• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SUMMER DRAFT SIGNUP PAGE

AHF

• Admin

Can we lottery for selections instead of order of signup?I'd gladly host a "live stream" of the lottery process so everyone would know it wasn't rigged.

It will be random but I am sure whoever does the pulling out of a hat won't rig it

• Moderators

AHF

CoachX

Mutombolievable

Alejandro09

PSSSHHHRRR87

Diesel

LethalWeapon3

Supporter

Capstone21

Nicholasp27

sultanofatl

jy23

Dolfan

Devon

Buzzard

(Just a list of participants as we go along - not the draft order. I will randomize that using two independent posters.)

Fingers crossed for a top-5 then!!!...And with the #1 pick Devon's super squad does NOT select LeBron James.

I will gladly build my team around one of the last five picks in the 1st along with a top five 2nd round pick....

• Moderators

AHF

CoachX

Mutombolievable

Alejandro09

PSSSHHHRRR87

Diesel

LethalWeapon3

Supporter

Capstone21

Nicholasp27

sultanofatl

jy23

Dolfan

Devon

Buzzard

Hustler

(Just a list of participants as we go along - not the draft order. I will randomize that using two independent posters.)

• Moderators

So since I didn't play last year, how do you know who wins? Or is that even the point of this thing? Sorry for the potentially dumb question but I kinda kept out of the lockout draft thread since I wasn't involved.

No real "winner" or "loser" just the fun of the process and lots of debate, comments, etc. It is more a discussion exercise with the fun of being able to pull the trigger on your picks and put together your vision for a team. Some people went with teams to peak in 4 years, some with vets to win "now", etc.There was voting on teams at the end and then a revisiting of it after this season where we all marveled at poor Diesel's team of "2011-12's least healthy players." Edited by AHF

No real "winner" or "loser" just the fun of the process and lots of debate, comments, etc. It is more a discussion exercise with the fun of being able to pull the trigger on your picks and put together your vision for a team. Some people went with teams to peak in 4 years, some with vets to win "now", etc.There was voting on teams at the end and then a revisiting of it after this season where we all marveled at poor Diesel's team of "2011-12's least healthy players."

Ahh I see... are trades allowed? Either before, during or after the draft?And that's pretty funny about poor D.

• Moderators

Ahh I see... are trades allowed? Either before, during or after the draft?

There is nothing to trade before the draft (you are drafting everyone so players like Dwight, Lebron, etc. in the first round) and we haven't done any trading after the draft but people are welcome to do it during the draft. If you grab Dwight in round 1 and then Bynum in round 2 and want to trade with someone, you are welcome to do it. That just gets a bit challenging because you are building your team around your picks and so people rarely have a ton of excess talent in any given spot relative to the rest of the league.

There is nothing to trade before the draft (you are drafting everyone so players like Dwight, Lebron, etc. in the first round) and we haven't done any trading after the draft but people are welcome to do it during the draft. If you grab Dwight in round 1 and then Bynum in round 2 and want to trade with someone, you are welcome to do it. That just gets a bit challenging because you are building your team around your picks and so people rarely have a ton of excess talent in any given spot relative to the rest of the league.

Well there's an established draft order right? So let's say I pick #1 in round round and last in round 2. Could I trade my #1 pick to the guy who picks last in round 1 and first in round 2 for those picks?

• Moderators

Well there's an established draft order right? So let's say I pick #1 in round round and last in round 2. Could I trade my #1 pick to the guy who picks last in round 1 and first in round 2 for those picks?

You would have to balance out the picks, but you could trade your #1 pick and your #5 pick for someone else's #1 and #2 for example. (Everyone needs to fill the same number of roster spots and the 1 coaching slot so we don't do trades that are unbalanced as far as the roster #s.)

You would have to balance out the picks, but you could trade your #1 pick and your #5 pick for someone else's #1 and #2 for example. (Everyone needs to fill the same number of roster spots and the 1 coaching slot so we don't do trades that are unbalanced as far as the roster #s.)

Gotcha ... but there's no "draft value chart" like the old school Jimmy Johnson NFL chart right? As in the #1 overall is worth 100 points while my 5th rounder might be worth 5 points and someone else's #1 and #2 might equal 100 or more or less points. And there's no league / commissioner approval for trades either right? So basically I could trade OJ Mayo late and trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder from Joker and that's legal?Speaking of Joker... don't tell me that you're not going to throw your hat into the ring here?

• Admin

Speaking of Joker... don't tell me that you're not going to throw your hat into the ring here?

With the number 1 pick ... Joker takes Hold the Mayo...Superstar all world 'point guard' :) Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1