• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ Trade Effect...

T21

Let's say there's really something credible behind these rumors of JJ to Nets... and let's say we get Lopez in return...That would surely put us in a position to assemble the best possible package for Dwight Howard. We could offer Lopez and one of Smoove / Al for S&T Dwight.I'm sure that Magic would be all-over this proposal, because they're already fed up with the whole Dwight Saga and want to turn the new page (this would give them new and young front court).That would leave us with:PG Teague / FASG Jenkins / FASF Marvin / FAPF Smoove / Al / RookC Dwight / ZazaDoesn't look bad, as we could eventually be able to finally lure some stars to ATL, possibly create our own big three...

Let's say there's really something credible behind these rumors of JJ to Nets... and let's say we get Lopez in return...That would surely put us in a position to assemble the best possible package for Dwight Howard. We could offer Lopez and one of Smoove / Al for S&T Dwight.I'm sure that Magic would be all-over this proposal, because they're already fed up with the whole Dwight Saga and want to turn the new page (this would give them new and young front court).That would leave us with:PG Teague / FASG Jenkins / FASF Marvin / FAPF Smoove / Al / RookC Dwight / ZazaDoesn't look bad, as we could eventually be able to finally lure some stars to ATL, possibly create our own big three...

D12 is an tool willing to spit in Orlando's face in order to force what he wants..Just like tonight he demands a trade again once this JJ rumor hit twitter..Look the guy is good but I will pass on the clown on pure principle
  • Like 2

For this to be more than even wishful thinking, Dwight would have to actually have some interest in coming here. So far there has been zero evidence. If he doesn't want to be here and ORL trades him here anyhow for there sake, It will be a one year rental. Then we are back where we started. It is fun to talk about but it is what it is.

For this to be more than even wishful thinking, Dwight would have to actually have some interest in coming here. So far there has been zero evidence. If he doesn't want to be here and ORL trades him here anyhow for there sake, It will be a one year rental. Then we are back where we started. It is fun to talk about but it is what it is.

Exactly, unless he is signing his extention...why bother, we will have all the saga that Orlando has now if it's a 1 year rental.

D12 is an tool willing to spit in Orlando's face in order to force what he wants..Just like tonight he demands a trade again once this JJ rumor hit twitter..Look the guy is good but I will pass on the clown on pure principle

WOW! It's funny how we are so quick to believe the media about a player. We know neither of the two (Dwight or the media). What gives us the right to judge or believe what we don't truely know?

I meet Dwight how once and he was very cool. That's not saying much but I'm not going to just jump on "rumors."

Most of you think it is a long shot, but do not discount the friendship between Dwight and Josh and how much those two would love to play together. If the Hawks can move/amnesty Joe, it opens up all kinds of avenues for a Dwight/Josh reunion.See, the Hawks have a better trade chip for Dwight than any other team can offer at this point. They have Al Horford. Al Horford is a great player....currently the best player on this team. I would only be considering a trade of him if the Hawks were using him to get an elite player in return. Well, Dwight is an elite player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've never had a problem with players wanting trades and free agents wanting to sign elsewhere. People have a right to work wherever they want. I don't know why we make it so personal when it comes to professional sports players.

"BUT WRETCH! HOLD ON! YOU'RE A LEBRON HATER!"

I am. Very much so, but it has nothing to do with LeBron wanting to leave Cleveland. And I don't see Dwight's saga the same way. The guy wants to win and he wants a new start with a different organization. What's wrong with that? He wants to play with another all NBA talent. That's nothing new. Orlando has had their chance and they have done all they could. Same as Cleveland. He's at least giving the Magic a chance to get something in return. I don't see this as a douche move.

He's not coming here though.

• Premium Member

Most of you think it is a long shot, but do not discount the friendship between Dwight and Josh and how much those two would love to play together. If the Hawks can move/amnesty Joe, it opens up all kinds of avenues for a Dwight/Josh reunion.See, the Hawks have a better trade chip for Dwight than any other team can offer at this point. They have Al Horford. Al Horford is a great player....currently the best player on this team. I would only be considering a trade of him if the Hawks were using him to get an elite player in return. Well, Dwight is an elite player.

They probably would like to play together, but not in Atlanta. Dwight is trying to get the players association to take legal action because he wants to be in Brooklyn so bad. Josh also doesn't want to be in Atlanta. In addition, I think Woj said a JJ trade was only one possibility the two teams were discussing. It wouldn't suprise me if the Nets and Hawks were also having discussions involving Josh.

• Premium Member

If Dwight is here then we have to keep Josh here. I don't think Dwight will resign if Josh isn't here. So we would have to trade Al to get him and not Josh.

It seems neither guy is interested in being in Atlanta.

