• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic thinks Lakers should trade for Josh

Brotha2ThaNite

My reallistic hopes with the return on Josh Smith:1. A lottery pick between 5 - 7 even if we have to take back a trashy contract as long as it is no longer then 2 years. (I think Portland and Golden State are our best chance)If no lottery team with pick #7, or better, want to risk their lottery pick on a possible 1 year rental then I move on to talking with the Lakers and Rockets.2. (Pau Gasol / small cap filler and the Lakers) pick for (Josh and Marvin)3. (Pau Gasol / small cap filler) for (Josh and Marvin)4. (Kevin Martin and pick #14 to Hawks ) for ( Josh Smith to Lakers ) (Pau Gasol to Rockets)I wish there was a way to get Al Jefferson. I cannot picture Smith playing in Utah but there were reports last year on draft night that the Jazz may tade their pick (Kanter) for Josh Smith. Was it the #3 pick ? Of course Josh had 2 seasons under contract at that time.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Except for the age thing...I think Pau is a much better fit here then Josh

yeah Pau already has that, "I don't care about winning" attitude. Should fit in nicely with this bunch.

Two things. First, no team is going to trade valuable assets for what they know will be a rental. So, unless you can make it a three team deal, you are not likely to get a high draft pick from the likes of the Wizards, Hornets etc... secondly, Josh now has some leverage. If he gets wind the Hawks are talking trade with a team he doesn't like, unless you can get a third team involved that he does like, a deal won't happen. This is what happens when you sit on your hands with the status quo instead of addressing the issues.

So true.The only lottery teams I see taking a chance on Smith are Portland and Golden State. I could see the Rockets getting involved in a 3 way if it nets them Pau Gasol. McHale wants to coach Gasol in the worst way and respects his game.Once the lottery comes we will finally know who is picking where. Edited by coachx

I didn't see what he said, but I'm sure it was eloquently insane.

Oops. On further review it appears Artest's comments were in jest. (He referred to Brown as a "fat a$$"). In context it was funny. Edited by Watchman

yeah Pau already has that, "I don't care about winning" attitude. Should fit in nicely with this bunch.

If that's Pau's attitude, then yes, it would be pretty much the same as Josh's attitude. Edited by Watchman

I like Gasol, but his age and total inability and refusal to play with more of his body just turns me off. He's all hands and feet down in the post, and I'd enjoy watching that as much as Joe tip-toeing around the lane for floaters or Josh shooting an inch in front of the three point line.

Edited by benhillboy

I like Gasol, but his age and total inability and refusal to play with more of his body just turns me off. He's all hands and feet down in the post, and I'd enjoy watching that as much as Joe tip-toeing around the lane for floaters.

He's already posted numerous double double seasons in his career, something Smith has yet to accomplish.

2 years of Gasol > 1 year of Smith

Gasol has three consecutive years with the Lakers where he has averaged a double double (with rebounds well over 10 per game), whereas Smith hasn't managed one season of double doubles playing on the Hawks, a team desperate for rebounding.

• Premium Member

Gasol has three consecutive years with the Lakers where he has averaged a double double (with rebounds well over 10 per game), whereas Smith hasn't managed one season of double doubles playing on the Hawks, a team desperate for rebounding.

So we're making trades based on past performances? How's that working out for the JJ signing? Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

So we're making trades based on past performances? How's that working out for the JJ signing?

So you suggest we keep Josh based on future performances. How do you do that see in the future thing? I heard LSD and Peyote was illegal. Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

My reallistic hopes with the return on Josh Smith:

1. A lottery pick between 5 - 7 even if we have to take back a trashy contract as long as it is no longer then 2 years. (I think Portland and Golden State are our best chance)

If no lottery team with pick #7, or better, want to risk their lottery pick on a possible 1 year rental then I move on to talking with the Lakers and Rockets.

2. (Pau Gasol / small cap filler and the Lakers) pick for (Josh and Marvin)

3. (Pau Gasol / small cap filler) for (Josh and Marvin)

4. (Kevin Martin and pick #14 to Hawks ) for ( Josh Smith to Lakers ) (Pau Gasol to Rockets)

I wish there was a way to get Al Jefferson. I cannot picture Smith playing in Utah but there were reports last year on draft night that the Jazz may tade their pick (Kanter) for Josh Smith. Was it the #3 pick ? Of course Josh had 2 seasons under contract at that time.

I laugh at the thought of this ownership getting more draft picks…. YEAH! WE GOT ANOTHER PICK WE CAN SELL FOR MONEY. LOL
  • Like 1

So we're making trades based on past performances? How's that working out for the JJ signing?

Ok, then. Let's by all means keep Smith at all costs. We'll have many years of bricks to look forward to. More early playoff exits, if we happen to be lucky enough to get there in the first place. Just don't give us any more of these complaints about maintaining mediocrity. If we keep Smith, we are destined to continue it.

• Premium Member

Josh for Pau would be Nique-Manning part deux. Not worth it even if it mean getting rid of Marvin. Last thing this team needs is another soft player.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Ok, then. Let's by all means keep Smith at all costs. We'll have many years of bricks to look forward to. More early playoff exits, if we happen to be lucky enough to get there in the first place. Just don't give us any more of these complaints about maintaining mediocrity. If we keep Smith, we are destined to continue it.

This is pretty much it. Our star is medicore. No all-star games, no defensive player of the year awards, just a star because a few fans here and himself, but nowhere else, see him that way.Lets max him out and we can have JJ and Smoove leading us to a 7th or 8th seed for the next five years. Sounds like a Hawks plan to me!

• Premium Member

Couldn't possibly be any softer than Mr. Three Pointer.

If you say so. Think about this though. Kobe and Phil couldn't light a fire in Gasol. Now if those two failed to get the guy to give ~75% what in the world do you expect from church mouse Larry Drew? Larry Drew, Joe Johnson and Gasol would be a match made in nonchalant hell. Edited by NineOhTheRino