• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shouldnt the Hawks be in on this deal the celtics are trying to pull?

JTB

http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-celtics-working-on-deal-to-bring-kings-center-demarcus-cousins-to-boston/

Celtics are trying to get good again. shouldnt we be trying to get cousins?

Maybe?

Yes?

No?

Probably shouldnt! but what if they acutally start clicking! That team is scary!

celtics are getting him way too easy in my oponion

Cousins is an extraordinary talent at center position. The fact that there are less and less true centers around, especially those who can play well in the post, makes him even more attractive...

However, the flip-side to him is already well known to anybody who even remotely follows NBA...

Obviously the Kings have had enough and that itself should be an alarm for potential takers. To me Kings are not an organisation that would give up quickly unless they are certain that this kid's not gonna change.

On the other hand, Celtics can go ahead with this calculated gamble for several reasons... First, Cousins' obvious talent. Second, they believe that he'll turn the corner under tutelage of their veterans. Third and perhaps most important from C's perspective, they're old and they know this cycle is over... so they are prepared to gamble...

As for us... I'm sure Ferry has a clear plan and knows what he wants to do... and I'd leave it at that.

Danny Ferry will be able to ride it out until Dwight and Paul sign elsewhere. People around here will be just fine with the possibility of getting a superstar even if it is more of a fantasy than reality.

This is team cap space nothing will happen until the offseason.

• Premium Member

Of course yes. Cousins would be a force in the East. that's why the celtics are after him.

Teague/Korver for Cousins/Brooks works, I'd include HOU 1st as well because SAC would probably want more. Remember SAC was interested in Teague a few years ago.

Of course I'd try to trade Smith for Rudy Gay afterwards, two headcases in the same roster are a bit too much.

Keep LD as head coach (but not LD + Smoove), sign good veteran PG and SG for the starting jobs via trades (Harris + 1st for Calderon?) or in the offseason (a defensive SG like Tony Allen would do) and run for the championship. Forget about Howard and Paul, they're NOT going to come to the ATL. Paul could be champion with his clippers, no way he considers leaving. Howard NEVER said he wanted to be here.

Just build a contender with what's left. I, for one, believe it's possible and Ferry is able to do it.

Calderon / Brooks

Tony Allen / Jenkins

Gay / (Damion? rebounding draftee?)

Horford / IVAN

Cousins / Zaza

6th man - Lou (could replace Calderon or Allen depending on the situation).

• Moderators

The most recent link on their site:

http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-demarcus-cousins-will-not-be-trade-to-celtics-as-kings-say-center-is-not-available/

So there sounds to be nothing to be involved with, but if Cousins was on the block, I'd still want no part of that trade. The guy is severely immature and guys like that do more harm than good. He will mature someday when he is on the tail end of his career and it's too late for him. He is a great talent, but not worth the headache.

• Moderators

Sacramento has to be smart enough not to deal for "Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Jared Sullinger and Courtney Lee."

That would be highway robbery. As it is, it sounds like the Kings are happy with Cuz again.