• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get Dwight Howard, trading Joe is cool but give us a chance to win just for one season

Joker

If you going to blow it up, go out with a bang. Get Dwight for a season with Smoove. And try to win it all.

Completely agree.

I understand Joe's contract. I understand that. But please get us Dwight Howard. It's clear we are never going to get the playmaking PG for Horford. It's pointless to just become Milwaukee or Toronto. I don't want to watch that shit. Bad enough to suck but good enough not to get a top 5 pick.

A team of Josh and Howard is not going to win much. Especially if Joe and Horford are gone.

Smoove, Howard, Jenkins, Morrow, Farmar... Okay. We need a PG like Miller, Calderon, Nelson, or Kidd.CalderonJenkinsMorrowSmooveHowardSquad Up

That team doesn't even make the playoffs

Just Dwight and scrubs is a 50 win team. Smoove carried us to the playoffs last year. Calderon is an excellent passer and spot up shooter. Morrow and Jenkins are shooters. This would be a suped up Orlando Magic team. We can win it all with this squad.

A team of Josh and Howard is not going to win much. Especially if Joe and Horford are gone.

Josh and Dwight will bring a level excitement to the ATL that hasn't been there since Dominique left. I think the reason that you haven't heard the Hawks in contention for D12 is because we couldn't pull it off with our financial situation. If we trade Joe, all of that changes. I don't know the specifics, but the Nets won't have a whole lot of room to sign Dwight anymore if they get JJ (especially because they just signed Gerald Wallace to a huge deal), so he'd have to consider somewhere else. I think the Hawks could be that spot.

If the Hawks are to ever be truly successful, the short term thinking has to stop. With Ferry, it appears it has.

We are going to suck for the short and long term. I don't like that idea at all.

You trade for a PG that can set up a offense and sign defensive shooters you got a tough squad.Josh and Dwight alone can give you 6 blocks a game and change even more shots.Dwight made Orlando a top 5 defensive team by himself. You add a Josh Smith it could be deadly. I see Wade and LeBron forced to settle for a lot of jumpers against us.

I love Horford and we will regret trading him but Dwight would win a ring with Smoove and Atlanta would be Dwightlanta and he would fall in love.

Everyone on here is talking about Josh not willing to resign with the team he would be traded to. Why would Andre Bynum resign with Orlando? He's an exp. A lot of teams would love to have him. He can get the max. Why is his value not lower like Josh via on here?

Horford can play both PF/C. Horford is underutilized. Horford is one of the best all around players in the NBA. In his 3rd and 4th season he was an All Star and all NBA. He is one of the NBA's best players. He is under an excellent contract. He went to college in the area. He really has no injury issues for most of his career. Bynum might have size is a more of a #1 option regardless of PG. He has tunnel vision, weak minded, injury prone, and on an expiring contract. He already said he wants to play for a winner as well. Orlando would make a major mistake trading for him over Al Horford.

• Premium Member

We are going to suck for the short and long term. I don't like that idea at all.

That happens if the Hawks put all there eggs in one basket like Dwight which isn't even a remote possibility. The guy has done everything possible, other than saying it, to let it be known he has no interest in playing in Atlanta. Period. You think he would be endeared to the Hawks for trying to land him when he doesn't want to be here? Seriously, the guy is trying to get the players association to take legal action against the Magic because he wants to be in Brooklyn so bad despite the fact that HE opted in. Doesn't sound like champion character to me and not what Ferry has indicated he wants. In addition, it was reported that Ferry's hiring has not changed Smoove's desie to be traded. I know it sucks to have to exihibit patience after being hit over the head with the core so long, but if the Hawks want to contend for multiple years (not just one), they have to do this the right way with guys who are not just talented, but want to be here and play the right way.
  • Like 1

That happens if the Hawks put all there eggs in one basket like Dwight which isn't even a remote possibility. The guy has done everything possible, other than saying it, to let it be known he has no interest in playing in Atlanta. Period. You think he would be endeared to the Hawks for trying to land him when he doesn't want to be here? Seriously, the guy is trying to get the players association to take legal action against the Magic because he wants to be in Brooklyn so bad despite the fact that HE opted in. Doesn't sound like champion character to me and not what Ferry has indicated he wants. In addition, it was reported that Ferry's hiring has not changed Smoove's desie to be traded. I know it sucks to have to exihibit patience after being hit over the head with the core so long, but if the Hawks want to contend for multiple years (not just one), they have to do this the right way with guys who are not just talented, but want to be here and play the right way.

Who cares. Josh doesn't want to be here. Truthfully Al either. Jeff doesn't even want to be here no more same as Zaza and Marvin. Atlanta is a love/hate team. I would let him come here and decide for himself.

Remember when Paul Pierce wanted out of Boston? Wade out of Miami?Dwight Howard would change Josh's mind easily.Hopefully Ferry has talked with the players. Edited by GameTime

Danny Ferry, get your punkass on the phone with Orlando and land Dwight Howard.Sign Calderon or MillerTrade Joe, I don't give a damn but land Dwight.