• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA recruiting news

coachx

Most UGA fans on here don't seem to be the die hard type. Here is some recruiting news on UGA.UGA is poised to close with 3 of the top 10 players in the country who are all 5 star players:L. Tunsil - LT - best left tackle prospect in a decade.M. Adams - 4-3 DT or DE in a 3-4 - Best 3-4 DE prospect in this class.R. Foster - ILB - best ILB prospect in years.They are also believed to be the leader for T. Johnson - the top JUCO DL in this class. He just tore his ACL but that is no longer considered a serious injury to a young player.They are believed to be the leader for the top rated "all purpose back" in the country (A. Kamara). Think Reggie Bush or CJ Spiller as comparisons.They just added 2 more committs this week:Juco WR M. Rumph who is 6'5'' / 215 lbs and ready to play in game 1. 4 star player.B. Langley - CB - Rivals top 250 recruit who flipped from Carolina last week. He is a big 6'1'' 190 lb CB. 4 star player.This will be the largest recruiting class in UGA's history. They already have 29 committs and are poised to d 5 - 7 more.Expect UGA to have 34 - 36 committs with at least 11 early enrollees. They will probably have 5 or 6 JUCO players to give some class seperation.Some may ask how can UGA sign over 25 committs ? There is an SEC rule where you can not have more then 25 committs per class. UGA is recruiting some smart kids who will enroll eary in January. They will have more then 11 early enrollees.............meaning they will count towards last years class if they enroll this school year. UGA had a small class last year. It was a top 10 class with elite talent but small in numbers. They had several early enrolles in last years 2012 class that counted toward the 2011 class (like Keith Marshall). Same this year for the 2013 class but on a much greater scale.UGA may or not may not win it all this year but they are setting themsleves up for greatness for years to come. This season will not be a flash in the pan. Expect UGA to compete for SEC titles for the next several years.Go DAWGS !

Edited by coachx

I thought Reuben Foster was verbal with Auburn? I do not see him decommitting unless The Chin is fired.But Montravius Adams looks like he will be a dog fight down to the end between UGA and Clemson, hopefully the Tigers perform better with this recruit than last years. Should be interesting though.

I thought Reuben Foster was verbal with Auburn? I do not see him decommitting unless The Chin is fired. But Montravius Adams looks like he will be a dog fight down to the end between UGA and Clemson, hopefully the Tigers perform better with this recruit than last years. Should be interesting though.

Foster is an Auburn verbal. B. Langley was Carolina verbal until he flipped. Foster is dissing the Iron Bowl to drive from Auburn to Athens for the early noon UGA/GT kickoff. I know he has the Auburn tattoo and all but you can cover that up or remove it. Foster was a UGA lean until he moved to Auburn last summer. His really connection with Auburn was Tropper Taylor and his $100 hand shakes. Troopers son is conincidentally his best bud at his new HS in Auburn. What better way to make quick friends at a new HS then commit to the hometown college that everyone in the HS loves ? Foster's life long best bud is Trey Matthews.......a UGA committ and top 100 recruit himself. They alwayse said they wanted to play together until Foster packed up and moved to Auburn b/c his HS coach got fird in GA. Fosters and Matthews will be in Athens together tomorrow for the GT game.....he could be at the Iron Bowl with his Auburn buddies hanging out with Tropper Taylor. I don't see Chiz keeping his job and no way Troopper Taylor is brought back. Auburn has not allowed Tropper to recruit off campus for a month now b/c the $100 hand shakes are catching up to him. It is well known VanGorder and Trooper hate each other. Trey Matthews tweeted UGA will be getting their 3rd committ this week. Many specualte that will be Foster. Every other time Trey make a tweet like that he has been right. The writing is on the wall in Auburn. I expect them to clean house by Monday. Chiz can't just fire his assistants b/c he is on such thin ice. Who in their right mind would jump in bed with him at Auburn going into next year ? Adams 1st loves were Auburn and Clemson. They were recruiting against the 3-4 defense and Adams bought into not wanting to play in a 3-4 system. Both Bama and UGA now seem to be at the top according to the most recent reports. They turned him on the 3-4 defense in that 3-4 DE are few and far between but 4-3 DT are every where. 3-4 NFL quality DE are hard to come by. Plus Adams mother, and girlfriend, fell in love with UGA during the Ole Miss Game. His mother has been quoted by multiple sources saying UGA is her favorite place. She loves CMR. Plus his GF has said UGA is the school she wants to attend. She was also there for the Ole Miss Game. Momma's love CMR. Winnning the mother over can be more important then winning the player over. It seems Adams is UGA to lose right now with Bama and Clemson still in the fight. Tunsil mother also loves him. Dabo needs to start recruiting the mothers a little better. Edited by coachx

