• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mean what you say

LucastheThird

I wish some of our guys would take pay cuts and restructure their contracts like some of our Falcons have done recently. You say you want to win, but you are raping the payroll (it was given to them yes...but my point still stands). If you really want to win, give up 2-4 million and see what happens. Just said that and have no knowledge on if NBA players can restructure their contracts. Could someone more CBA knowledgeable help me out?

• Premium Member

The CBA doesn't allow for restructuring.This brings an interesting question.In all the major sports, whoose CBA is better? Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey.I will go out on my limb and say the NBA. I hate how in Football a team can write up a deal and if it's not guaranteed, it doesn't mean anything. I think the NBA has a system where there is no turning back. It makes contract negotiations a part of the sport also. I also like a Hard cap or something close to it. I hate when teams in baseball can buy a championship.

• Premium Member

The CBA doesn't allow for restructuring.This brings an interesting question.In all the major sports, whoose CBA is better? Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey.I will go out on my limb and say the NBA. I hate how in Football a team can write up a deal and if it's not guaranteed, it doesn't mean anything. I think the NBA has a system where there is no turning back. It makes contract negotiations a part of the sport also. I also like a Hard cap or something close to it. I hate when teams in baseball can buy a championship.

MLB is best for the playersNFL is best for owners

The NBA is somewhere in the middle.