• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bigger Star... Brighter Future.

Diesel

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Bigger Star. Which of these guys would make Atlanta relevant in the National media just by them being here.Brighter Future. Which of these guys would guarantee that we get a finals appearance sometime in the next 5 yrs.

Dwight Howard is the biggest star, but none of those guys would guarantee a finals appearance.I think right Dwight Howard would probably give the team the biggest boost, but I think Chris Paul will be the most valuable in the long run. Howard won't be nearly as good a player when he starts to decline athletically. He has no real offensive game other than physical domination.

Edited by thefloydian
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Dwight Howard is the biggest star, but none of those guys would guarantee a finals appearance. I think right Dwight Howard would probably give the team the biggest boost, but I think Chris Paul will be the most valuable in the long run. Howard won't be nearly as good a player when he starts to decline athletically. He has no real offensive game other than physical domination.

Perfectly said.

I'm pretty sure Dwight would've won a championship in '09 had he been playing next to another All-Star or at least a 6"10+ vet at the 4 like Duncan and Robinson. But teams have to give up their talented size to get him, so it's kinda counterproductive and I don't ever see him winning without a two-way frontcourt mate who isn't soft like the Laker dudes. If I were a GM, as ie said many times before, I don't give CP3 a thought. There's nothing more damaging than paying max to a guy wearing a suit. Jefferson next to Al would be nice, but not much more than with Millsap and the same Devin Harris. We need a great team top to bottom to compete with the Miamis, SAs, and OKCs of the world. Basically the same thing we've been needing for years. A great, young, non-injury prone borderline All-Star PG, with Al, Josh, and a beefy True Center who don't take no s&$t.

• Premium Member

Dwight. Hands down. He's a dominant big man - which should at least guarantee a finals appearance. He's one of the most marketable NBA faces...if not the most marketable. The Atlanta tandem of Smoove and Howard is just too much to resist. It would be an epic signing.

Al Jefferson is worse than what we have now.