John Atkins DT Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy 6'4" 310 5.2 3 stars 5.7 8/20/12 1 video Paris Bostick DB Tampa, FLPlant 6'1" 208 3 stars 5.7 8/13/12 4 videos Aulden Bynum OL Valdosta, GAValwood 6'5" 260 5.1 3 stars 5.7 4/6/12 2 videos Josh Cardiello OL Buford, GABuford 6'3" 280 5.6 3 stars 5.6 5/19/12 3 videos Reginald Carter LB Snellville, GASouth Gwinnett 6'1" 224 3 stars 5.7 4/9/12 2 videos Jordan Davis TE Thomson, GAThomson 6'4" 225 3 stars 5.7 7/29/12 Reggie Davis WR Tallahassee, FLLincoln 6'0" 159 4.5 4 stars 5.9 6/3/12 7 videos Leonard Floyd DE Chatham, VAHargrave Military Academy 6'4" 220 4 stars 5.8 8/20/12 1 video Shaquille Fluker DB Scooba, MSEast Mississippi C.C. 6'1" 205 4.5 3 stars 5.7 1 video J.J. Green ATH Kingsland, GACamden County 5'9" 186 4.4 3 stars 5.6 4/9/12 7 videos DeAndre Johnson DT Newnan, GANorthgate 6'3" 310 3 stars 5.7 2/28/12 1 video Rico Johnson WR Swainsboro, GASwainsboro 5'11" 170 4.4 3 stars 5.7 6/16/12 2 videos Tim Kimbrough LB Indianapolis, INWarren Central 6'1" 226 4.6 4 stars 5.9 7/13/12 5 videos Brandon Kublanow OL Marietta, GAWalton 6'3" 289 5.4 4 stars 5.9 5/23/12 7 videos Brendan Langley DB Marietta, GAKell 6'1" 188 4.6 4 stars 5.8 11/20/12 9 videos Uriah LeMay WR Matthews, NCButler 6'1" 181 4.5 3 stars 5.7 6/1/12 8 videos Tray Matthews DB Newnan, GANewnan 6'0" 194 4.7 4 stars 5.9 8/13/11 6 videos Quincy Mauger DB Marietta, GAKell 6'0" 197 4.5 3 stars 5.7 7/13/12 4 videos Chris Mayes DT Perkinston, MSGulf Coast C.C. 6'4" 315 3 stars 5.7 2/14/12 Shaun McGee LB Snellville, GABrookwood 6'3" 233 3 stars 5.7 7/16/12 3 videos Naim Mustafaa DE Alpharetta, GAAlpharetta 6'4" 235 4.7 4 stars 5.8 6/9/12 2 videos Johnny O'Neal LB Dublin, GAWest Laurens 6'2" 225 4 stars 5.9 3/24/12 4 videos Brice Ramsey QB Kingsland, GACamden County 6'3" 205 4 stars 5.8 7/15/11 10 videos Ryne Rankin LB Orlando, FLEast River 6'1" 231 3 stars 5.7 4/6/12 4 videos Jonathon Rumph WR Goodman, MSHolmes C.C. 6'5" 215 4.5 4 stars 5.8 11/21/12 1 video Tramel Terry WR Goose Creek, SCGoose Creek 6'0" 190 4.4 4 stars 5.8 3/6/12 5 videos A.J. Turman RB Orlando, FLBoone 6'0" 205 4 stars 5.8 11/13/12 4 videos Shaquille Wiggins DB Tyrone, GASandy Creek 5'10" 166 4.5 3 stars 5.7 2/10/12 8 videos Reggie Wilkerson DB Ocala, FLNorth Marion 5'11" 163 4 stars 5.8 4/14/12

Opps... That did not work out to well. But yeah, this is def one of our hugest recruiting years. Also, how many Georgia fans do you know on this site? And how would you know if they are die hard or not? I can tell you that College football and MLB are my favorite sports.http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/commitments/2013/UGA-68

