• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't get discouraged Hawks fans, a championship caliber team is on the horizon. With/without D12 & CP3

ATLscrubLove

• Premium Member

1. Harden will sign a max deal2. Ibaka is like Smith ......a help defender3. Horrors, not the fans says he wants to play PF. He is not happy he keeps getting ignored on this.4. I agrees that HS is now settling for middle of the pack.5. I support Ferry and I hope he brings in a superstar, and surrounds that player with a good roster.6. We have no one close to being a star.7. Tereke Evans is a very good player, we need to pursue him.

• Moderators

7. Tereke Evans is a very good player, we need to pursue him.

He has all the physical talent, but I worry he is more of an inefficient chucker and doesn't have even a good feel for team basketball.

Free agency is great and all, but we're almost certainly geared up to make a trade. Honestly, I think we're more likely to trade for Chris Paul than sign him. Failing Chris Paul, there are some other good options out there.Aldridge, for one, might want out when Portland struggles (he's another PF, but him, Smith and Horford actually fit ok on paper). He's on a great contract. The Bulls might deal Noah or Deng for cap relief. Gallinari or Iguadola might become available from Denver. Bogut, Gortat, Nene. It's a pretty long list of posssible gets on nice contracts. We should keep an eye out West. One of those stacked teams will miss the playoffs and might want to tank a little bit (I want Marc Gasol on this team so bad...). If we snag a couple of players on good contracts for expirings, we still will have plenty of cap room.Also, this is a side note, but failing Curry and Paul at PG next summer, Bo McCalebb is gonna be real sick if he comes over from Europe.Edit: One more random thought. The Hawks could really use a star. But the fans will start showing up if we have some playoff success. We don't need a superstar to make the ECF, and we could get the support of the fans and free agents if we make it to the ECF.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Paul wanted to come here when that was the top draft position he could hope for and he wanted to go as high as he could in the draft. I don't see that really carrying over to FA in a meaningful way.

Thing is no one is guaranteed at building a contender in basketball. You can have a great plan and strategy, but if you don't end up with two top 15 players or one top 3 player there really is little chance of fielding a contender. Good teams don't win titles even if they do everything right. NBA is superstar or bust, and it's difficult to control if you get one or two of those guys.We all have to realize this going into our restructuring. We can do most everything right and still end up being a good playoff team that loses in the 2nd round every year.

• Moderators

No Ilbalka. He signed an extension.

Good. He would have been a huge mistake for this team. Not at all what we need. Perhaps it will help set the market for Smoove at a similar level as well.

Good. He would have been a huge mistake for this team. Not at all what we need. Perhaps it will help set the market for Smoove at a similar level as well.

I like Smoove, but I really think he's gonna end up getting overpaid. I just hope it's not by us.