• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

start josh at center and Tmac at pf

timdawg777

• Premium Member

This is the recipe for creating offense while playing good D.

I don't think that will work defensively as neither Smith or McGrady can guard KG in the post and that's exactly where the Celtics go when they put T-Mac or Josh on him. Also, neither matches up well with Steisma.

• Premium Member

I am not saying to play tmac the entire game. Also, I think josh can do a good job on kg. Also, josh playing down low would force kg to pay him more attention rather than helping on others.

Josh can't guard KG on the low block without a double and he struggles to score on him as well. KG is a bad matchup for Josh. He simply isn't big enough. There's a reason Josh has gone all perimeter this series and KG is that reason. Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

Crawlins and Damper were such a liability last night. I can't wait til we have new backup 5's next year.

Some truth to that, but those guys are true 5s, not a 4 being forced to masquerade as one. In addition, those guys were able to defend KG straight up without a double and had the size to effectively box out most times even if they didn't get the rebound. I not only hope for a new backup 5 next year, but also a new starting one and more size at the 4. Say what you will about Collins and Damp, but I hope whomever replaces them are true 5s like them. Edited by Jody23

I don't think they will start T-Mac there, he would be better at the 2 or 3 if he does start, but I think for some stretches they could do this. I used to be a Rockets fan and even Jeff Van Gundy said last night they put Mac on Dirk in the 2005 playoffs during stretches of the game that worked out well and I think McGrady knows some of KG's moves, but obviously I'm not saying he should be on him the entire game. It might be worth a shot though, especially on offense I can see him getting some easy shots for Josh near the basket, he may have lost his athleticism, but he's still a very good passer