Troy Hudson

Stephen Marbury

Jamal Crawford

Steve Nash

Steve Francis

Andre Miller

He tied with the likes of Baron Davis and Mike Bibby

on a passer rating....Jason Williams and John Stockton

were the top passers according to these stats.

http://82games.com/teams.htm

Go to 82games.com for more stats...

• Admin

I'm not going to hype JT any more than he deserves. But he's certainly better than 18th in the league. How did you go about figuring him to be 18th? I didn't see any such breakdown on their site.

He's better than Crawford, Tinsley, Alvin Williams, Arenas, Stoudamire, Hudson, Snow and Williams.

Wherever Stephon Marbury is on that list, JT should be in the spot immediatly below him. He's easily in the top 10. Guys like Parker and Nash don't deserve to be considered great PG's because apart from their scoring ability, they are doing what any half-rate PG in this league could do. Bring the ball up, pass it to one of his big scorers and start moving.

You can't put a lot of stock in these formulaic rating systems. They always skew the actual results, sometimes to the good, sometimes to the bad.

When it comes right down to the basics, being 18th.

in the league as a point guard, simply means that there

are seventeen other point guards in the N.B.A. that you

would be willing to trade Jason Terry for. The higher up

the list, the more you would be willing to pay, as in cash

or another player, in order to make the trade work.

Are you really sure that there are 17 other point guards

that you would rather have than J.T. ?

Remember, you have to consider age, experience, ability

and salary, among other things like leadership and the

value of the player personally to the city and the

community at large.

Apparently, if there are 17 other PG'S more valueable than

our own J.T., there must be some great ones!!

My eyes start bleeding when I see the Grizz, sorry. I think it's the strange divots in Battier's scalp that I find so repugnant. Good to hear that Jason Williams has toned it down.. wasn't he always Jerry West's boy?

• Premium Member

I don't want to seem like I'm a Terry Hater, however, those stats are very misleading and that's across the board. I mean, seriously what are you measuring... The players value to the team? I think not. What you are really measuring in most of those stats is that player vs. his backup... What I suggest is that in most of those cases, those players have backups who only come in to tow the line.

For instance. Measuring the Nets production when Kidd is on the floor vs. when he's off the floor is really measuring the team's performance with Kidd and with Anthony Johnson. I like some of AJ's game but truthfully, AJ only comes in to hold a lead or to keep his team in contention into Kidd comes back. So what that means is that yes, Kidd will seem more valueable.

With JT, it's somewhat the same. IN fact, his backup is Dickau for most of the year. What that means is that Dickau comes in and alot of times simply because of subbing pattern, Dickau comes in with other BUs... Like Hendu, Nazr, Ham... So yes, that will make Terry look very important.

However, when compared to other PGs, while in the game.. Terry is not the contributor that others are.

In fact, i wish that somebody would be bold enough to get this predictive numbers... For Terry when he was out and when Wilks was in. I'm willing to bet that last years team performed better with Wilks as PG than with Terry as PG...