• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's the reason Anthony Morrow or John Jenkins should start at the 2 guard....

JTB

Looking at this roster I realize that a lot of players we have will likely not play! Not because they arent talented enough but we have alot of players at the same positions and TALENT shouldnt be wasted but because LD who I do like as a coach has never shown a way of giving out minutes all around i know somebody will not be playing....

Now the main reason I believe Jenkins or morrow should start is because I think these guys would be far more effective in starting a game rather than coming off the bench in a game.

I guess Im saying that I rather have a mean and nasty bench than one that will be conservative.

So this is just my thinking of how LD should go about starting and the minutes of this newly hawks roster.....

--------------pg-teague

--------------------sg-jenkins or morrow

Personally I pick jenkins cause I think the rook has more of a chance to be effective than morrow. whoever starts i expect them to play about 10 or 20 minutes a game and maybe play the first 6 minutes of the game get subbed out for lou and then come in for lou as he fatigues through out the game

----------------------------------------------------sf-smith

(deal with it)

---------------------------------------------------------------pf-horford

------------------------------------------------------------------------------c-zaza

~All of these starters except jenkins or morrow should get atleast 30 to 35 minutes a game and depending on well teague does he might split minutes with harris which has been said for a while now, but i think teague controls that out coming based off his performance

now the bench should go as......

----------------- pg-harris

teague controls his destiny of minutes unless he just flat out shows out

----------------------------sg-lou

lou will more than likely get starter minutes and eat up either jenkins or morrows minutes. no surprise here.

-------------------------------------sf-stevenson

nasty mean tough player that will def make his presence on the court

-------------------------------------------------------pf-ivan

same as stevenson...tough ass player

c- i seriously dont know but im guessing petro for now

Ok so what about korver?

I figured that korver should be our only spot man. now that doesnt mean he doesnt play but much like lou williams will eat up all the sg minutes from either morrow or jenkins. I say korver will eat up or spit minutes with stevenson. The reason i picked korver as a spot man is because he has the lesser skill set out of all our one dimensional players! Morrow and Jenkins arent good defenders or very atheletic but compare them to korver skills and they both beat him.

This is no hit on korver cause im sure ferry loves the guy but I say he plays spot minutes and eat up stevenson minutes when we are in need of more offense than defense.

So based off who starts between morrow or jenkins...what happens to the other guy?

If it were me I would start jenkins some games and then start morrow some games until i see a drastic improvement and one be crowned starter. now since lou is going to really damn near eat all these minutes and basically get starter minutes, if LD did the lineup I wrote above there will more than likely just be an odd man out! I hate to say it but we as hawk fans know thats whats going to happen! Either jenkins will play or morrow will play. LD could use them for spot minutes but in my opnion the rookie wont do well in spot minutes and i have seen morrow play in spot minutes before or coming off the bench and he is way better starting.

Why did i pick this bench for the main backups?

Serioulsy guys this bench is tough! Stevenson is no punk! Ivan is no punk! and even Harris got some balls too! I mean this bench has attitude! and thats why they will more than likely do better than to have player like morrow, jenkins, and korver as being the main people coming off the bench! Its about the attitude this bench of harris, lou, stevenson,ivan and whatever center (lol) behold! That can be a BIG help come playoff time!

Why cant someone besides jenkins or morrow start at sg?

because then these guys are a waste! I mean the rookie wont get a ton of minutes now that lou is here and i have seen morrow come off the bench and he really aint that great so i say we give these players a chance to compete at eachother for the sg spot or we just mix it up between them on who will start and who wont!

Neither of these guys arent like korver to me as far as performance goes. korver came off the bench in chi town many times playing spot minutes and situational minutes and he knows how to be effective in that role. morrow doesnt and with the rookie its really no telling.

So start them...eventually make one of them the main starter and build their confidence and maybe they will become a solid 2 guard.

other than that i say we should also consider making sure we keep a bench with an attitude!

thoughts?

