• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Joe trade smells of an implosion here and a Dynasty in NJ.

Diesel

Hots and camp, since he signed the new deal, our personnal is worse go from a real pg to a lou williams and bobby jackson type. Go from jamal to willie green. Just those two players made a big difference and joe was even more efficent last year. Joe is not the problem. The lack of a playmaking pg, more true center depth and I don't consider guys like collins depth and a lack of balance in the starting five is the issue.

As long as his contract is on the books Joker, you aren't going to get that PG/Center you covet.

OK... You will see. If you read the title of my post I said implosion here and Dynasty in Brooklyn. What will we do when we are in the same conference as Miami's big three and Deron, Johnson, and D-12 in Brooklyn? Not to mention Boston?We will never make it to the finals at this rate. We'll be a feeder team with capspace.A team for FAs to use to get better contracts.I wanna wait til I see the whole deal laid out.. However, I can see how they would trade us some of their undesirables. Trade Orlando Lopez and picks for D-12. Then resign Deron (Bird Rights) and have a monster in Brooklyn. I guess the first trade has to be for D-12 because Hennigan is not stupid enough to hand Brooklyn a dynasty. We would.

Diesel, let's play what if. What if John Jenkins can give you 15, 2, 3 in the NBA? Not crazy talk, I'm just throwing out numbers. For a player of his scoring ability, 15 per game is a reasonable 2 year number. Arguably, Joe's numbers are better. No argument there.My question to you is. Will the 19 million dollar trade off between Jenkins and Johnson net you 3.8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist per game in your other areas of your roster?

Hots and camp, since he signed the new deal, our personnal is worse go from a real pg to a lou williams and bobby jackson type. Go from jamal to willie green. Just those two players made a big difference and joe was even more efficent last year. Joe is not the problem. The lack of a playmaking pg, more true center depth and I don't consider guys like collins depth and a lack of balance in the starting five is the issue.

Mike Bibby wasn't even a great PG when he got here. He really was only a decent playmaker his first full season here. After that he was basically a good scoring role player. The personal changed, but Teague is as good of a player as Bibby was after his first season or so with the Hawks. Jamal's first year was a fluke. His second season with the team wasn't even all that good. Even with those guys that you think were good Joe still couldn't manage to play well in the playoffs. Moreover, no Bibby or Jamal isn't causing Joe's rebounding to drop.Joe is the problem because he is severely overpaid and it's to the point to where all he has left is shooting. And if that's off... forgetaboutit.

Guest Walter

The problem is not Joe's contract. Joe's contract is not even comparable in money to the big three's contract... pick any big three you want.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htmJoe is currently the 5th highest paid player. We signed him at the "peak of the market" as it were before the new CBA. You can't win shit paying the 5th highest salary (4th next year, 3rd the year following that) for the 56th best player who is about to decline further and get paid more. Can't do it UNLESS your team otherwise is comprised of James Harden type players still on their cheap rookie contracts but playing like superstars. We don't have that. Hence with Joe leading us to 1st rd playoff while getting worse exits we're screwed. WW
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Build around machado and horford

Man Joker, you get on a player and he is instantly an allstar. machado didnt even get drafted, all teams did not see enough in him to pick him. I know you dont like Teague but dang. machado will be nothing more than a spot minutes player.......................

It will cripple us for years to come.. Ferry will tear this franchise apart. We're getting close to cracking a finals appearance, there's no need to trade a valuable piece. Ask him to take a freaking pay cut!!!!!

We aren't close to cracking the finals and you can't restructure in the nba. Edited by CJB
  • Like 1

Man Joker, you get on a player and he is instantly an allstar. machado didnt even get drafted, all teams did not see enough in him to pick him. I know you dont like Teague but dang. machado will be nothing more than a spot minutes player.......................

I didn't say he is an all star instantly. He will take some years but its your best bet to build around if horford is the center piece.

Bottom line is that we're going to suck. Many of you will see again that we can't draw FAs...

I invite sucking with top 6 picks...............no way we can bomb on 3 out of 4 top 6 picks again. We know JJ is not leading us any where. JJ will forced to wait 4 more years in pain befoer a legit rebuild can happen. Chillz pick #6 was a bustMarvin pick #2 was a bustShelden pick #5 was a bustThen finally we struck gold with Horford at #3 the following year.