• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Royce White is still a head case

Blunt91

• Moderators

Sounds like the parties are finally in agreement. He's supposed to be in camp on Monday. http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/royce-white-finds-a-way-to-travel-without-anxiety/

“What the Rockets are doing is astronomically appreciated by me and should be by the mental health community.”

It's wild, but I'm not even disappointed at Royce for not being in camp yet. Nothing about Royce's disabilities were unknown in June. I'm disappointed in Daryl Morey and company for allowing it to get this far, where these details have yet to be hammered out (after three months) but are now out for unnecessary discussion in the public sphere while White needs to have been focused and participating fully in camp from the start. The minute they drafted Royce, they should have been working on this stuff (especially knowing any agreement had to be run through the NBA and NBAPA offices). The apparent fact that they hadn't made headway on these matters suggests to me they never planned on keeping him in the first place (Dwight trade bait?). Coach McHale made a comment pre-draft about not really wanting all these picks, and I think they drafted him (and others) thinking his talent would be tantalizing to a trading partner. Glad to see it's resolved for now, but it seems the priority for the Rox was hoping they could find someone else willing to make this their issue. ~lw3