• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How smart is CP3? Would he really choose the clippers over the Hawks?!

JTB

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First off I created this post because everybody says no D12 no CP3 for the hawks and i completely disagree! I would even go as far and say judging the current roster the Hawks are a better fit for CP3 to win a championship! not because the hawks is my favorite team but because its the truth! have you seen this clippers team! They are a longshot to being contenders and they shouldnt have beatebn the grizzlies! With this clippers team next year I doubt they make it out of round one if next time when they face a competitor. With that said......LISTEN UP!

-Assuming Smith stays on the hawks like Im very very positive he will do cause he sees opportunity. Chris Paul will have to weigh his options, looking at the whole picture!

On the Hawks Chris Paul has:

-Josh Smith his Blake Griffin for fastbreaks and alley oops but with way better defense than Griffen

-Al Horford his David west for PnR/PnP with the ability to run the floor on fastbreaks as well and finish strong...(something he does not have on the Clips)

(*that alone should lure him to the hawks but lets keep going)

-Morrow/Jenkins....assuming Morrow stays CP3 has 2 Peja Stojakovic's for 3 point set up

(*and Im sure the hawks will definitely add another piece to the team probably center...al jefferson, cousins, somebody with good inside scoring and can rebound/defend in the post)

On the Clips CP3 has:

-Griffin a great finisher but game is still developing and also showed during the playoffs that his shot needs much help! CP3 got him some good looks in the series vs the spurs and all Griffen shots were flat!

-Deandre Jordan basically his Tyson Chandler but thats all! where is his David West?!

-Caron Butler who isnt worth a damn anymore! LOL...he got some game but I rather have smith at SF!

-Big shot Billups and thats only if he stays on this team from my understanding he is a free agent and I know he wants to win another ring cause he is getting up there...also on the Clips he is playing SG and not point

-Nick young...this guy has a good game especially off the bench but he's no reason sway CP3 decision

(*on a short note CP3 is missing his most prized possession on the Clippers and thats a Pick and Roll/ Pick and Pop BIG man like he had with the Hornets (David West)! The Hawks have that with AL Horford and Horford can easily drop 20 with CP3 on the team.

Look at the lineups today if the hawks had CP3 vs the Clips having CP3:

Hawks

pg-CP3

sg-morrow/jenkins

sf-smith

pf-horford

c-pachulia

Clips

pg-CP3

sg-billups

sf-butler

pf-griffin

c-jordan

You tell me the better team?!....they got the Center position on us but the hawks have the more deadlier offense with a pick and roll and pick and pop PF in Al horford who can also hold his own in the post and defend!Jordan is not that effective! defense is just ok, offense for jordan is atrocious plus he only averages 8 boards! very,very overrated due to his shot blocking and highlight dunks!...not hating but its true!

oh and my mistake according to ESPN the clippers starting 5 lineup for 2013 has nick young and randy foye (who i recently saw some rumor of leaving the team) as their starters! http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/lac/los-angeles-clippers

so here's the clips real lineup (according to espn):

pg-CP3

sg-FOYE

sf-YOUNG

pf-griffin

c-jordan

and now the hawks look even better than the Clippers! LOL......let's put it like this and I will squash it! THE CLIPPERS ARE A HIGHLIGHT TEAM NOTHING ELSE and thats the reason the hawks are a better fit and also the reason CP3 and the rest on that Clippers roster had to do so much flopping in order to get out round 1!....(Lebron had highlight dunks for 8 or 9 years before he won a ring. Get real if think CP3 passes us up! If we werent a catch he would have extended!..more money my a$$, dont believe media!)

******sorry for the loooonnng post, i do it by accident all the time but had to get my point across!******

We would have to add some talent before he would come. I agree that he would be a better fit here, but if we are starting Pachulia at C..we are going to suck.

I agree, I agree...but to me thats a easy thing to do considering Al jefferson and Cousins is in free agency and I seriously doubt they sign an extension with their current teams! especially Al jefferson! Resign Smith and add Jefferson or cousins show the effort moves of wanting to win now to CP3...and I cant see him turning the hawks down

Man Cousins would be so nice if he wasn't so damn retarded. I don't know if he's just miserable playing in Sacramento or what, but he's got Andrew Bynum like potential. He could probably be even better offensively if he wasn't so determined to be a finesse player. Him and Josh jacking up jumpers would be enough to drive me crazy lol.

Guest Walter

I agree, I agree...but to me thats a easy thing to do considering Al jefferson and Cousins is in free agency

Cousins is not in FAcy next off-season. Sac has a $4.9 mil team option I expect SAC to pick up. W

• Premium Member

We have no inside offensive players. How frustrated will CP3 be when Josh sets a picks and then drifts to the 3 pt line? Blake is a finisher who knows his role. Josh is a tweener who wants to be Larry Bird. Blake is a physical player. Josh is not. Blake is respected because he doesn't argue with the refs... You know.I think a big issue and the telling issue is: The MONEY...IF Sterling is fool enough to tell CP3 to go out and find the money... CP3 will be a Hawk. However, LAC can pay him more than anybody else... that means a lot. Ask Deron.. who took 25 Million more over going to play for his home team town.

Didn't Josh, Thabeet, and Okafor work with Hakeem. Hakeem can't turn s.. to gold.

We have no inside offensive players. How frustrated will CP3 be when Josh sets a picks and then drifts to the 3 pt line? Blake is a finisher who knows his role. Josh is a tweener who wants to be Larry Bird. Blake is a physical player. Josh is not. Blake is respected because he doesn't argue with the refs... You know. I think a big issue and the telling issue is: The MONEY... IF Sterling is fool enough to tell CP3 to go out and find the money... CP3 will be a Hawk. However, LAC can pay him more than anybody else... that means a lot. Ask Deron.. who took 25 Million more over going to play for his home team town.

Horford is a better finisher and shooter than Blake. Blake is a superior offensive talent. Can score at will. Doesn't need to be assisted. Horford needs to be assisted more times than not. Blake doesn't but Blake BBIQ is meh and he doesn't play defense. Horford is much better to me than Griffin. Griffin is the PF version of Vince Carter. Fans love him to death because he is so amazingly talented and he's a walking highlight reel but he doesn't fit what CP3 does, heck no one on LAC does but Butler and Billups. I am still 50/50 on Smith and Griffin. I would choose Griffin over Smith if I was starting a team but who is more impactful, I think Smith is due to his defense and his ability to be a playmaker within the offense.

Given the choice between having Horf and Having Griffin, I don't think that there's a coach in the league that would take Horf over Griffin.

You sure about that? I can say if you ask most coaches, they would choose Al. GM's? Maybe Griffin for his franchise value. Fans would choose Griffin. Edited by Joker

• Premium Member

Blake gives you 20/10 on above 50% shooting with athleticism. Horf gives you about 15 and 9..Find a GM who will take Horf over Blake and you have a guy who is not looking for a PF.

Blake gives you 20/10 on above 50% shooting with athleticism. Horf gives you about 15 and 9.. Find a GM who will take Horf over Blake and you have a guy who is not looking for a PF.

Blake give you hardly any defense and poor intangibles. If all I have to do is find someone to create and run the PnR for you then I have no problem choosing you over someone like Griffin who I felt has peaked even at this age.