• Moderators

My first thought is I don't expect all these guys to be on the roster at the start of the season but you never know. I expect a couple to get swapped for another SF. But in the event that doesn't happen:I think starting lineup has to be Teague/ Harris/ Josh/ Al/ Zaza. You heard Ferry. He believes in guard centric teams. 'why not throw your best guys out there' he said. I know he isn't the coach but Teague and Harris are the two best guards on the team.Bench: Williams, Korver, Stevenson will be the main guys off the bench. This means that Josh, Al, and Zaza are subbing for each other in a frontcourt rotation when Stevenson and Korver are playing.Maybe i'm discounting Morrow too much but this is how it feels to me. Jenkins I think will get rookie minutes. I hope i'm wrong but he will have to guard some of the best players in the league. I can't imagine he's ready for that now.

My first thought is I don't expect all these guys to be on the roster at the start of the season but you never know. I expect a couple to get swapped for another SF. But in the event that doesn't happen: I think starting lineup has to be Teague/ Harris/ Josh/ Al/ Zaza. You heard Ferry. He believes in guard centric teams. 'why not throw your best guys out there' he said. I know he isn't the coach but Teague and Harris are the two best guards on the team. Bench: Williams, Korver, Stevenson will be the main guys off the bench. This means that Josh, Al, and Zaza are subbing for each other in a frontcourt rotation when Stevenson and Korver are playing. Maybe i'm discounting Morrow too much but this is how it feels to me. Jenkins I think will get rookie minutes. I hope i'm wrong but he will have to guard some of the best players in the league. I can't imagine he's ready for that now.

Well your close enough to what I said. Except you didn't include morrow or Jenkins at all and that may happen. If it does what a waste of 2 roster spots

• Moderators

I'd take Morrow to start over Jenk just because I think Morrow has proven he can play in this league. I'd hate to just throw Jenkins to the wolves, especially this season where we are clearly taking a step back. Morrow had a 42 point night and has a more all around game than Jenkins at this point. I'd like to bring Jenkins off the bench for 15 minutes a game and let him get his feet wet. I do hope he can start for us in the 2013-14 season though.

Let's turn things around. To me, it doesn't make that much

difference who starts, the real question is, who finishes?

Who will be on the floor when the game is close and the clock

is under five minutes and running down?

The old expression, "Where the rubber meets the road" applies

here. Which Hawks will be set to take that last few shots? Who

can we count on not to have silly turnovers that would cost us?

Three or four of the five may be guessed at pretty closely but, who

has the hot hand tonight, may decide the other one or two.

• Moderators

Good point. This is what Lou Williams is here for in my opinion.

this is a good point but my theory is that you have to mold one of your young players or one demensional players into a solid starter. Of course the best lineup is lou at sg, zaza at center and the rest is teague,smith, horford but we didnt get a bunch of young players not to develop. Maybe I want them to develop too quickly but I know they cant develop at all unless they get a chance to start!

put them on the bench and they will never see the floor! LD is a good coach but he doesnt monitor minutes the best. therefore if he lets one of them start they get their feet wet even if they dont play a whole lot in the games...atleast they are playing every game instead of playing 10 minutes here and dont see another game until five games after that!

The hawks have never done players right on giving them a shot or developing them! (Acie Law comes to mind). To be honest still to this day I could never figure out why bibby was ahead of teague! Teague isnt great....yet! and he may never be but at this point and even when he was a rookie he was better than bibby!

Just saying we shouldnt be wasting talent.....this may be a need of a coaching change.

