• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston will pursue Josh Smith if they fail to get Dwight Howard

Joker

Budinger just got traded for the 18 pick. Gerald Wallace was traded for the 6 pick. The precedence as been set.

That would be an unbelievably good deal in this draft and I think Houston would laugh at that offer.

Now Houston knows exactly how I feel about this Martin/14 BS.

Can we go over the cap to re-sign Josh? I'm not opposed to dealing him for a combo of two/three of Houston's draft picks and a player, but I don't think we should trade him if we don't have to; he is the heart and soul of the Hawks. If there is a high chance of him just walking away from the team, I think we should look to score some impact players this year in the draft.

• Moderators

Budinger just got traded for the 18 pick. Gerald Wallace was traded for the 6 pick. The precedence as been set.

Do you think Wallace is really the new precedent that will be guiding future trades? Half a season for overpaid vets on expiring deals are now worth the #6 pick in the draft?If so, I am dealing Joe Johnson for the #3 pick; Josh for the #4 pick and Teague for #14 and #18. Only you seem to be insisting that this is a realistic plan and that the Wallace deal wasn't an extreme outlier. Precendent setting? Really? Take a look at your gif. The reaction you see in that gif is the exact one you would get from any GM in the league with a lottery pick if you came offering half a season of Wallace for their pick at this point. Portland lucked into a historically bad trade. Only a fool would bank on that happening again and I don't think you really believe that.

• Moderators

Can we go over the cap to re-sign Josh? I'm not opposed to dealing him for a combo of two/three of Houston's draft picks and a player, but I don't think we should trade him if we don't have to; he is the heart and soul of the Hawks. If there is a high chance of him just walking away from the team, I think we should look to score some impact players this year in the draft.

We can go over the cap to resign Josh. In fact, we would absolutely have to since we will be over the cap again next season with a resigned Josh. If we give him the raise he will want and decide to keep Teague, we will be in luxury land for the future.If he wants to walk away from the team, he can do so. Whether there is a high chance of that depends entirely on Josh. He has hinted publicly that he wants out so I am concerned about him walking away and leaving us high and dry.

Chase Budinger is more valuable on here than Josh Smith. Marvin is a superstar, Josh is a scrub. Collins>Josh Smith on here.

If Josh walks next season he is worse than a scrub, he is a zero for our team and franchise. Which is something I do not think Ferry will allow for one second. There is not going to be a Josh Smith walk next season. I would bet a pretty penny on it.

Do you think Wallace is really the new precedent that will be guiding future trades? Half a season for overpaid vets on expiring deals are now worth the #6 pick in the draft?If so, I am dealing Joe Johnson for the #3 pick; Josh for the #4 pick and Teague for #14 and #18. Only you seem to be insisting that this is a realistic plan and that the Wallace deal wasn't an extreme outlier. Precendent setting? Really? Take a look at your gif. The reaction you see in that gif is the exact one you would get from any GM in the league with a lottery pick if you came offering half a season of Wallace for their pick at this point. Portland lucked into a historically bad trade. Only a fool would bank on that happening again and I don't think you really believe that.

The precedent has been set. Just saying. Most don't even like this draft. They just think it has a lot of useful players but hardly any All Stars or superstars. If you aren't offering Scola or Daly 14,16,18 for Smith 23. No, Nana, Cero. No chance in hell.

If Josh walks next season he is worse than a scrub, he is a zero for our team and franchise. Which is something I do not think Ferry will allow for one second. There is not going to be a Josh Smith walk next season. I would bet a pretty penny on it.

This is not true but whatever man. I rather get playoff money and see where he can take us instead of taking trash. Nothing is better than getting molested.

The precedent has been set. Just saying. Most don't even like this draft. They just think it has a lot of useful players but hardly any All Stars or superstars. If you aren't offering Scola or Daly 14,16,18 for Smith 23. No, Nana, Cero. No chance in hell.

How about Lowry 14, 16, 18 for Smith 23?

Josh can

Posted Image

How about Lowry 14, 16, 18 for Smith 23?

Not a fan of Lowry fit for us and honestly, I don't see them offering Lowry in this type of deal. Edited by Joker

• Moderators

That isn't precedent setting if you are using the word precedent in a way that implies that the Wallace deal sets the market for trades (which you are). If that was a meaningful precedent, we could acquire a top 5 pick today for Josh because we deliver more than twice the value (full season instead of half the season and a superior player). Instead, the teams with picks 1-5 will not be trading that pick for Josh Smith because they don't want to trade a cheap young stud for a guy who they will have to overpay to keep and who is a problem for their offense for the future. IMO, only a team that is in or close to the playoffs will really deliver value for Josh.

We will find out later then.

Ben Gordon and future 1st traded for Maggette. The precedence as been set.We should get aScola 14.16.18 and a future 1st for Josh Smith.

If we don't trade Josh, and he chooses to walk after this year, could we do a sign-and-trade like the Cavs did with LeBron to the Heat?

Yep, a trade exception>>>>> TRASH

Draft picks are a crap shoot.

BK is that you? (jk camp nothing personal bro)Hawks have had the laziest (or non-existent) scouting department in all of the NBA. I am hoping Ferry will be able to change that. Yes, if BK was still here draft picks are almost worthless, because we are only gonna get a good player every orange moon. But, Ferry understanding and using the Spurs model of talent evaluation and making more hits than misses is what I am hoping for. Because realistically it is gonna be hard to get a game changer if we don't draft him. Edited by GameTime

I would be disappointed in contrast to the recent trades if we get anything less thanScola 14,16,18 and future 2nd for Smith

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

Scola 14,16,18 and future 2nd for Smith That's what we need at the very least.