• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nash or Bust?

Guest Walter

Nash is not going to accept a MLE offer from Atlanta... unless were to bring in D'Antoni as coach and then maybe. I'm not sure its worth hiring him as coach just to take that chance.

That's the biggest issue. I don't want to trade Marvin. But if trading Marvin to a team with cap like Cleveland for a future 1st rounder than I am all for this if it gives us a chance at one of these three key free agents especially someone like Nash.

I think having a Nash level point guard in Atlanta would help demonstrate how good this core can be and thus help lay out the future for who is part of this francise's future. One thing we have lacked in Atlanta for many years is a solid point guard and Nash, even at his age, would bring out the best in all the players on this team. If you still couldn't get the job done with him running the show, then it is a clear verdict that you cannot succeed at this level. Just look at Boston. We were beat by a team of injured and old vets, but they had a young and dynamic point guard helping them. Nash would do wonders to help this franchise really know where it stands.

Eddie, Nash is a beast offensively. He made Gortat who was a backup center as overall good as Zaza into a top 10 center in the NBA. Just imagine him playing with a High BBIQ best PnR PF in the NBA in Horford. Edited by nbasuperstar40

I would love to have Nash here. He could teach Teague. You can keep Mayo though. He is sucking big in the playoffs just another disappointing lottery pick

This Nash stuff has to stop. The only MVP to never, and will never, reach the Finals? Is that a coincidence? Hell No!!!!! There are maybe forty guards in the league (except for Teague) who have trashed Nash in a big, career game type win. Wonderful offensive player, of course. Legendary handle, shot, IQ, passing skill mastery, the whole nine. None of that matters. DAntoni isn't smart enough to know how important defense is, but ask Alvin Gentry to a man if he's worried about Nash leaving and I'm sure he won't be. He's one of the worst defenders in modern basketball. I'm sure a stat head could come up with some deep opposing PG numbers with Nash on the floor over the last 10 years and it would be absolutely dreadful. Luckily, the PGs in our division dont scare anyone for sure, but there are still too many quality, athletic PGs in the league who devour Nash off the dribble. Have you all ever seen his substitution patterns and times when he sits? It's a juggling act for the coach every night to maximize his facilitation while minimizing his ill-effect on the entire defense. He's going to Miami where he can be hid on defense the best. Look at the Game 6 loss while remembering the Great Bill Russell quote "rebounding wins championships" and how Drew wanted everyone hitting the glass. Sure, Nash could've outrebounded Joe, he maybe could've had 2. If Nash comes here, our points allowed would shoot up 10 points immediately from last year, and we damn sure wouldn't increase our Points scored by 10. NO NASH!!!!!! (not like he'd actually consider coming here anyway)

There is nothing fantasy of what Mayo is. He is a high usage, high volume, ball dominate, combo guard who needs a lot of shots to be effective as a player. He is either a #1 option and a PG or he doesn't start at all.

Then he would be a horrible for for here...smoove would complain about his touches and make sure he doesn't get high usageWe already have jj/smoove/horford who need touches...If we had the right coach or a vet guard to keep smoove in line then he'd take less bad shots, but we would still go to him in the paint thenMayo is not the kind of guy who can put smoove in his place and force him to play the right way...Nash/deron are; not sure why you put mayo in the same grouping with those 2

I will toss Andre Miller out there as another name. Not a great shooter though.

Andre would be fantastic as he's still a quality defender and gets his teammates lots of easy baskets. I doubt that the Nuggets will let him go though.

Andre would be fantastic as he's still a quality defender and gets his teammates lots of easy baskets. I doubt that the Nuggets will let him go though.

but he said he want to start this aint gonna happen in Denver

Mayo is not a bench warmer, if you actually watch the Grizzlies play. And he is better than Teague (and I am a huge fan of Teague). Mayo is a great player in a not-so-great situation for him. He could start for us at the 1 or 2, with Joe moving to the 3.

Mayo is not a bench warmer, if you actually watch the Grizzlies play. And he is better than Teague (and I am a huge fan of Teague). Mayo is a great player in a not-so-great situation for him. He could start for us at the 1 or 2, with Joe moving to the 3.

This is more fantasy talk as he's going to get a contract for 10 million average at least plus he's a restricted FA so the Grizz could match or force us to trade for him. He's a good player but not the natural PG that we really need.

This is more fantasy talk as he's going to get a contract for 10 million average at least plus he's a restricted FA so the Grizz could match or force us to trade for him. He's a good player but not the natural PG that we really need.

Dolfan, I agree with you to a degree. I don't think Mayo will cost as much but he could be too expensive for Atlanta as it is.

I really hope all those who love mayo are watching this game 7.

They really aren't playing though him or anyone outside of Z-Bo or Gasol.

• Premium Member

Dolfan, I agree with you to a degree. I don't think Mayo will cost as much but he could be too expensive for Atlanta as it is.They really aren't playing though him or anyone outside of Z-Bo or Gasol.

Because he's blowing the play every time he touches the ball.

Because he's blowing the play every time he touches the ball.

No, I didn't see that and I was watching the game. It was hell for both teams to get their shot off regardless of the player.I will say this, he didn't look good today at all. He looks bad on offense. Really had trouble getting the shot he wanted. Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

No, I didn't see that and I was watching the game. It was hell for both teams to get their shot off regardless of the player.

So, you're telling me his 1-11 and 2 assists in 24 minutes is because he didn't get enough touches? Give me a freakin break. You can't even just admit he had a horrible game.

So, you're telling me his 1-11 and 2 assists in 24 minutes is because he didn't get enough touches? Give me a freakin break. You can't even just admit he had a horrible game.

Read my post again.

With Andre Miller he not really a playmaker. He can't turn Al into a #1 option. We would still have #1 option issues. Miller is a solid PG but there is a reason why Lawson is the starter and an upper mid tier PG becoming even more in the future.

Nice edit.

You posted too fast. I was editing it at the time. Edited by nbasuperstar40