I'd take Morrow to start over Jenk just because I think Morrow has proven he can play in this league. I'd hate to just throw Jenkins to the wolves, especially this season where we are clearly taking a step back. Morrow had a 42 point night and has a more all around game than Jenkins at this point. I'd like to bring Jenkins off the bench for 15 minutes a game and let him get his feet wet. I do hope he can start for us in the 2013-14 season though.

i with your opnion of morrow but the part of jenkins getting 15 a game...i honestly have to say it wont happen unless he starts! I watched LD on what he did with teague! he will do the same to jenkins! again i do like LD but the man dont sub players that are less talented in. so if morrow or jenkins starts atleast they play in every game even if its for 6 or 7 minutes...keep them fresh instead of waiting to playoff time and our starters and main bench players get into foul trouble and then putting these guys in expecting them to play like they been playing all season!

First thought is the top of the lineup. We do not have a bonafide backup behind Zaza. Thus Zaza is the backup center. Lou with Harris coming of the bench could be nasty, I like that combo. I like the leadership piece at SF with Stevenson along with Josh and Al. So, Morrow has the 2 position to lose. I want Jenkins to find his way, no starter job given to him before earning it (ala Marvin). So with Lou and Harris bring in the noise with Zaza and hopefully Ivan.As it settles Morrow or Korver will probably moved at some point if Jenkins shows a baller.TeagueMorrowStevensonJoshAlHarrisLouKorverIvanZaza

First thought is the top of the lineup. We do not have a bonafide backup behind Zaza. Thus Zaza is the backup center. Lou with Harris coming of the bench could be nasty, I like that combo. I like the leadership piece at SF with Stevenson along with Josh and Al. So, Morrow has the 2 position to lose. I want Jenkins to find his way, no starter job given to him before earning it (ala Marvin). So with Lou and Harris bring in the noise with Zaza and hopefully Ivan. As it settles Morrow or Korver will probably moved at some point if Jenkins shows a baller. Teague Morrow Stevenson Josh Al Harris Lou Korver Ivan Zaza

Off subject i know but that 2nd team could beat that 1st team on a lot of nights. Back court is much better. Teague is overrated at this point in his career. I believe he will develop but right now he gets way to much praise from you guys. Just sayin.

• Moderators

Off subject i know but that 2nd team could beat that 1st team on a lot of nights. Back court is much better. Teague is overrated at this point in his career. I believe he will develop but right now he gets way to much praise from you guys. Just sayin.

I'm disagreeing with that. This team might score some but it would be a layup drill for the opposition.

Harris

Lou

Korver

Ivan

Zaza

I kinda agree however, Harris is a better combo with Lou. Teague and Lou (together) are smaller and may not be able to defend many of the two's in this league. Lou is the bench beast and is a reason Teague starts. Another reason is for Teague to develop he may need to start to give him the confidence edge. Morrow and Teague's upside needs to be exploited as quickly as can to strengthen their tradabilty. At the end of the game, AL, Josh, Harris and Lou will probably be on the court. But setting the table with Teague and Morrow may bring dividends in February. Edited by Swatguy

I'm disagreeing with that. This team might score some but it would be a layup drill for the opposition.

Harris

Lou

Korver

Ivan

Zaza

In Dallas and New Jersey Harris was better than average defensively. Korver always gives up his body defensively. Lou is and athlete and defense is effort. Lou is fine.

Im for starting Zaza. I dont want to see Josh playing too much at that high elbow (PF spot). He (and the Hawks by extension) gets ridiculed too much on offense and abused on defense.

The defense and having Josh as the wing in transition obviously improves us. Also with Zaza in the offensive rebounding of he and Josh should mitigate any bricks Horford throws up from the elbow. If Josh is the 4 and he misses you have Horford and Korver/Stevenson crashing the boards. It hasnt worked in the past.

In the immortal words of Joe Johnson "

"Maybe," he said. "But you look at a jump-shooting team–we are a jump-shooting team. If shots are falling then, great, we are rolling. But one through five, we all are jump shooters. That’s pretty much what it is. Like I said, if we are making shots then we are probably unstoppable. But when we are not making shots those are the games we have to grind out."

Yeah Josh has nights where he does everything on defense rebounding and shooting. But I would like to see the Hawks try a big grind out team a bit. A lot more physicality please?