• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf + Smoove don't mix?

Diesel

Last game is a perfect exampleSmith put up 15/13/5/1 so looks like an all-star but everyone watching knows he was part of why Boston got the big lead and made the last few quarters irrelevantI'm not a hater; I just am realistic and call it like I see it and after so many years of this I'm ready for consistencyWe also now have a strong defensive team at all positions unlike before with matadors harrington, craw and bibby so smooves awesome help defense isn't quite as important as it once wasIf he would play inside and with consistency then i wouldn't trade him for more than a handful of players, but I'm no longer so optimistic that this will happen after so many years and hopes raised then shattered

• Like 1

I'm a smoove fan; he's my 4th fave hawk...I'm just not blinded by himJoe is who teams plan for and double/triple team; josh is who they sag off of hoping he hits a jumper so he will keep shootingYour anecdote about what NBA players say goes against all reports from teams, reporters, coaches, gms, players, etcI do agree that smoove would be feared and an MVP if he would pass the ball in the backcourt and stayed inside where he does damage on offenseSmoove has the tools to be a top 5 player and a triple double machine but doesn't have the discipline or self awareness or whatever it is that prevents him from being that player and instead wants to piss off teammates, coaches, gms, owners and fans with his shooting....it's baffling and such a sad waste of talentHe coulda been better than nique if he only had more discipline rather than the worst case of confirmation bias I've ever seen

The thing is, I am a fan of Josh but I just can't stand watching dumb basketball. Josh may or may not be our best player, but he is our most impactful player on both ends of the floor and unfortunately too many times as impactful as he is when he is good he is just as impactful when he is bad. We all see the player Josh can be and want him to become (points,rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, u name it) but he is his own worst enemy, i am rooting for him to be the "Good Josh" because it means it's better for the team.

If he was good josh for the next 12-14 games then we would be in the finals this yearAlso, I have never seen anyone say smoove is a 6th man and that makes no senseThey said he was the opponents 6th man...in other words, many games he helps the opposing team more than the hawksHe is definitely a starter, not a 6th man

Last game is a perfect exampleSmith put up 15/13/5/1 so looks like an all-star but everyone watching knows he was part of why Boston got the big lead and made the last few quarters irrelevantI'm not a hater; I just am realistic and call it like I see it and after so many years of this I'm ready for consistencyWe also now have a strong defensive team at all positions unlike before with matadors harrington, craw and bibby so smooves awesome help defense isn't quite as important as it once wasIf he would play inside and with consistency then i wouldn't trade him for more than a handful of players, but I'm no longer so optimistic that this will happen after so many years and hopes raised then shattered

So playoff Pierce and playoff Rondo didn't have anything for the 30 point lead?? Shut the hell up. Josh nor Al would be playing if this was the regular season. It is what it is though, Smith will always be privy to the jumpshot. But to say the combo of PP and RR (44 and 16 assists 3 tos) vs. JJ and JT (16 and 6 assists 5 tos) was not mentioned as the true factor for the big loss makes me wonder about this forum....

Because I watched the game and understand cause and effectOur turnovers and long bombs were what caused the blowout in first quarter...players tend to get hot when things go their way and the other team turns it over a bunch and takes bad long shots that give them long rebounds and an opportunity to runThey scored over 11 points on our first quarter turnovers alonePossessions aren't played in a vacuum

• Like 1

"Because I watched the game".I along with most people I know have the game on DVR. You act like I can't go watch it as many times as I want. Pierce was incredible and Rondo was knocking several 20 footers and a couple 3s. Along with his penetration and 16 assists, I don't see how the Hawks win that game anyway. The perimeter defense is piss poor. Teague and his defense has alot to be desired and Joe might as well have cement boots on out there.

• Moderators

It is what it is though, Smith will always be privy to the jumpshot.

I don't think he would be if he was playing with Kobe, KG, etc. I think that is the attitude our coach's have taken (oh well, those shots stink but if I try to improve Josh through tough love then I might not survive the friction so I will just let him have them) and it has been a mistake.It is without a doubt the worst aspect of LD's job performance as Hawks' coach that he took a Josh who had all but eliminated the 3's and set him loose to give opposing defenses exactly what they want. It is a disservice to Josh and the team.
  • Like 1

I would honestly just blow it up and build around Josh. I like Al, but he just isn't as good as Josh. Josh is better all-around, and is a much more exciting player. We can get good draft picks by trading Al and Joe. (If someone wants Joe's contract).

And we all know exciting = wins.

Just my 2 cents. I don't think it is fair to say we are worse with both Horf and Smoove given that we haven't seen them play together much this year. They looked great in the first few games this year when Horf was still in. I think the reason why our record was so good this year with Horford out is because we finally have a decent bench and a starting PG who can defend.Look at this game against the Bulls. Smoove put up great numbers and so did Horford in just 24 minutes.http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320107001Go back and look at earlier box scores... this team was rolling at full strength really misses Horford. It is even more obvious with Zaza out now that we have to play our 3rd string center.