• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darko goes Unclaimed through the Waiver Wire

MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

I wouldn't mind signing him for the min.

He is not great but he is not bad either. He can rebound and defend and brings some size.

We are talking about a guy who got benched in Minnesota after a stretch where he made like 1 field goal in 6 games and that posts per 36 min averages of 8.2 rebounds a game right? Thanks, but I'll pass, we can sign any other scrub Center as far as I'm concerned, but as a lifelong fan of a franchise more often associated with massive draft blunders and mismanagement than success I would like us to avoid having perhaps the worst #2 pick in the history of the NBA in our team.

• Premium Member

There is a good reason he fell through the wire. Everytime Darko's name is mentioned, anywhere in the world, an alarm should sound off and Joe Dumars should be backhanded slapped, then followed with the open hand.

Ok, now that was funny!

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading an article about players who have the same number of championships as Lebron when I came across this little gem.

Darko Milicic – 2003-04 Detroit Pistons

Detroit’s Human Victory Cigar was picked over Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in the 2003 draft, and the Pistons have been mocked ever since. Still, he was the first guy in the class to take home an NBA championship ring, logging five total minutes in the 2004 finals and collecting two rebounds and a steal in the Pistons upset win over the Lakers. He’s bounced around on four different teams since, making his biggest mark as the punch line of that talented ’03 draft class.

I had to laugh because the "first to get a championship" is pretty funny.