My problem isn't with Josh taking jumpers...

ATL_BALLER

...it's with Drew's sets that always end up with Josh on the perimeter taking the shot (most of the time, as the clock is expiring). Can't the coach design plays that don't put Josh in that scenario?

p.s. It's been awhile since I've been on - forgive me if this topic has already been broached (likely).

• Like 2

Does everyone blame the coach when something goes wrong? You guys are crazy. Can't you look out there and see him drift out there because HE wants toThat is the reason the "big" lineup doesn't play more because josh will shift out to the perimeter every time they are all out thereSheesh. Blame the coach is the EASY way out

• Premium Member

@ PF or @ SF, Birdbrain will be Birdbrain. He loves his own shot. He does a lot of amazing things but his 4th quarters are usually crap. Awful long jumpers at the worst possible timing, alley-oops to the guy in the second row, etc. Thank God we have Horford, the real MAN on this team.

Right now I would rather have the big lineup out there, for we would as least have a real PF and a real Con the floor. Playing Smith @ PF is just stupid now, given how small our backcourt is. Also, playing BIG would would ensure IVAN gets more playing time. None of our guards can rebound. Last night, Jeff, Lou and Harris got a grand total of 5 rebounds (90 minutes). IVAN alone had 4 in 16 minutes. Zaza 7 in 23.That's on Drew.

What's crazy is his penchant for jumpshooting is the biggest hinderance to his main goal of being voted to an All-Star game by the coaches. He's heard thousands of voices, near and far, specifically detailing this is why everyone around the league is iffy on him, and he continues full steam ahead anyway. Special player, I love the kid, but all the dots simply don't connect up there.

• Like 1

What's crazy is his penchant for jumpshooting is the biggest hinderance to his main goal of being voted to an All-Star game by the coaches. He's heard thousands of voices, near and far, specifically detailing this is why everyone around the league is iffy on him, and he continues full steam ahead anyway. Special player, I love the kid, but all the dots simply don't connect up there.

Spot on, my man.

I believe it was Jon Barry last night who mentioned that he'd like to see more sets drawn up that don't involve Josh being out there on the perimeter. I don't know that he's right and LD is drawing those plays up like that as Josh tends to drift outside more than our other players who play PF for us, be it Ivan or Al, but whatever it is it would sure be nice to see him concentrate on crashing the glass and scoring easier inside.

I believe it was Jon Barry last night who mentioned that he'd like to see more sets drawn up that don't involve Josh being out there on the perimeter. I don't know that he's right and LD is drawing those plays up like that as Josh tends to drift outside more than our other players who play PF for us, be it Ivan or Al, but whatever it is it would sure be nice to see him concentrate on crashing the glass and scoring easier inside.

It was Barryand like you said Al, Ivan, Zaza are not hanging out there and even if they are I have more confidence in any of them taking and making the shot than Josh.

It was Barryand like you said Al, Ivan, Zaza are not hanging out there and even if they are I have more confidence in any of them taking and making the shot than Josh.

Someone mentioned above (forgive me for being too lazy to go look) that even if the design of the play is for Josh to be out there, that doesn't mean the play is designed for him to shoot out there and I think that's a great point. He's a hell of a passer, probably the best PF in all of the NBA, and he showed last night with a couple of the jaw dropping plays that he made passing the ball that he could really help to get Al / Zaza or cutters some easy baskets if he'd pass from out there instead of shooting it.

Someone mentioned above (forgive me for being too lazy to go look) that even if the design of the play is for Josh to be out there, that doesn't mean the play is designed for him to shoot out there and I think that's a great point. He's a hell of a passer, probably the best PF in all of the NBA, and he showed last night with a couple of the jaw dropping plays that he made passing the ball that he could really help to get Al / Zaza or cutters some easy baskets if he'd pass from out there instead of shooting it.

Very true...Al is getting some easy looks right at the rim by setting a pick and moving right to the basket, Even Zaza is getting easy looks by moving without the ball although he sucks at finishing sometimes...pay attention Josh.

Very true...Al is getting some easy looks right at the rim by setting a pick and moving right to the basket, Even Zaza is getting easy looks by moving without the ball although he sucks at finishing sometimes...pay attention Josh.

Yeah that one pass to Zaza in transition (not sure who the passer was) would have been awesome if it had been Al or Josh finishing but Zaza is way too nonathletic to have been able to finish there and it ended up being a turnover. Then the other play by Zaza when he should have gotten someone an easy assist and he just blew 2 straight layups in a row before the end of the quarter was pretty bad as well.

Yeah that one pass to Zaza in transition (not sure who the passer was) would have been awesome if it had been Al or Josh finishing but Zaza is way too nonathletic to have been able to finish there and it ended up being a turnover. Then the other play by Zaza when he should have gotten someone an easy assist and he just blew 2 straight layups in a row before the end of the quarter was pretty bad as well.

thats zaza for you , the man i love to hate, sometimes its just painfull watching him goof up assist.like a truck going up hill with a clumsy gear shift.

• Like 1