• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks trade Josh Smith?

PaceRam

First of all - I have always been a huge fan of Josh Smith since the Hawks drafted him but I do think it is time for the Hawks to trade him (sooner than later!). I still think that Smith is a huge talent (one of the most athletic players in the League!) but I don't think he is going to reach his full potential with the Hawks. I think Smith needs a change of scenery with a team that can better utilize his talents and a Head Coach that can have better chemistry with him. With the right team and the right coach I think Smith will become a much better overall player and hopefully make the NBA Allstar game in the near future (but, probably not as a Hawk). I think it wii be to the best interest of both parties (Hawks & Josh Smith) that a trade happens in the near future.

As Josh Smith goes, so goes the Hawks. No, they will not

trade him. He is the highlight factory. He will play out the

year, carrying the Hawks to victory and defeat.

Then, he will demand top dollar as a free agent and a wanna-be

all star. Someone will see only the great things he does, and

we know that they are there, and offer him big $$$ to play for them.

Then, the Hawks will replace JJ's fat cat contract with one for Josh

or lose him for nothing.

Smith is great - awful, all at the same time. Should he go? Yes.

Will he go? No.

First of all - I have always been a huge fan of Josh Smith since the Hawks drafted him but I do think it is time for the Hawks to trade him (sooner than later!). I still think that Smith is a huge talent (one of the most athletic players in the League!) but I don't think he is going to reach his full potential with the Hawks. I think Smith needs a change of scenery with a team that can better utilize his talents and a Head Coach that can have better chemistry with him. With the right team and the right coach I think Smith will become a much better overall player and hopefully make the NBA Allstar game in the near future (but, probably not as a Hawk). I think it wii be to the best interest of both parties (Hawks & Josh Smith) that a trade happens in the near future.

The same thing has been said about Michael Vick, and it's the same every place he goes.

That's not true. There are teams that would love to have him

Sure people would love to have him but at what price? I wanted a snickers bar when I was in Cairo but I wasn't about to pay the equivalent of 2 dollars for it when I know it's worth 50 cents. It's been the issue for awhile, people think he's worth a king's ransom but he's not but then feel that it's not worth it then moving him for anything less. It's been repeated over again with this team and all of their "potential" Chills was moved for a 2nd rounder Marvin for an expiring Joe for a protected 1st and far future 2nd..... People reaaaaally need to temper what to expect back for Josh if he's moved.

I can't disagree more...Drew plays him like this is true but its not. We did play better in the 1 game he didn't play in if I'm not mistaken. We just need a better coach here plain and simple.

Josh is hot and cold. He's great & terrible, depending on which game we see. When he's great, the Hawks are great. When he's bad, Hawks are bad. Until something changes or he's gone, that's the way it will be.
  • Like 1

Panicking Hawks fans...after 4 games want to trade away the Most Exciting player we have on our roster for some average basketball player....This is why we never win anything in ATL...Get a good coach in here, try to get some size in the back court and move forward...The only way you trade Josh Smith is if he is in a package to get a Super Star..

Edited by wolvetigers

Panicking Hawks fans...after 4 games want to trade away the Most Exciting player we have on our roster for some average basketball player....This is why we never win anything in ATL... Get a good coach in here, try to get some size in the back court and move forward... The only way you trade Josh Smith is if he is in a package to get a Super Star..

Agreed 100%. Its to early in the season to be able to tell anything, and it is not like Ferry is going to just give him away. A superstar in return would have to happen for him to make a move.. And BTW.. wolvetiger, what a comeback by Michigan at the end of regulation.. Hell of a game!

Forget the superstar. Be realistic and go young. You guys propose senarios without giving an example of how to get it done. Trade Smith and build around Horf, JT and the young guys. Trade the serviceable expirings for picks and in two years we might have a winner.Show me your keep Smith and challenge for a championship senariosAs for the OP, I don't know, but if they have half a brain they'll move him. He talks about being a leader nearly every sentence in his interviews, but he can't even get himself under control.If we don't trade him, other teams will create abidding war and we will either over pay to keep knucklehead Smith or lose him for nothing.TRADE HIM

• Like 1

Forget the superstar. Be realistic and go young. You guys propose senarios without giving an example of how to get it done. Trade Smith and build around Horf, JT and the young guys. Trade the serviceable expirings for picks and in two years we might have a winner. Show me your keep Smith and challenge for a championship senarios As for the OP, I don't know, but if they have half a brain they'll move him. He talks about being a leader nearly every sentence in his interviews, but he can't even get himself under control. If we don't trade him, other teams will create abidding war and we will either over pay to keep knucklehead Smith or lose him for nothing. TRADE HIM

Let me get this straight...you want to go back 7 years and hope we get a #1 pick in a draft lottery...then hope that a star exist that could help us win. Is that your plan? Go back to 20win seasons...and the entire sports media will joke about how empty Phillips Arena is....remember those days, then be forced to overpay for a free agent just to be respectable... People we need to move forward and continue to build on what we have...Reload not Rebuild...I'm so glad Ferry is running this team instead of fickle fans....

Let me get this straight...you want to go back 7 years and hope we get a #1 pick in a draft lottery...then hope that a star exist that could help us win. Is that your plan? Go back to 20win seasons...and the entire sports media will joke about how empty Phillips Arena is....remember those days, then be forced to overpay for a free agent just to be respectable... People we need to move forward and continue to build on what we have...Reload not Rebuild...I'm so glad Ferry is running this team instead of fickle fans....

You don't have it straight. I want to go forward 2-3 years and build a Champion. Keep Horf, Teague, JJ, Scott, Ivan maybe Lou Will, trade everyone else. Look for 2 year expirings and picks. Our Fa year is moved back from next, where we arn't going to get a superstar a year or two, couple of good drafts. I think we can lock up between 4 and 6 first in this draft if we trade Smith, the useful expirings and Houston makes the playoffs. Trade up into at least 2 top picks. The fillers in the trades are 2-3 year expirings so that when we are entering our next window in 2-3 years we have cap space for a nice FA. Don't see what 7 years ago has to do with it
  • Like 1

Panicking Hawks fans...after 4 games want to trade away the Most Exciting player we have on our roster for some average basketball player....This is why we never win anything in ATL...

Get a good coach in here, try to get some size in the back court and move forward...

The only way you trade Josh Smith is if he is in a package to get a Super Star..

If most exciting is not getting you closer to a championship what's the use.