• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know what happened last night

Gray Mule

Hawks had a big lead early in the 4th quarter. Knowing that this was

an excellent opportunity to give some floor time to his two rookies,

he put JJ and his buddy, our second round pick, in the game and they

lost the lead for us and almost cost us the game.

No. Wait. That's not what happened. It must have been something else.

I know. Despite the fact that our big men, Horford and Smith, drilled all

their free throws and that kept us in the game and into overtime.

Wrong again.

Just think. In the second overtime, JT finally decided, "Enough of this

crap." He took over. He hit his shots. He calmly buried his free throws.

If our big guns could hit their free throws, we wouldn't have been in

such a mess.

Man, that Piston's bench was great, wasn't it. Give them credit.

Posted Image

• Moderators

You are right. Teague finally took over and won the damn game. Bynum was killing us. My issues were why not go to a zone when Bynum is blowing by his man left and right. Lets face it he missed a bunch of layups too.

Why o why is Lou playing point when Teague is in the game. They ran that crap for a long time and it wasn't until Teague started bringing the ball up that we did something.

Horf and Josh missing clutch free throws was terrible. Nice to see Teague calmly throw them down. Josh airballing 2 3s in OT was pathetic. I've been defending the guy and he was beasting but geez what the hell.

Edited by macdaddy

You are right. Teague finally took over and won the damn game. Bynum was killing us. My issues were why not go to a zone when Bynum is blowing by his man left and right. Lets face it he missed a bunch of layups too.

Why o why is Lou playing point when Teague is in the game. They ran that crap for a long time and it wasn't until Teague started bringing the ball up that we did something.

Horf and Josh missing clutch free throws was terrible. Nice to see Teague calmly throw them down. Josh airballing 2 3s in OT was pathetic. I've been defending the guy and he was beasting but geez what the hell.

Exactly. I always say it's not that Josh shoots long 2's or 3's - it's when he chooses to shoot them. I was hoping to bottle Josh's 1st 3 quarters and give it to him as a belated Christmas present. Moving with out the ball, attacking the rim, playing focused and determined, then it went off the rails. All we are hoping for Josh is for him to be consistent more games than not.

• Premium Member

LD strikes again...That's what happen. He is dead set on having Lou Williams and Deshawn Stevenson as closers. As Detroit pulled within 4 last night with 1 minute and 30 seconds to go in the quarter, Drew reinserts his starting point guard. What head coach in this league sits his starting point guard on the bench the entire 4th quarter during a big run by the opposition? The Hawks were out score 39-19 in the 4th while Drew sat on his hands. All Teague does when he comes back in the game is win the game in double over-time. And the funny part about this entire experience is that Drew will do the same thing in the very next game. He is one of the worse in game coaches in the the League!

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

My kids screamed every time Josh got the ball in the 4th quarter. One commented that Josh wants to 'be the man' yet doesn't have the outside shot to do so. it seems the team forgot what got them the big lead in the first place. My wife even wondered why the team settled for jump shots instead of driving to the basket, as the Pistons were doing.

no teague was not burning up the nets until overtime he gave us nothing until then, if im not mistaken he did not score the first have. i keep saying if teague is going to be a mainstay he has to give us at least16 a night. he ended up with that many after 2 overtimes.we were winnining b/c josh & horford were playing a nice 2 man game until that 4th qtr. when we thought we could put the dagger in with our guards.

yea & i hpe drew did give josh an earfull for those shots he took in overtime. he practically poured horse manuer over a 30 pt. night. i guess the guy wants to be known as a superstar so bad, he is willing to loose it all.he needs to realise lebron , wade nor joejohnson make the high percentage 3.s at the end of the game.

• Like 1