• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Drew so obsessed with Anthony Tolliver?

TheNorthCydeRises

3 - 16 FG . . . 19% FG2 - 8 3FG . . . 25% 3FG- Hasn't shot a FT- 7 total rebounds in 52 minutes of play ( at the PF position )- Has more fouls ( 4 ) than FG makes ( 3 )- 5.5 ppg . . 4.8 rebs . . per 36 minutesMaybe he's in a "funk". Or maybe he's just horrible.It's just 3 games though. And he's a shooter. So maybe he'll shoot his way out of this.Hopefully, this thread will have the same effect it had on Korver, and Tolliver will have a good game vs the Heat.

• Moderators

I have absolutely no explanation for why Tolliver is getting more minutes than, say, Anthony Morrow and Ivan Johnson combined. If he was effective on the boards at least I could rationalize it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

He spreads the floor and plays hard on D/hustles. I want more Ivan as well, but they both bring different qualities to the game.

He just seems inferior to Morrow at spreading the floor, inferior to Ivan with hard play/rebounding, etc. This is his 5th year in the league and he has never been effective. I'm not a fan but I will say that in his defense the depth of his sucking so far this year is out of character for his career (he is usually subpar rather than god awful) and is a product of small sample size.

He spreads the floor and plays hard on D/hustles. I want more Ivan as well, but they both bring different qualities to the game.

I would rather see Ivan - Ivan shot so far this season has been "pretty". Who brings all out D and hustle moreso than Ivan. Tolliver is playing 17 mpg averaging 2.7 pts and 2.3 rpg. I say give 5 of those minutes to Ivan who is avering 7.5 ppg and 3.4 rpg and bring Ivan's mpg to 15. Stretching the floor means squat if he cannot hit a shot. Stretching the floor also doesn't neccassarily mean to the 3-pt line. Ivan's 15 footer can also do that. He has been in the league 4 years compared to Ivan's one and their career averages are identical....plus I wanna see IVAN dunk again. Edited by JayBirdHawk

He just seems inferior to Morrow at spreading the floor, inferior to Ivan with hard play/rebounding, etc.

This is true, but Tolliver (in theory) gives you a bit of both. It's worth a try. We have a lot of new pieces on the team that Drew is trying to fit together. If Tolliver hasn't turned it around in a month and Drew hasn't changed up the rotation then there's cause for concern.

• Moderators

I say give 5 of those minutes to Ivan who is avering 7.5 ppg and 3.4 rpg and bring Ivan's mpg to 15.

That ignores the DNP-CD. Ivan is actually averaging 7 mpg because we have played 3 games, Ivan has been available for 3 games, and he has 21 minutes.

This is true, but Tolliver (in theory) gives you a bit of both. It's worth a try. We have a lot of new pieces on the team that Drew is trying to fit together. If Tolliver hasn't turned it around in a month and Drew hasn't changed up the rotation then there's cause for concern.

Tolliver doesn't give you either. He stretches the floor? Josh Smith was more accurate from 3pt range than Tolliver last season. (Josh shot 25.7% from 3pt range.) He gives you rebounding and hustle? Vladman was a better rebounder last season and he isn't known for doing much other than launching 3's. Heck, Kyle Korver is outrebounding him this season. It amounts to wasted minutes for me.
  • Like 1