• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not gamble on greatness?

ATL_BALLER

I love a good shooter as much as the next guy, but the Jenkins pick wreaks of the classic Hawks safe play.Seeing as how we're hamstrung cap-wise, the draft has to be our salvation. Why take an acknowledged rotational player when you have Wroten or PJ3 oozing with upside? Those are the picks that separate franchises.I'll reserve judgement until I see JJ in action, but this feels all too familiar.Side note: Drew mentioned we have guys who command the double team, making our new shooter an ideal fit. Um, beyond Joe, who the &*$% is he talking about?

He's talking about Josh obviously. Only Josh and Joe on this team command double teams.

Horford draws double teams as well. We have three players who draw double teams but not of them are really effective v. them.

This is just another sign that the league is rigged Sullinger goes to Boston and PJIII OKC. How can teams that were in the Final 4 of the NBA get two of the top 10 talents in the draft without moving a inch while the lessor franchises pass on them? Just makes no sense to me. The league needs storylines and they are not interested in letting these great storylines go to waste in Atlanta, just my take.

Edited by MrMeltdown

i dont think perry jones will be that good guys sorry

Hey may or may not be - but the best franchises are willing to take that chance. In the Hawks case, when there's little-to-nothing coming in FA, those picks are critical.Why not take a chance on the upside, then sign a vet-min shooter like James Jones?
  • Like 1

This is just another sign that the league is rigged Sullinger goes to Boston and PJIII OKC. How can teams that were in the Final 4 of the NBA get to of the top 10 talents in the draft without moving a inch while the lessor franchises pass on them? Just makes no sense to me. The league needs storylines and they are not interested in letting these great storylines go to waste in Atlanta, just my take.

Nothing to do with the league, everything to do with winning cultures.

Jenkins is adept at drawing fouls. This was a good pick and good insurance for when Joe is hurt, needs a breather. The kid can score with the best of them. He can get his own shot and hit any spot up J. Willingly pass the ball to an open teammate...not so much.Hey, this might work. If you don't pass it to Josh with 5 seconds left on the clock....hmmmmmmm.

Guest Walter

Hey may or may not be - but the best franchises are willing to take that chance. In the Hawks case, when there's little-to-nothing coming in FA, those picks are critical.Why not take a chance on the upside, then sign a vet-min shooter like James Jones?

Agreed. The hawks did the worst. They reached for a player with limited upside and one NBA skill. If you really wanted a shooter, trade down or trade up from the 2nd. If you really wanted Jenkins, still trade down. IMO, To not take PJ3 was just plain dumb. He has instantly more value in a trade than Jenkins has. W

We are a 50 win team with established players and 2.5 Allstars...we need to get guys who can contribute now and have a high chance of being effective, not take on projects in the hopes that they are good in 5 yearsIt's not sexy, but this is a pick the spurs would make in the late 1st round and is why they win consistently without a ton of sexy players

• Like 1

We are a 50 win team with established players and 2.5 Allstars...we need to get guys who can contribute now and have a high chance of being effective, not take on projects in the hopes that they are good in 5 yearsIt's not sexy, but this is a pick the spurs would make in the late 1st round and is why they win consistently without a ton of sexy players

We are a team that's trending downward, with a core that's been together too long and an impossible cap situation. We took a safe, one-dimensional player when we absolutely need to find a Rondo-esque gem.Hope this kid proves me wrong.

I love a good shooter as much as the next guy, but the Jenkins pick wreaks of the classic Hawks safe play.Seeing as how we're hamstrung cap-wise, the draft has to be our salvation. Why take an acknowledged rotational player when you have Wroten or PJ3 oozing with upside? Those are the picks that separate franchises.I'll reserve judgement until I see JJ in action, but this feels all too familiar.Side note: Drew mentioned we have guys who command the double team, making our new shooter an ideal fit. Um, beyond Joe, who the &*$% is he talking about?

I agree with your premise. Usually, single-tool players are available in free agency every year, and don't command much money. It seems to make more sense to go for high upside players with more risk. This is even more so with low picks. With a high pick, it's fine to pick the solid player (i.e. Horford) because you're usually talking about a well-rounded player with better size and credentials.I'm not judging the John Jenkins pick because I will give the benefit of the doubt. However, it is likely that there are several players picked after him who will outperform. Too bad nobody knows who they are yet.

Josh commands a double team? Link please?

Link unavailable... Posted Image The only person I see "commanding" a double on our team is... well, joe "gets" double teamed but not sure he commands it. More like it takes him completely out of his game. Horford and his defender guards him, so maybe that's commanding a double team in LD's eyes.

But I do like the Jenkins pick and Scott may be alright. He averaged 18 points for UVa which was offensively challenged and is a physical presence at the 3 (rebounding and banging on the block)