• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

if released, Hawks should pick up Sasser....

flava

and its not like Sasser has set the world on fire down in Orlando. He was cut despite the fact that his deal is guaranteed. IF we were to cut Hansen (or anyone else), I would hope it would be to make room for a big, physical inside presence (vice Ekezie) or a shooter. I don't think this team has enough shooters.

If you think we are lacking in shooting (I agree with you) then why would you even consider cutting Hansen? He is a good shooter, not great, but he is good and he has the potential to be a very solid Brent Barry type of player in this league with his athleticism and shooting skill. I agree that we could use an inside presence and if I did have to let anyone go it would be JV or CC.

1. i think we lack in ball-handling; therefore, sasser is an upgrade.

2. shooting is also a problem, but JT at SG eases the scoring burden.

3. hansen may be a good shooter, but i didn't think (granted, I haven't seen him play) that he is very athletic.

4. CC has value to this team. when he is healthy and playing well, he is an adequate backup.

5. sometimes players don't flourish in one system and do in another. sasser may fit a better role on a team like ATL.

for all of the above reasons, i thought hansen should be the first to go. also, his contract may be guaranteed, but he is a second round being paid the league minimum.

"I agree that we could use an inside presence and if I did have to let anyone go it would be JV or CC. "

We could not let JV go because if JT got hurt, we would have no one to handle the rock. I do not think Dickau or Diaw are reliable at the point.

Quite honestly, I do not know what to expect from CC. I used to have some hope for him before he was injured. He seemed to have a nice shot and he hit the boards some. But I do not think, even before he got hurt, he could be the inside presence we need.

I would not add another guard though. We need to focus on the teams current weaknesses, not on acquiring talent for talent's sake. GIVE ME A BIG MAN!!!!

In reply to:

how about Josh Howard, from the Mavs?

mavs didn't waive him did they? I read they really liked him.

Sasser has been quite the disappointment, he really struggles as a pg and frankly there are better sg's available out there.

What do you guys think about Trenton Hassell? I read chicago might waive him, he's a really good sg defender but his offense is lacking at times.

Brent Barry's (although he's nowhere near as good as Chapman was coming out of college). He doesn't have anywhere near the playmaking skill that Barry does. He's a DECENT shooter but that is certainly not his strength. His best assets are his athleticism, his strength and his hustle. He definitely won't fill the need for a shooter off the bench. If he's able to help us this year, it will be because of his hustle.

CC can't stay healthy but I don't think the Hawks will release him because of the 2 yrs and $6 million left on his deal. As for JV, I don't know why we signed him in the first place.

No, another point guard isn't the problem.

If we learned anything about ourselves through O.E. it's that this team is starved for an inside presence.

If you give up an easy basket, then have to take the ball out, the other team has time to set up it's defense..ie..turnovers from the press.

But rebound the ball and create a physical presence inside and you instead create more fast break opportunities (easy baskets) and make for less traffic to dribble through and less time for the defense to set up.

There are still some quality "BODIES" out there. Kemp, Alvin Jones, Jason Collier when the T'wolves cut him and potentially Stanley Roberts (currently in Toronto but something could be worked there too!). There are more, no one great but many bruising rebounders just the same.

All I'm saying is it's hard to play point when you're always receiving the ball on the inbounds with 2 defenders in your jock up and down the floor.