• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lou Williams...

Devon

watched him play since he went to South Gwinnett HIgh School; and truthfully since his 7th & 8th grade years... We need to bring him home.

Louis Wiliams isn't worth blowing the 2013 cap space.

We could sign him for 1 year with the (wink, wink) promise that we'll re-sign him next year after we get Dwight and CP3. He'd be a perfect replacement for Teague - if he got moved to 6th man - off the bench in the event that Teague is traded to Orlando.

• Moderators

We could sign him for 1 year with the (wink, wink) promise that we'll re-sign him next year after we get Dwight and CP3. He'd be a perfect replacement for Teague - if he got moved to 6th man - off the bench in the event that Teague is traded to Orlando.

If we are going to get CP3, we would have to renounce him anyway so I don't think he would be interested in a 1 year deal and don't see how we could have him in 2013-14.

If we are going to get CP3, we would have to renounce him anyway so I don't think he would be interested in a 1 year deal and don't see how we could have him in 2013-14.

Let's bring in Hawksfanatic to open up the Pandoras box of how we can make it happen. If you renounce your rights to a free agent player does that mean that you cannot re-sign him?

No, just another undersized shooting guard....no more mini me backcourts

He'd be a killer weapon off the bench as a 6th man and a guy who could get us some instant offense when needed.

Pros: High usage, high assist rate, low turnovers, great off the benchCons: Inefficient shooter, smallI like him overall I think, but where would we even fit this guy in? Are we just going to stockpile small guards? I guess it's nice to have options, as long as those options aren't expensive.

who else is giving him a deal?Phoenix?C'mon man, on a 1-yr it'd at least be worth the attempt... He's a shooter, he's a scorer... He'd be incentivized to over-perform in a contract season... In a pinch he can play the point for a few mins...Gimme some negatives, I'm not being a homer, I really think the kid has talent, NBA-6th man talent slightly under a Jamal Crawford but certainly better than relying on a green rookie...Thoughts?

Pros: High usage, high assist rate, low turnovers, great off the bench Cons: Inefficient shooter, small I like him overall I think, but where would we even fit this guy in? Are we just going to stockpile small guards? I guess it's nice to have options, as long as those options aren't expensive.

We already have a lou williams in jeff.

who else is giving him a deal? Phoenix? C'mon man, on a 1-yr it'd at least be worth the attempt... He's a shooter, he's a scorer... He'd be incentivized to over-perform in a contract season... In a pinch he can play the point for a few mins... Gimme some negatives, I'm not being a homer, I really think the kid has talent, NBA-6th man talent slightly under a Jamal Crawford but certainly better than relying on a green rookie... Thoughts?

Only negative would be if signing him would truly mean it's impossible to get CP3 or another max FA to pair with Dwight and Smoove.

• Moderators

Let's bring in Hawksfanatic to open up the Pandoras box of how we can make it happen. If you renounce your rights to a free agent player does that mean that you cannot re-sign him? He'd be a killer weapon off the bench as a 6th man and a guy who could get us some instant offense when needed.

We could still resign him but not using bird rights so it would have to be the mini-mid-level exception, bi-annual exception or the MLE next year after a 1 year deal this season. Edited by AHF

We could still resign him but not using bird rights so it would have to be the mini-mid-level exception or the MLE.

I see, thank you for clarifying. He's probably worth the MLE and then some but maybe he'd take that next year with the chance to be part of a championship caliber team?

We could still resign him but not using bird rights so it would have to be the mini-mid-level exception or the MLE.

That's why I'm saying a 1-yr. deal, I'm not saying he'd take it, but it wouldn't kill our ambition and it would give us a proven talent / bargaining chip in a trade... Teams might want a guy like Lou at the deadline to solidify a 2nd unit...

We should be looking at SF who can play spot mins. We already have a 6th man.

That's why I'm saying a 1-yr. deal, I'm not saying he'd take it, but it wouldn't kill our ambition and it would give us a proven talent / bargaining chip in a trade...

Teams might want a guy like Lou at the deadline to solidify a 2nd unit...

It is not that easy giving young proven players one year deals. Edited by GameTime

It is not that easy giving young proven players one year deals.

When said player has been dying to come home and play for the Hawks I think we'd have a little extra leverage... but generally I agree with that statement.

• Admin

Nick Young had to take a 1-year deal so it is doable.

6 million ... he is overpaid...probably the most one demensional player in the league and his shot selection makes Monte Ellis look like the greatest shooter in the world