I'm becoming a uga fan more and more everyday. Technically I'm a USC fan but that kind of happened by accident...I've never been into college football like that and it was because I just never felt that connection with any team, just didn't happen for me. I was born in tn but I hate I mean HATE UT so that wasn't happening. With USC it was more of me defending them than actually being a fan, growing up in sec country and liking a team not in the sec is tough, trust me. So it was really a defending kind Of fan hood more than really being a die hard fan thing. I liked uga as soon as I moved to atlanta just like I liked the hawks, braves, n falcons but it was that sec thing that was holding me back, just didn't want to be a part of it. But slowly they've grown on me especially after bein back here in tn around all these UT n alabama fans.....my fandom is growing

M. Adams was at the Clemson - Carolina game lst night. Much easier to make a 7:00 kickoff then it is a 12 noon kick off. Right now it seems to be UGA, Bama, and Clemson fighting it out. Sources at each school sound confident. Admas is surrounded by friends and family pushing UGA though. It was actually a UGA fan that drove him to Clemson yesterday. He has been to 2 Clemson games and 2 UGA games. He also made 2 trips to UGA before the season started. This one will probably be a signing day announcement. Hopfully he is at the Dawg GALA in 3 weeks where he can bond with current players and commits.

Opps... That did not work out to well. But yeah, this is def one of our hugest recruiting years. Also, how many Georgia fans do you know on this site? And how would you know if they are die hard or not? I can tell you that College football and MLB are my favorite sports. http://rivals.yahoo....nts/2013/UGA-68

B/c die hard Dawg fans live and breath recruiting. I rarely hear it discussed hear unless I bring it up. Georgia and Alabama football fans kind of bring die hard to a new level.............its been passed on for generation after generation. Kind of like how die hard pro fans really get into the draft. It was probably a poor choice of words by me. UGA got their 30th commit yesterday. Johnson is a 6'3'' JUCO safety. UGA is razor thin at Safety next year with only 1 scholarship safety on the roster after Rambo and Williams go pro. This makes our 5th commit at safety with 2 of them being experienced JUCO guys. True freshman Trey Matthews will probably be starting with on of the JUCO guys (Johnson, Fluker). Congrats to Bacari Rambo for breaking the all time INT record at UGA yesterday ! Edited by coachx

Of your list of current commits..............Atkins and Floyd were actually commits last year that did not qualify academically. They now can qualify and will be early enrollees in January..................meaning they can count towards last years class and start practicing for the bowl game............they cannot play in the bowl but it gives them a jump on being acclimated to the system.I believe UGA will have 11 early enrollees that can count towards last years class b/c it was so small. That will allow us to sign 36 this year with 11 of those counting toward last year.

• Moderators

When I lived in Georgia I would be able to listen to some of the radio shows on UGA recruiting but I have never been a recruiting die-hard. My recruiting news is now periodic updates on ESPN, etc. recruiting pages so this thread is great.Thanks to those contributing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Mighty Casey struck out on signing day. Hope we had enough already. With the sheer numbers, there are bound to be some very good players but it is hard to see this as anything but a low end result.

The most troubling aspect is how few of the top Georgia players stayed in state. When Georgia only lands 2 of the top 15 guys that is a recipe for being a second or third tier program. That had better not become a trend.

Thoughts?

It sucks Auburn came in late to take Adams. It was between UGA and Clemson for a long time. Then when Rodney Garner left UGA to go to Auburn, his alma mater, that helped Auburn alot. Garner had been the one recruiting Admas for UGA for well over a year and would have been his position coach. Auburn was not even in it for Adams until they hired Garner.

People in the "know" at UGA know Garner has his issues but he had been our recruiting coordinator for nearly 10 years. He had built relationships with all of our recruits. Luckily UGA was able to hang on to all of our commits but it hurt us come closing time.

Another thing that really hurt UGA with Adams was the constant rumors of Todd Grantham interviewing for NFL DC jobs with the Eagles and Saints. Rumors were swirling all week and that invites negative recruiting by other schools and is cause of concern with any recruit.

Losing Tunsil hurt more then anything. He was silent commit to UGA until last Thursday and had listed UGA as his favorite since last summer. Ole Miss made him offer he could not refuse. They did nothing illegal. The fact that Ole Miss is one of the worst academic schools in the SEC actually played in their favor. It allowed them to offer Tunsil's girlfriend and sister academic scholarships to attend Ole Miss. He could not pass that up for the betterment of his family. UGA can't hand those out since its so much tougher to get an academic scholarship at UGA then it is at Ole Miss. Tunsil also has some work to do in the class room. Getting cleared for Ole Miss will be easier then at UGA. It is what it is.

