• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC article - New Era Begins

thecampster

http://blogs.ajc.com...fid=blogs_hawks

It’s telling that when Ferry is asked about free agents, he usually comes back to trades.

“There should be options but it’s also not all going to happen on July 15,” he said. “We have through to the trade deadline and we will continue to build on our team.

Assuming Al/Josh aren't going anywhere.

We currently have Zaza and Teague available to trade, at about 7.5 million in value.

Big things here. Currently we have acquired the following players via trade this year.

Harris

Morrow

Petro

Williams

Korver

About 16.8 million in assets to move

These are all movable right now in 1 for 1 deals. However, these can all be packaged starting between Sept 10 - 15.

Via Sign and trade

Stephenson

He will be available after Dec 15 to trade. 2.3 million in value.

Current room under the LT 5 million.

By Sept 15 we will have 24.3 million in salary we can move. By Jan 1....another 10-13 ish. I'm having no problem trusting Ferry at this point.

• Like 2

Yup, Ferry is setting up to be a mover and shaker, not only now, but as the season develops. I think he has a plan for what players he an acquire and is working on making that happen. I still think Dwight is the first target, but that shoe contract is going to be hard to overcome. Maybe he needs to call Nike instead of the Magic...

Not to be picky but Dwight's an ADIDAS guy, calling Nike would be futile unless it were about CP3 & Jumpman.

Thanks for the correction, but sentiment is still the same. Ferry should talk with Adidas about getting the same, or similar bump in DH's contract. Obviously this is pie in the sky as the merchandising buying public in NYC and LA are greater than ATL, but maybe there is something that could be worked out.

• Moderators

Thanks for the correction, but sentiment is still the same. Ferry should talk with Adidas about getting the same, or similar bump in DH's contract. Obviously this is pie in the sky as the merchandising buying public in NYC and LA are greater than ATL, but maybe there is something that could be worked out.

Adidas has Josh in Atlanta. Why would they want two of their endorsement athletes playing for the same team? In order to come to Atlanta, Dwight would have to f*** a lot of people over and his reputation is already in the tank right now... He has already said he would sign long term in LA if traded there, is he going to say that statement and then turn his back on the Buss family and Kobe too? I don't think so. Not saying Dwight will retire a Laker, but he'll be there at least the next 5 years. The only other way I see Dwight making it here is if he has to take a year off for his back issue and no one trades for him... I'm praying for Dwight to come home, I am just having issues seeing it happening.

Has to get respect of other gm's and hopefully players in time He has my confidence as well

All of the media have said that Ferry is already a respected GM from his days in Cleveland. He knows all the other GM's and Josh has already taken to him quite well. I don't believe league-wide respect is a problem for him and I have faith that he knows what he is doing. I believe that even if his Plan A in Dwight falls through, that he has Plan B and C lined up and ready to go. Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Adidas has Josh in Atlanta. Why would they want two of their endorsement athletes playing for the same team? In order to come to Atlanta, Dwight would have to f*** a lot of people over and his reputation is already in the tank right now... He has already said he would sign long term in LA if traded there, is he going to say that statement and then turn his back on the Buss family and Kobe too? I don't think so. Not saying Dwight will retire a Laker, but he'll be there at least the next 5 years. The only other way I see Dwight making it here is if he has to take a year off for his back issue and no one trades for him... I'm praying for Dwight to come home, I am just having issues seeing it happening. All of the media have said that Ferry is already a respected GM from his days in Cleveland. He knows all the other GM's and Josh has already taken to him quite well. I don't believe league-wide respect is a problem for him and I have faith that he knows what he is doing. I believe that even if his Plan A in Dwight falls through, that he has Plan B and C lined up and ready to go.

Dwight isn't a Laker yet, and the only way he can resign with them and retire a Laker is if this deal goes through. Right now, it doesn't not appear this deal is going to happen. Cleveland isn't going to take on bad contracts and Andrew Bynum and then lose Bynum to free agency next summer, and Orlando isn't going to take Bynum. Orlando just wants high draft picks and someone to take Hedo and Richardson off their hands.

It’s telling that when Ferry is asked about free agents, he usually comes back to trades.

“There should be options but it’s also not all going to happen on July 15,” he said. “We have through to the trade deadline and we will continue to build on our team.

Wow, what an insight. Would have nothing to do with no more capspace and the full MLE already being used up now would it? Of course he's going to keep mentioning trades.