• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many games better is NJ really?

I'm looking at their roster and I'm scratching my head a bit.The Nets were 22-44 last year. That's a 27 win team in a normal year.I took a second and looked at what they had. I used as an example a few games in January.They startedWilliamsMarshonWallaceHumphriesShelden WilliamsSo swap Lopez for Williams and Joe for Marshon. I get that.Then I look at the bench, they lose Morrow, Farmar, Petro, Williams, Williams and I wonder how much of an improvement they really made. I think they gain 10 points a game on the starters as Joe, Lopez will take shots from Wallace/Humphries but they gain some on the starters, but I think the bench is worse. I'm just wondering if they're 28 games better (50 wins). Enough to equal the Hawks. I just don't think its as much as people think. Also, they're so dependent on Williams. If anything happens to him, they're done.

• Moderators

I think they are a 45 win team. They have the #1 backcourt in the league right now, but, behind Humphries and Lopez, they are weak at those positions. They will get beat up when they play LAL, SAS, and maybe a few other teams. DET & even our beloved Hawks may have easy street against them. Joe will be better in a Nets uni from this point forward than he would have been in a Hawks uni.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Brooklyn's incrementally better (less than 5?), but only due to a more complete starting lineup. Hump and Lopez will score bunches but give up a ton as well. And that bench beyond Marshon Brooks is just ick. They will need a LOT of defensive production from Crash that I'm not sure he'll be able to provide over the course of 80+ games. Avery has his work cut out for him.~lw3

• Moderators

They will be much better. Remember in addition to the improved roster that there will be an improved attitude. That team was going no-where last season playing before unhappy crowds in NJ and every player on the team knew it. This year they will actually believe in themselves and play in front of jazzed crowds in Brooklyn. The morale boost and its effect on things like commitment to playing hard will be another area that translates to an improved record. Top 5 sounds right to me barring injuries.