• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard close to going to the nets

capstone21

No they won't. They couldn't give a crap about Hump's value as far as what they are asking for after that. The NJ deal is dead on arrival unless some team takes on a major salary like Hump. That is what NJ is willing to pay for - Dwight Howard. NJ is paying for cap space. You have to pay a premium for cap space so NJ is willing to give up a first rounder to do that. Coincidently, that is exactly what we will have long-term as part of the JJ trade. Not sure this ends up happening but we'll see.

Again and I can't say this enough. If you read the article, they say they are signing and trading Hump to Cle then a "resigned" Lopez to Orlando. Can't be done or this would be done or they would have sent them both to Orlando. Additionally, Humphries is free to go wherever the money is and right now there are 2 or 3 teams with more money to offer for a good PF. Ask yourself "Why?" would Hump go to CLE.....lot's of money. So ask yourself this...why / how would CLE pay that much for Humphries?

I don't see the Nets winning any titles with or without Howard.

They have a very good shot at pulling it off. Nothing is a sure thing... As we saw last year with Dallas taking out Miami. And old ass Boston almost making the finals, but they have a good shot. I'd rather LA get him than Brooklyn. I don't like The Nets, Knicks or New York for that matter.

They have a very good shot at pulling it off. Nothing is a sure thing... As we saw last year with Dallas taking out Miami. And old ass Boston almost making the finals, but they have a good shot. I'd rather LA get him than Brooklyn. I don't like The Nets, Knicks or New York for that matter.

The Mavericks only won that title because Lebron hadn't figured out how to play yet. If you took this year's Lebron and put him on that team I think it would have been a slaughter. I'm not saying it's impossible or anything, but I would be surprised if New Jersey wins a title. Edited by thefloydian

• Premium Member

Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA

RT @GrownManFB: I wonder what the #HAWKS are offering? ---> Told it was most of the luggage from the Joe Johnson deal.

RT @EloyVazquezJr: is it me or a package of horford, teague and first rd picks more enticing ---> sure, but its never been offered.

Unclear what Hawks are really offering, as Hawks source deny emphatically that Al Horford has been offered to anyone

Insane that we aren't offering Horford. The ONLY way we get Howard in a trade plus have him resign is to pair him up with Josh and Horford is the only piece we have to get him.

RT @GrownManFB: I wonder what the #HAWKS are offering? ---> Told it was most of the luggage from the Joe Johnson deal.

RT @EloyVazquezJr: is it me or a package of horford, teague and first rd picks more enticing ---> sure, but its never been offered.

Unclear what Hawks are really offering, as Hawks source deny emphatically that Al Horford has been offered to anyone

LOL told you guys we did not offer jack squat

Insane that we aren't offering Horford. The ONLY way we get Howard in a trade plus have him resign is to pair him up with Josh and Horford is the only piece we have to get him.

Perhaps.....and I'm only taking a shot in the dark here.....Perhaps Ferry is hearing exactly what Dwight has only been saying forever....that he's not interested in the Hawks?

Perhaps.....and I'm only taking a shot in the dark here.....Perhaps Ferry is hearing exactly what Dwight has only been saying forever....that he's not interested in the Hawks?

true

I don't know how many times this exact conversation has happened in the last few days, but why do any of you think the Hawks are going to trade the whole team for a rental?
  • Like 1

I don't understand a lot of the people on this board. Of course it was a salary dump. And it was a smart one. Whether or not Howard signs with the Hawks, Joe Johnson's contract had to go. The Hawks were going nowhere with that team and it was only going to get worse. Trading one of the only remaining good players for 1 year of Dwight Howard would be idiotic.I don't know what kind of weird fantasy you guys have, but the only semi-realistic expectation was that Howard would sign the following year.

Edited by thefloydian

I don't understand a lot of the people on this board. Of course it was a salary dump. And it was a smart one. Whether or not Howard signs with the Hawks, Joe Johnson's contract had to go. The Hawks were going nowhere with that team and it was only going to get worse. Trading one of the only remaining good players for 1 year of Dwight Howard would be idiotic. I don't know what kind of weird fantasy you guys have, but the only semi-realistic expectation was that Howard would sign the following year.

Never said I did not like the dump...I love it lol I have been saying all this time ASG did not have the cahonies to do this , or the interest- I have been saying it is not gonna happen and they are offering trash for D12..I was right lol

Never said I did not like the dump...I love it lol I have been saying all this time ASG did not have the cahonies to do this , or the interest- I have been saying it is not gonna happen and they are offering trash for D12..I was right lol

So do you think they should trade Horford for a 1-year Howard rental?

I heard that we are not even offering al horford which is probaly a big reason we havent been in any serious trade discussions

No way are we going to get Howard without offering Horford in a deal. Just... No way. It's not even reasonable to expect it.

We cant win the whole thing without Howard- C Horford-SF Josh-SF Everyone is Small, U go BIG! 101 dam Horford is in my Sig for a reason! Edited by iDash

We cant win the whole thing without Howard- C Horford-SF Josh-SF Everyone is Small, U go BIG! 101 dam Horford is in my Sig for a reason!

Having Dwight Howard on your team makes up for any lack of size you might otherwise. have. That's kind of why he's so good. Smith is better than Horford. Edited by thefloydian

Joe Johnson is no Paul Pierce, Wallace is no Lebron James. With iso-Joe, Wallace who can't score on his own, they will simply be the NY knicks II. However, Deron Williams to Dwight will be good but not enough for a ring.

I wouldn't even call Wallace a poor man's Josh Smith at this point.