Josh is more interested in being wanted and appreciated than he is towards being traded. His entire premise for wanting to be traded is that he feels he has been slighted by the Hawks ownership and the PREVIOUS management. Remember, he blames the Hawks organization for not doing enough to promote him for the All Star game and the All NBA team, which he should have made, IMO. He also feels slighted by the fan base because they don't appreciate the fact that he is the single most impactful player on this team. Well, guess what. There is a new sheriff in town, and this sheriff understands evaluating things with analytics. Thusly, you see Atlanta trying to move Joe Johnson and reports that they aren't interested in any of the deals to move Josh Smith. Danny Ferry appears to be a person that may actually respect what Josh brings to the table, and you can bet if Danny approaches Josh this offseason and offers him a chance to make this his team, Josh loves this city and this team enough that he will take that offer.
  • Like 2

Josh is more interested in being wanted and appreciated than he is towards being traded. His entire premise for wanting to be traded is that he feels he has been slighted by the Hawks ownership and the PREVIOUS management. Remember, he blames the Hawks organization for not doing enough to promote him for the All Star game and the All NBA team, which he should have made, IMO. He also feels slighted by the fan base because they don't appreciate the fact that he is the single most impactful player on this team.Well, guess what. There is a new sheriff in town, and this sheriff understands evaluating things with analytics. Thusly, you see Atlanta trying to move Joe Johnson and reports that they aren't interested in any of the deals to move Josh Smith. Danny Ferry appears to be a person that may actually respect what Josh brings to the table, and you can bet if Danny approaches Josh this offseason and offers him a chance to make this his team, Josh loves this city and this team enough that he will take that offer.

I share the same opinion, especially if you read between the lines...Smoove has clearly been the one who's been embracing the role of a leader and didn't shy away from it (unlike JJ). Perhaps our new GM wants to mold the new core with players that have more character (for better or worse in Smoove's case).Obviously we won't be able to replace JJ, but at the same time we would get rid of his contract, gain financial flexibility to re-sign Smoove and hopefully go after D12...I understand that my proposed scenario is a long shot, as it would take another trade to pull it off... However, I don't see anyone else being able to assemble better package to woo Magic into trading D12 (maybe Lakers with Bynum). Main thing is Dwight's consent and his willingness to S&T.

I share the same opinion, especially if you read between the lines...Smoove has clearly been the one who's been embracing the role of a leader and didn't shy away from it (unlike JJ). Perhaps our new GM wants to mold the new core with players that have more character (for better or worse in Smoove's case).Obviously we won't be able to replace JJ, but at the same time we would get rid of his contract, gain financial flexibility to re-sign Smoove and hopefully go after D12...I understand that my proposed scenario is a long shot, as it would take another trade to pull it off... However, I don't see anyone else being able to assemble better package to woo Magic into trading D12 (maybe Lakers with Bynum). Main thing is Dwight's consent and his willingness to S&T.

I don't understand this idea that we won't be able to replace JJ's production? Some of you make it seem like losing him will have the same effect as Cleveland losing LeBron James. It isn't even close. JJ over the past two years has produced barely more than a replacement level player.
  • Like 1

I don't understand this idea that we won't be able to replace JJ's production? Some of you make it seem like losing him will have the same effect as Cleveland losing LeBron James. It isn't even close. JJ over the past two years has produced barely more than a replacement level player.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but we must not dispute JJ's impact on both ends of the floor, his value to the team and his consistency...If JJ was signed to a 12 mil. per year contract we wouldn't be talking about him in this manner. That contract alone has put our franchise in a hostage situation!

Well, guess what. There is a new sheriff in town, and this sheriff understands evaluating things with analytics. Thusly, you see Atlanta trying to move Joe Johnson and reports that they aren't interested in any of the deals to move Josh Smith. Danny Ferry appears to be a person that may actually respect what Josh brings to the table, and you can bet if Danny approaches Josh this offseason and offers him a chance to make this his team, Josh loves this city and this team enough that he will take that offer.

What makes any of this Joe talk any more legitimate than the Josh trade talk? Everything has been rumors so far and if anything, I haven't seen or heard anything to differentiate the two other than Josh being actively shopped. Has anybody from the hawks organization spoken about moving Joe yet?

• Premium Member

Josh is more interested in being wanted and appreciated than he is towards being traded. His entire premise for wanting to be traded is that he feels he has been slighted by the Hawks ownership and the PREVIOUS management. Remember, he blames the Hawks organization for not doing enough to promote him for the All Star game and the All NBA team, which he should have made, IMO. He also feels slighted by the fan base because they don't appreciate the fact that he is the single most impactful player on this team. Well, guess what. There is a new sheriff in town, and this sheriff understands evaluating things with analytics. Thusly, you see Atlanta trying to move Joe Johnson and reports that they aren't interested in any of the deals to move Josh Smith. Danny Ferry appears to be a person that may actually respect what Josh brings to the table, and you can bet if Danny approaches Josh this offseason and offers him a chance to make this his team, Josh loves this city and this team enough that he will take that offer.

If Danny Ferry is so smart and is so into analytics, then you can be sure he is not building this team around Josh Smith. Building a team around an undersized 4 with terrible offensive efficiency will not get you in the contender conversation.

Sadly, methinks you're right. Shame too, since this city has lots of potential to be a rapid sports town, even with some terrible sports owners, minus Blank.