• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT/Kobe/SAR/Okafor/Theo???

Admin

Does everyone realize that we could seriously have a chance at a lineup like that next year if we do poorly this year and Kobe opts out like he says he will? I know its long shot, but it is quite possible. Kobe gets to the east to come out here and dominate and we draft the best PF to come out in years to make us the best post defensive team in the league. JT/Kobe gives us the best backcourt in the game and SAR is a top 5 SF. Okay so I am probably dreaming, but [censored] maybe it could happen.

but wat are the chances?

Do u really want to "give up" on the season (ala Cavs style) in hopes of the #1 pick? i dont think Stotts will do that.

also, suppose that does happen... wat are the chances that Kobe comes here? honestly, he has 1/28 chance (all teams excludin Lakers) of comin here as of rite now... i rather not take the chance.

I love it. I think okafor is going to be DA MAN!! He is a dominate defender and good rebounder, something we have been in need for a long time. I don't like tanking the season for a chance at a high draft pick but honestly does anyone think that we are going to do anything IF we do make the playoffs? I think we would be a better draw fro kobe if we got a guy like okafor. As much as i want to win I don't want to fall into the same trap we were in a few yrs back, good enough to get in the playoffs but not good enough to advance.

"Do u really want to "give up" on the season (ala Cavs style) in hopes of the #1 pick? i dont think Stotts will do that. "

I wonder; how would we know if Stotts tanked the season? What would we compare it to? The last four seasons do we know if they were tanked or not? We don't have the most positive outlook for this season. So if we have a bad season the shield would be that we expected it. I think the chances would be greater than 1/28(1/29 with the expansion team) if he wants to come to the east.

Who says we have to tank the season?

Weather we win or lose, we will have that much money under the cap.

So, tanking the season has nothing to do with us getting Kobe. I actually think having a good season would only enhance the chances of getting Kobe. The money we have under the cap is going to be the same win or lose. So let's go out and win as many as possible. That way it would be more attractive for Kobe to be here.

I maybe wrong on the money, but that is my opinion.

P

I was excited about the guy and what he showed in the preseason, thinking he could be a nice 10th/11th guy to bring off the bench for situational play/banging inside...however he just tore his ACL and is out for the season.

Yes, he's on our roster, becasue he has to be. Next year, we'll bring him back to camp to see how he's come back from his injury...but he'll be 29 then, with a window, but a smaller one.

He wasn't goign to play a big role this season, but it would have been nice to have him...but he's "dead to us now"

[censored], we haven't played a game yet and you guys are already awarding ATL the #1 pick. On top of that, you are signing Kobe Bryant as a free agent. Only in pipe dreams...Even if we were to finish in dead last in the L, do you really believe Bryant will come to a losing situation like that after all the success in LA?? C'mon, I know this team is not the greatest, but I do think it will improve over last year. Chemistry is better; the coaching and GM situation is stable for now, and the real nucleus is still together. You guys wanna believe all these ESPN and Yahoo rankings and shyt all you want, but I think this team will be better than those experts. I guess some of you have no faith in your team...

J

I am talking about Emeka Okafor, the super PF-C for the Huskies. This guy is arguably the best PF to come out of college in the last decade, depending on what style of game you prefer. I am a defensive minded guy so in my mind there hasnt been a better defender/shotblocker/rebounder to come out since him (that wasnt a shock like Ben Wallace).

-----------------------------------------------------------

From NBADraft.net

NBA Comparison: Ben Wallace (more offense, less nastiness)

Strengths: A tremendous rebounder and shot blocker. Emeka is an extremely intelligent and hardworking player with a great future ahead of him. Okafor possesses unbelievable shot blocking instincts, making him a true difference maker on the defensive end. He is excellent at timing his jumps and moving his feet to alter shots. His intelligence and athletic ability has also made him a proficient rebounder and outlet passer. Offensively he shows good touch and a nice assortment of post moves. His jump shot is really developing and in time will become a nice weapon. In addition, he has good footwork and is very coachable. A super prospect…the sky is the limit for Emeka

Weaknesses: Emeka will have to make the adjustment from playing center in college to playing PF and/or being a small center in the NBA. That alone should diminish some of his shot blocking/altering affects. Secondly, he is sometimes too mechanical in the post and kicks the ball out to early. Although his offensive game is vastly improved, there is still room for more growth...Free throw shooting is also a weakness.

Notes: Point blank one of the best low post players to come out of college in sometime. Will take some adjustment to the NBA, but has the intelligence and work ethic to be a difference maker......On pace to graduate from UConn in three years.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, I dont want us to intentionally tank the season, but he could go anywhere from 1-5 in the draft and the chances of us making the playoffs are slim (sorry guys but its true) so there is a chance we could end up fairly high in the lottery and could have a shot at him. I dont want to see us barely make the playoffs this year because that would kill me since we arent talented enough to go all the way and could possibly finally have a top draft pick that we get to keep. Who here would not gladly lose for one more season to add a better offensive version of Ben Wallace to our front court with Theo and Reef?

This is the 2nd thread where people have mentioned us having enough caproom to sign Kobe next year. Where is this coming from? We have over $52 million in committed salaries for next season. The only way we could get Kobe is through a sign and trade deal or if he is willing to play for the MCE. We will NOT have ANY caproom next year.

If we have a top 2 pick we need to get Dwight Howard. I have played with this guy. He is a simply a beast. He has the athleticism and permeiter game of KG combined with the low post skills and fundamentals of Tim Duncan. Now of course he is not on that level now, but that is the type of player he will grow into. He may not be a Ben Wallace type defender, but he is certaintly no slouch, in fact he has the potential to be an all defensive team type defender.