• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another day, another ATL team choking in the playoffs

ATLscrubLove

I honestly believe this city is cursed. I know that the Braves were the team of the 90's but taking that into consideration they have Atlanta's only championship between all of our teams. The Falcons had a little run in 98 and choked at the Super Bowl. As for the Hawks I think we ALL know our situation. We have some really good teams here in Atlanta. In fact they are arguably some of the best teams in their respective sports. But they choke when It really matters. I'm really so sick of this happening every year with all our teams. What will get out teams over the hump? I really wish this city would win a title, any ATL team will do I don't care. Looks like this city could be up for Forbes "Most Miserable Sports City" for consecutive years.

• Like 2

Growing up in Atlanta, I have always learned to take the good with the bad when it comes to post season failures. It helps to a certain extent..For example, the Braves are now out of the playoffs, but as a result there is free student parking at Turner Field everyday. Granted it is not much, it is enough to simply get me to the start of the NBA season when I can get all optimistic again before having my dreams crushed.

Edited by SmooveZilla

The errors were the only thing that constituted choking. They are always bad with runners in scoring position and that call was just bad on the umpires fault. I wish they moved all teams out of Atlanta.

Last night's display was an example of many things as it pertains to the fans throwing the trash onto the field. But the thing that stands out to me about it is frustration. Sure, the Braves squandered many scoring opportunites, just like much of the regular season for the past several years, and sure the errors are what ultimately did us in. But a little break/luck is always behind a team making it to the world series, superbowl, nba finals, etc. The fans display was bad but in a way, I was like this is fitting and sort of nice to see. It was like f*** it, we can't get a break and we're a little drunk and pissed about it. So f you umps and f u Braves. I honestly feel much of the trash throwing was just an outlet not only for the bad call but for a team that can seemingly never muster up enough guts to get over the top. It's sort of the old business as usual Braves mentality that was fostered by Cox and moreso now by Gonzales. We need a LaRussa to light a fire under this team. We've had too much talent over the years to only have one ring. It's ridiculous. This team and town for that matter, is too damn passive in it's attitude and support. Of course, I'm speaking in general terms.

The Lingere Football team will win a title next year. Gotta be some superior female athletes all throughout Metro Atlanta.As far as moving sports teams out of ATL, that isn't necessary. Just move some of them.Keep the Hawks in ATL, because it gives me a reason to come to the city ( other than the women ). Move the Braves to Nashville, and we'll give you the Predators of the NHL, since some of you miss hockey. Move the Falcons to Birmingham, since the Lingere team is coming to ATL. - Hawks- Predators- Dream . . ( even though they choked too this year )- Lingere teamWonder if the Hawks would receive top billing as the #1 pro sports franchise, if the Falcons and Braves were gone, and they had to go up against those teams listed above.

I don't think any of our teams will be moving anywhere. The only team that could is the Hawks but even then I really doubt it. I really don't like having to go to Atlanta to see games ( mostly Braves games ). Since the Braves are located next to the worst part of ATL. As for the Falcons and Hawks, they are in perfect location. Downtown is safe and easily accessible. Honestly if they would just clean up the city (south side) I think people wouldn't complain as much. I think a lot of people are scared of all the hobos.

Another day, another loser making superstitious claims.

Tell that to Cleveland. I'm not the loser, if I were I'd be playing for one of the Atlanta teams since they know how to do it so well. It's not superstition, it's facts.

I wish they moved all teams because I think ATL people would rather do other things with there time. I actually think the people are too smart to care about sports when you have so many more uplifting things that you can do. What is uplifting about sports in this town?

Baseball is still in the dark ages when it doesn't use technology to settle calls like last night. The call was a dsigrace

Baseball plays by there own set of rules. They are the outlaw sport of the major US sports

I don't think any of our teams will be moving anywhere. The only team that could is the Hawks but even then I really doubt it. I really don't like having to go to Atlanta to see games ( mostly Braves games ). Since the Braves are located next to the worst part of ATL. As for the Falcons and Hawks, they are in perfect location. Downtown is safe and easily accessible. Honestly if they would just clean up the city (south side) I think people wouldn't complain as much. I think a lot of people are scared of all the hobos.

Stop being so scary. Those "thugs" or "poor people" aren't paying attention to you when you go to Braves games. You talk like crime is a huge problem at Braves games. ATL Police is around that stadium, and there is little to anything going on when people leave the stadium anyway, because nothing has been built. If the stadium was in Gwinett Co., people still would make excuses to not go to games.
  • Like 2

And that's part of the reason I lost interest

Me too. Still love the Braves and always have but I am just checking scores online and it is the playoffs with games being played right now. Noah gets fined over 100K for calling someone a gay slur but the Braves coach gets basically nothing. I am not a advocate of the gay lifestyle but I am a also not a advocate of the outlaw culture that MLB has fostered over the years. Let's not talk about how so many HOF and MVP players are found to be cheating the game and fans with taking PHD's.

I was at the game and while I did not throw trash, I felt somewhat proud of our fans to be honest. That call was horrible but the trash throwing was due to a series of bad calls that didn't go our way. I think making a statement like we did is the only way to cause change. There obviously needs to be more instant replay on subjective play calls in baseball. Esp in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I was at the game and while I did not throw trash, I felt somewhat proud of our fans to be honest. That call was horrible but the trash throwing was due to a series of bad calls that didn't go our way. I think making a statement like we did is the only way to cause change. There obviously needs to be more instant replay on subjective play calls in baseball. Esp in the playoffs.

I think they were aiming for garbage cans. They were doing their best Larry Wayne Jones impersonations.