UGA is still in it for the top JUCO DL in the country.....Toby Johnson. He is announcing 2/19. Closing with him would help alot. He is wisely waiting until after signing day to see what truely happens with Todd Grantham. His top 3 are UGA, Auburn, and Miss St. Again, losing Garner hurt here b/c he would have been his position coach at UGA. Auburn was not even in it for TJ until they hired Garner. It was a UGA, Tennessee, and Miss St battle. Conveniently UGA hired Miss St's Co-Defensive Coordinator and Defensive Line coach to replace Garner......who already had a bond with TJ. Another issue with TJ is making the grades to get into UGA. That is why he is at a JUCO in the first place.

Posted Image

modawgatl18, on 16 Dec 2012 - 01:42, said:Posted Image

Really hope georgia can get foster seen the guy play some he played at troup the h.s i graduated from the man is a beast and as advertised as a freshman he was already playing like a five star recruit also

The Foster situation is a soap opera. He will turn 20 years old this year and has a 4 year old daughter. The mother of his daughter is not in the picture. Auburn got Foster's mother a good job in Auburn for him to move from Ga to Auburn last summer. Trooper Taylor son quickly became his friend and he hung out at Trooper house daily. He was as solif to Auburn as they can be before the coaching turnover.

Foster got in a fight with Auburn's center on a visit last Saturday. Auburn's center made a comment about "It sure would be stupid if you commit to Alabama with that Auburn tatoo on your arm." Yes he is the one with the big Auburn tatoo and looked to Tropper Taylor as his father figure. Foster and the center ended up fighting......then Foster left and went to Tuscaloosa that night when he was supposed to visiting Auburn the weekend before signing day. I know soap opera right ? I'm not even going to get into the Trooper Taylor stuff.

Bama then get his mom a better paying job at the Mercedes Plant which is fairly close to Tuscaloosa.

Now let me be clear.......there is nothing illegal about a school having a connection where a recruit's parent gets a job. It happens all the time. I am not saying any school cheated.

From a UGA perspective, they did want Foster but saw the writing on the wall that their chances were slim. We already had 4 ILB commits with three of them being 4 star players. So losing Foster really does not hurt like it did with Tunsil.

Back to Tunsil now.........Luckily UGA threw out a late offer to Richard Seymore's nephew (also his adopted son) who is an offensive tackle at North Gwinnett. Seymore quickly accepted it. He will probably have to go to prep school to get the credits needed to qualify for UGA...........UGA was his dream school. He was ready to sign with Auburn until he got a late offer from UGA. He missed the first half of the season with back spasms.....this cause his recruit ranking to dip from 4 star to 3 star. Once he healthy he dominated Dee Liner (nations #2 DE at the end of the season. Seymore is 6'6'' and 300 pounds. His potential is through the roof...............just have to worry about his back. He worked out all last summer with uncle / step father Richard Seymore) in California. Many think he over did it in these work outs that caused the back spasms. Hopefully he stays healthy b/c the kids potential and blood lines are there.

As a UGA fan its hard to cry about getting 32 commits with 15 four star players in the fold.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

It had completely slipped my mind that we lost Garner. So I am much less surprised that we failed to get the cherries for this class. I mentally lower the ceiling and the floor for this class so holding on to as much as we did after Garner left is a better accomplishment than the low side rating I mentioned.

We do need to put more of a fence around the state and keep our top players a bit better than UGA did this season, though. That is the starting point for being able to step up to an elite program.

I do hate losing out on an elite OL. It seems like we never end up with a dominant line.

• 2 weeks later...

UGA just got another 2013 committment yesterday from Toby Johnson (6'4'' 305 lbs). He was the former #1 JUCO player in the country until he tore his ACL last October. Most ranking sites have moved him back to the #4 JUCO player in the country since his ACL tear. He is a 4 star player by all recruiting services.

He is an elite talent who pushed his annoucement back to see what was really going on with Todd Grantham interviewing for an NFL HC job. He was a long time UGA favorite but was scared of the uncertainty with Grantham and took a visit to Miss St. and Auburn since signing day. UGA was able to hold on to him. He is an elite talent. He will probably not be ready to play vs. Clemson and South Carolina due to the ACL but when he gets healthy he will have 2 years of eligibility and should be very productive as a DE in a 3-4. He would be a DT in a 4-3 system. If he packs on 15 or 20 pounds we may see him at NT in UGA's 3-4 defense.

UGA's 2013 recruiting class now totals 33 players with 16 being 4 star prospects.

Edited by coachx