• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Fratello: "Joe Johnson is a star." (audio)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/2446/Mike Fratello 4-11-12 WEB.mp3found this in the archives from 4/11/12. Since he's on everyone shortlist I thought it would be nice post some of his recent Hawks related comments.

• Premium Member

I don't expect ASG to offer him the job but I'm sure he would at least interview for the job of head coach of the Hawks if it were available. He and Jeff Van Gundy are two of the good coaches i've noticed to appreciate the Hawks potential.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't expect ASG to offer him the job but I'm sure he would at least interview for the job of head coach of the Hawks if it were available. He and Jeff Van Gundy are two of the good coaches i've noticed to appreciate the Hawks potential.

.Either one would be a fine coach in Atlanta and would be an improvement over what has been here recently. I liked Woodson and I like Drew, I just don't want them as my HC. Van Gundy would be interesting in Atlanta, especially if Orlando keeps his brother. Could end up like the Harbaugh brothers in the NFL. Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

You guys think wayyy to highly of other coaches or too low of Drew. He isn't my cup of tea but these guys aren't clear upgrades either. You don't fire a man who has been successful unless you have a CLEAR upgrade.

• Premium Member

I think we think of Drew as one of the league's better assistant coaches. Not Head Coaching material. He hasn't done anything yet to show that he can break the team of old habits, not sure the team respects him as the "Head Coach" rather he is one of the familiar faces more like a brother than a father so to speak.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think we think of Drew as one of the league's better assistant coaches. Not Head Coaching material. He hasn't done anything yet to show that he can break the team of old habits, not sure the team respects him as the "Head Coach" rather he is one of the familiar faces more like a brother than a father so to speak.

.and this is my biggest problem with Drew. He just doesn't seem like a leader. He doesn't make adjustments, he doesn't have a system, and he doesn't have a voice on this team. He is a great assistant coach, but the HC needs to be someone that the players want to play for and are willing to play his way. The HC needs to be someone who has a plan on offense and defense and can make those crucial adjustsments. We need a coach that doesn't just send guys out on the floor and let them freewheel to get something done. We need a guy that will play players to their advantages, not to there disadvantages. A guy that will put Horford at 4, Marvin on the bench, and tell Joe that he is not an ISO player and teach him to use his teammates.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not buying this one. If he held players accountable Josh would not be taking 20ft jumpers.

What's the issue? Everyone else on the team is j-crazy. Why should Josh be left out of all the jumper madness?