Hawks should have drafted Perry Jones over Mike Jenkins

Blunt91

• Moderators

Even if they refused to give up Brooks the fact that Ferry could not get him let's you know his moves thus far are overrated, he has not clearly won any transaction on the court, maybe with cap space, but not on the court. Did not win with his 1st rd draft pick and did not win on the court with either trade yet considering having a SF in Marvin might prove to be better for this team than having just another smallish PG who takes up a lot of salary and is very unreliable like Harris. Harris is this years Kirk.

Ferry hasn't lost any transaction on the court either. Harris' contract is up this year. that's the difference between Marvin and Harris, and i'd be surprised to see Harris still a Hawk in March. Harris is a means to an end. At the trade deadline Marvin will have no interest, but Harris will and he could turn into a younger, better player than Marvin.

We traded Marvin because he was expendable and Joe because his contract limited what we could do even more now under the new agreement. Those trades can't be evaluated yet because in effect they are finished yet. The players we received aren't the players we are looking for out of those trades. This is why being a GM is difficult.

• Like 3

Even if they refused to give up Brooks the fact that Ferry could not get him let's you know his moves thus far are overrated, he has not clearly won any transaction on the court, maybe with cap space, but not on the court. Did not win with his 1st rd draft pick and did not win on the court with either trade yet considering having a SF in Marvin might prove to be better for this team than having just another smallish PG who takes up a lot of salary and is very unreliable like Harris. Harris is this years Kirk.

Our 1st round daft pick has not played one meaningful game. Regarding trades and picks (except lottery picks) - you cannot determine a "win" for at least a year sometimes longer. For example the LA trade for Gasol, on the surface it looked like Memphis got squat - I would say Marc Gasol turned into something special for them. Harris is more productive than Marvin at their respective salaries and he EXPIRES after the season. You keep missing the point about our flexible going forward which is something we would not have the abilty to do and we would be the same team getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd round.

• Moderators

I'm fine with Jenkins and Scott. Jenkins will be our starting SG of the future. Mike Scott will be a great F off of the bench. That game tying three vs. the Spurs was clutch. That's the type of players the Hawks need. 2012 will be a draft to remember for the Hawks and with all of the cap space we will have next offseason, we very well could snag a FA SF or trade for Rudy Gay. Also, if DF goes after DH12 like everyone suspects, Smith will become our SF. Perry Jones has knee problems which spells a short shelf life in NBA. I'll take the next Ray Allen and good scorer in Scott over Brandon Roy's clone.

You are setting the bar way too high for our rookies. I am hoping Scott is on the roster in two years and I think Jenkins will be a valuable role player. I doubt either will ever be starters, let alone the next "HOF Ray Allen."