• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody else hate the easy path to the Finals for Miami?

AHF

• Moderators

Reason 4) he, Wade, and Bosh cheated to put that team together. They had been talking about it for a LONG time, including a "what if" scenario they thought about during the 2008 Olympics. Bosh even admitting to saying they had been talking about it for "months" prior to the offseason. This was not done during the free agent season, this was done while all three were under contract. They manipulated the system to create this team for all the wrong reasons. Chiefly, because they thought it would be "easy."Reason 5) that team and the way it was built, is not good for the NBA. No, it is not the same as Boston unloading all of their young talent for 2 aging vets. It is also not the same as Malone following Kobe and Shaq, chasing a ring at the twilight of his career. Even though that was ridiculous as well. If all of the talented players in the league decide to just take less money and pile up on 2 or 3 teams to "win a ring", then they should just do away with the rest of the league.I know that NBA is not something I would want to watch. f*** LeBron. Straight up. He is a tremendous talent and really deserves a better legacy than this. But his character has shown through. Every player deserves to play where they want. I take no issue with free agents. But if they want my respect as a fan, they're going to have to do better than this childish nonsense they put together in Miami.Would I be happy if he signed here? Probably. But would the same people making those kinds of points be mad when he left....if they grew up in Cleveland?

I am not quoting the whole post but props for that well-written post. It has my 100% support.

• Moderators

Not a Miami HATE post, but does anyone else despise 2-3-2 format as I do?I get it that the league doesn't want a whole lot of back-and-forth travel. But 2-2-1-1-1 gives me much more intrigue when it comes down to the wrestling for homecourt advantage.~lw3

Boohoo.........Lebron and the Heat won....they got together to win a championship and they did. People who hate them for doing what Cleveland and Toronto management were unable to do are silly to me.....the game is about championships. Barkley, Malone, Ewing would give their left testicle to have one.

• Premium Member

As far as the guy who says all that matters is he has a ring, does that make him less of a narcissistic ego maniac dirtbag? Does it matter that the refs took 2 games away from OKC in the finals and his ring was handed to him?

I was being sarcastic. Read the post above that... I wrote that too. LeBron is an arrogant tool. I'll say I again. I take no issue with free agents. And anybody can play where ever they want. If you want my respect as a fan, don't conspire with two of the best players in the league to take the easy route. LeBron's ring means nothing to me.He's not a bad person. He's just an arrogant ass looking for the easy way to get a ring.

• Premium Member

Some people just have a difficult time looking at things from an objective, let alone opposing, perspective. When you enter a gray area, it's even more of a lost cause. There's so much shady gray in the way this "Big 3" was built, that this thing is likely to go around and around in circles forever. I'm not very fond of pointless discussion, so I'm going to bow out of it. Before I leave this discussion, I want to add just a little more light on my perspective of the whole thing.Players have every right to play where they want to. I believe in that. It sucks when a free agent doesn't want to come here or when we lose a guy. It sucks when they make decisions that are going to make our path even harder. That's sports though and at the end of the day, you just get over that sort of thing. Does anyone here care that Danny Manning left us? I know I don't. I didn't wish him any ill will and still don't. He did what he needed to do for his career. Players do that all the time. What I take issue with is the mentality in putting this Heat team together. I don't blame Karl Malone for joining the Lakers, trying to win a ring. But even if he had won it all with them, what would it have meant? To me? Nothing. I wouldn't have cemented his legacy or tarnished his image. That ring wouldn't have changed my opinion of Karl Malone one bit. I remember him battling with Rodman. I remember one of the best power forwards to ever play. I think it was cheesy of him to ride on Kobe and Shaq's coat tail and the ring he would have won....would have been nothing more than a showpiece. "I was there...." Nothing more. Nothing less.That is what LeBron's championship is to me. Just something to signify that he was there. He earned it. The team played outstanding. I do believe there was some questionable reffing going on, but OKC put themselves in that hole...and played like a young, clueless team. But, the Heat won. Take nothing away from their victory.What did he accomplish?Nothing. If you take the best player in the league and pair him up with one of the top 5 players in the game and one of the best big men in the game, you're going to win. Especially if you gut your team, give away any young pieces that are holding your salary cap down, and take less money to team up. If the NBA goes that way, I will stop watching completely. This is not a team that put together smart drafting, coaching, and veterans. This is 3 guys that conspired to take the easy route to a win. They got it. Congrats to them. LeBron is still an ass and his "team" doesn't impress me.

I was being sarcastic. Read the post above that... I wrote that too. LeBron is an arrogant tool.I'll say I again. I take no issue with free agents. And anybody can play where ever they want. If you want my respect as a fan, don't conspire with two of the best players in the league to take the easy route. LeBron's ring means nothing to me.He's not a bad person. He's just an arrogant ass looking for the easy way to get a ring.

Sorry man, you had some great post and I agree. I should have realized that one post was sarcastic but there are alot of Lebron nut huggers out there that post things like that and mean it. Again sorry.

I personally think there's never been an easy NBA championship win, but hey. The supporting cast in Miami is well below average. Gotta give the "Big 3" their due if they get it done. At 30 and 10 not to mention plenty of the other 3 columns, shooting over 50%, beasting the post, guarding the other teams' best threat when on the floor together at all times, I can't see why the kid is so hated. If he up and said he'd love to play in Atlanta, we'd have 1,000 posts in an hour.

I am dead serious when I say that I can put up with the fact that the Hawks most likely will never win a title in my lifetime but I will still be a fan. However I could never root for Lebron so if we traded Ivan Johnson for him tomorrow I would pretend the team didnt exist until he was off it.

I just hate the superstar treatment. I don't care for LeBron, and he is very talented. I just wonder how much of a star he would be if he were treated like Marvin Williams by the Refs. Its getting increasingly frustrating to see players and teams have the advantage of the zebras working for them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just hate the superstar treatment. I don't care for LeBron, and he is very talented. I just wonder how much of a star he would be if he were treated like Marvin Williams by the Refs. Its getting increasingly frustrating to see players and teams have the advantage of the zebras working for them.

I have no doubt he would still be a huge star if treated like Marvin Williams but he might not be a champion. If Miami loses that Game 3 against Boston that refs gave to them, they might have been home in the ECF. I 100% agree that the ref advantage is blatant, predictable, and offensive. There is no major sport where it plays such a big role in who wins and loses, IMO.