• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kiffin: Once a d-bag, always a...

AHF

• Moderators

Kiffin has resigned from being a USA Today pollster in the Coach's polling, presumably because he was caught lying. The only votes in the coach's poll that are public are the ones that comprise the final poll of the season. However, if a coach publicly lies about how he votes then they will release information to correct the record. Kiffin sensed an opportunity to lie to yet another audience with being caught and didn't realize they would correct the record. I definitely get why kids would want to go to USC but I can't understand why any parent would want this guy in charge of their kids. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-08-12/lane-kiffin-gives-up-vote-in-coaches-poll/57018704/1

Southern California football coach Lane Kiffin has decided not to continue as a member of this year's voting panel for the USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll. The decision comes days after Kiffin told news reporters he would not vote his team No. 1 in the poll, when in fact, he did. Kiffin was told last week by reporters that Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez had voted the Trojans No. 1. "I would not vote USC No. 1, I can tell you that," Kiffin then said. A coach's vote is normally kept confidential until the final poll of the regular season under an agreement between USA TODAY Sports and the AFCA. But when a voter volunteers false or misleading information about his vote in public, then USA TODAY Sports, in its oversight role as administrator of the poll, will correct the record to protect the poll's integrity.

• Moderators

All those programs are so dirty in division I. It really is a pick your poison type of deal.

I would take a different poison. Kiffin's track record as a head coach is a train wreck:

[*]Poor performance for Oakland and fired for performance and ethical issues.

[*]UT performance under Kiffin sucked and he left under atrocious circumstances - NCAA violations, stealing UT recruits on his way out, embarassing the university both while there and then with the way he left, etc.

[*]USC. Best of the lot - good performance on the field with continued but a slower pace of issues off of it (USC assistant quits after admitting paying $1,500 for recruiting trip under Kiffin while both at UT involving Will Lyles; Kiffin lies to the press about his voting).

You have to get pretty bad to make a UGA alum feel earnestly bad for the University of Tennessee.

Edited by AHF

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Glad everyone is calling BS on the supposed "rogue" student manager who deflated footballs "without the knowledge of any of the coaches or players." Yeah. I am so sure the kid deflated balls during the biggest game of the season for USC without anyone knowing or having any idea whether that would be a good or bad thing for the team. That makes much more sense than the same coach who had people change jerseys during a 40+ point win to confuse the opponent for a trick play seeking an edge against the best team his guys will play this year.

Glad everyone is calling BS on the supposed "rogue" student manager who deflated footballs "without the knowledge of any of the coaches or players." Yeah. I am so sure the kid deflated balls during the biggest game of the season for USC without anyone knowing or having any idea whether that would be a good or bad thing for the team. That makes much more sense than the same coach who had people change jerseys during a 40+ point win to confuse the opponent for a trick play seeking an edge against the best team his guys will play this year.

He seems to be a Bobby Petrino type, except for, you know, actual success on the football field. What has this guy ever done to go from premier job to premier job? Aside from lying, cheating and burning every bridge on his way to mediocre results, that is.

• 3 weeks later...

I was really hoping that they got rid of him but doesn't look like its going to happen...oh well