• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks want Machado

Joker

Lin was a diamond in the corn field..They are few and far betweenYou hype him like he is a sure bet when the money is the opposite..If this was Vegas the odd's would be heavily against this guy is all I am saying

Actually, Lin's success was very predictable if anyone had paid attention to his college production and ignored the fact that he didn't look the part.http://wagesofwins.com/2012/02/12/who-could-have-known-about-lin/

• Moderators

He didn't get drafted at 15, he was drafted after our pick. Tony Wroten could be a bigger version of Rondo.

Wroten can't remotely pass like Rondo.Both Wroten and Rondo are athletic and struggled shooting coming out of college. The difference is that Rondo was an elite passer whiler Wroten had more turnovers than assists.I would have been scared to death if we drafted Wroten. The guy definitely has the physical ability but Rondo is not the right comparison.

Actually, Lin's success was very predictable if anyone had paid attention to his college production and ignored the fact that he didn't look the part.http://wagesofwins.c...nown-about-lin/

Why because he showed good production at Harvard??

Actually, Lin's success was very predictable if anyone had paid attention to his college production and ignored the fact that he didn't look the part.http://wagesofwins.c...nown-about-lin/

Scott Machado is highly rated in terms of advanced data as well.http://wagesofwins.com/2012/06/27/why-there-isnt-talent-outside-of-the-draft-lottery/

So you mean to tell me that you would pay a guy $1 million to sit on your bench to only start/play 5-6 game per year against centers that will have their way with Al? Waste.

4 regular season division games and a strong chance that we could play then 4-7 times in the playoffs. Hell yes I'd pay a guy to sit on my bench if he's truly among the 2-3 best in the league at defending a particular player, which a multitude of stats prove. That game where he was hurting and giving little effort vs Zaza means nothing as he's destroyed Zaza and Al multiple times over the years but he's never had success against Collins. Hell just the 4 regular season games can mean an 8 game swing between the 2 teams.
  • Like 1

Wroten can't remotely pass like Rondo.Both Wroten and Rondo are athletic and struggled shooting coming out of college. The difference is that Rondo was an elite passer whiler Wroten had more turnovers than assists.I would have been scared to death if we drafted Wroten. The guy definitely has the physical ability but Rondo is not the right comparison.

Atlanta did a good job passing on him if they felt it was in their best interest.

Wroten may not be able to protect the ball as well but he looks like a freaking clone of Rondo with his passing ability and he's bigger than Rondo. The problem is that he turns it over more and he's nowhere near the defender that Rondo was/is. He still looks like he is going to be a very good player in 2-3 years if he gets the PT he needs.

4 regular season division games and a strong chance that we could play then 4-7 times in the playoffs. Hell yes I'd pay a guy to sit on my bench if he's truly among the 2-3 best in the league at defending a particular player, which a multitude of stats prove. That game where he was hurting and giving little effort vs Zaza means nothing as he's destroyed Zaza and Al multiple times over the years but he's never had success against Collins. Hell just the 4 regular season games can mean an 8 game swing between the 2 teams.

But there's no need for resigning him for the 2012-2013 season. I think we can win on a solid team effort and using our athlecticism against Orlando. Orlando isn't even good anymore and they might start missing the playoffs after this upcoming season.

But there's no need for resigning him for the 2012-2013 season. I think we can win on a solid team effort and using our athlecticism against Orlando. Orlando isn't even good anymore and they might start missing the playoffs after this upcoming season.

It's great to think that but history has proven that if Dwight is motivated, and I expect him to be this year with it being a contract year and having major questions about his back, that he's going to have to have a great year. It doesn't hurt to keep Collins as our 3rd C who only plays against Orlando and other big centers.

Wroten may not be able to protect the ball as well but he looks like a freaking clone of Rondo with his passing ability and he's bigger than Rondo. The problem is that he turns it over more and he's nowhere near the defender that Rondo was/is. He still looks like he is going to be a very good player in 2-3 years if he gets the PT he needs.

It's not just the ability it's the mentality. Rondo thinks pass first, pass second and pass third before he takes a shot and it's not just because he can't shoot. Wroten will be closer to a Tyreke/Stuckey/Larry Hughes type of scorer than elite passer. Is that a bad player? No, not as long as you recognize them for what they are and not what they aren't. I also believe that their defensive potentials are equal because Rondo lives a lot off of the "gamble for a steal" mentality than actually sound defense.

It's not just the ability it's the mentality. Rondo thinks pass first, pass second and pass third before he takes a shot and it's not just because he can't shoot. Wroten will be closer to a Tyreke/Stuckey/Larry Hughes type of scorer than elite passer. Is that a bad player? No, not as long as you recognize them for what they are and not what they aren't. I also believe that their defensive potentials are equal because Rondo lives a lot off of the "gamble for a steal" mentality than actually sound defense.

Wroten is young so he's not yet the player mentally or physically that he will become. You may be right about his mentality and his ceiling but I think we'll look back on this draft and regret it, just like we regretted taking Acie over Stuckey due to concerns about his ability to run an offense. He can't run an offense but at least he's been a quality player who's still in the league doing well.

• Moderators

Rondo Freshman Year: 118 assists, 69 turnovers, 51% fg%Wroten Freshman Year: 130 assists, 132 turnovers, 44% fg%Wroten has all the physical tools but I have serious questions about whether he has the feel for the game. Rondo had it from day 1 at UK and that was what made his passing ability special - not the highlight passes but the ability to see the floor and make the smart pass. I would be scared to death about whether Wroten has that if we had picked him.He has everything to be excited about in terms of his body and what he is physically capable of. It is the mental and skill sides that scare me. Edited by AHF

Clones:Rondo Freshman Year: 118 assists, 69 turnovers, 51% fg%Wroten Freshman Year: 130 assists, 132 turnovers, 44% fg%Wroten has all the physical tools but I have serious questions about whether he has the feel for the game. Rondo had it from day 1 at UK and that was what made his passing ability special - not the highlight passes but the ability to see the floor and make the smart pass. I would be scared to death about whether Wroten has that if we had picked him.He has everything to be excited about in terms of his body and what he is physically capable of. It is the mental and skill sides that scare me.

You make excellent points and I feel the same way. I'm thrilled with Jenkins but I'm not curious about his upside since I don't think he has much of it and I don't ever see him being a starter. At least with Wroten he has that potential to be an outstanding PG.

I would bring back Collins. I might be making noise about Thabeet but I really don't believe in him.

• Moderators

but I think we'll look back on this draft and regret it

I have a high fear that we will and Wroten is not the only possibility. We chose two guys who look like career reserves are their ceiling in a draft where I expect a lot of starters to come out. I feel like I did with the Teague draft (deflated because we got something I thought would be significantly less than Lawson). Edited by AHF

Wroten has special passing ability. His issue is he is a terrible decision maker. He does Josh Smith'ish things on offense. I don't see that going away.

Edited by Joker

I have a high fear that we will and Wroten is not the only possibility. We chose two guys who look like career reserves in a draft where I expect a lot of starters to come out. I feel like I did with the Teague draft (deflated because we got something I thought would be significantly less than Lawson).

And in some ways is significantly less than Lawson... but in other ways is superior to Lawson. I was devastated when the Celtics did what I knew they would do, take the 2 players that I wanted most at our pick and especially the Syracuse homer in me wanting us to finally take a guy from my team.

I like Machado for us a lot more than Wroten.

• Like 1