beat anyone in a series. If we got a fairly called game against Miami I think we can go 7 with them and hope Lebron chokes

Yeah, either indiana then Chicago or orlando then miamiOur odds are better vs Orlando than indiana but better against Chicago than MiamiSo I guess I'm rooting for us to pass boston and have hc advantage vs Indiana, especially if horford is back to dominate hibbert

The only way the Hawks can face indiana in the first round is if one or both pass orlando.Hawks passing the celtics is not enough, because the celtics (or philly) would still be a top 4 seed, and if orlando was ahead of the hawks and indiana, orlando would be 3, philly/celtics 4, hawks/indiana 5 and 6.

• Premium Member

I had a topic about the Eastern Conference Standings a couple of weeks ago. It's starting to get pretty interesting. I avoid checking the standings if the Hawks lost their last game and check them constantly when the Hawks are winning. Well, we lost our last game and have had a lot of time off since that loss so it's been a few days. I checked the standings today and was pretty shocked lol.Orlando has lost 4 in a row and are now the 5th seed. We are only trailing them by one game now and play them later this month.Indiana is now the third seed, and we trail them by 1.5 games (2 in the loss column). The good news with both Orlando and Indiana is that we own the head to head tie breaker. A first round match up with either of these teams would be ideal, especially if we can sneak in as the third seed and get home court.If we finish fifth, avoiding Philly seems pretty important, but I wouldn't mind facing Boston in a 4/5 matchup. If we do finish as the fifth seed, it is very important that we have a better record than the Atlantic winner as we would still get home court advantage. Looking at our schedule this month, we have some "easier" games too. 2 against Charlotte, 2 against Detroit, and 2 against the Raptors. After this weekend we get another 3 days off before going on the road to face Boston and Orlando. Also of note, we play our last 5 games of the year at home, and the final three are against NYK, LAC, and DAL. Depending on seeding for those teams, I could potentially see DAL (old) and NYK (locked into the 8th seed) resting some of their players.

Edited by cam1218