• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread:Hawks vs Spurs

MrMeltdown

Sorry, you can't please everyone. I am not going to do all that the usual guy does. I will simply state that a lot of things are going bad for the Hawks and tonight they face one of the most respected franchises in sports who will not take pity on them.

Lou Williams is done, there is a riff within the team, but still they are expected to be professionals.

No Manu for the Spurs so that is a break but they still have plenty of firepower at positions where we struggle like the SF position.

This could be a sneaky measuring stick type of game as Danny see's how we measure up to a team and organization he may want to mimic.

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Moderators

(Just merging my stuff here... go Hawks! ~usualguy)

Sorry, no fancy-schmancy game preview tonight! I got too busy with festivities around town today.

All I've got is, it appears the Spurs have been responding lately to the absence of Manu Ginobili (hamstring, out for another week or so) by splitting up his minutes among forwards and centers, particularly Tiago Splitter and our old friend, Boris Diaw, who has been shooting out of his mind this season (career-high 59.9 FG%, career-low 1.2 TO/G). This is probably good news for Tim Duncan, who could use some rest with his minutes up from the past two seasons (Aussie center Aron Baynes will be joining the roster soon).

We're probably smart to go big against this lineup, and thankful to have Al Horford ready to go. He'll need to do major work when he's on offense and matched up with Diaw. And of course Zaza Pachulia will need help with Tim Duncan, on the heels of two tough defensive outings with Brook Lopez.

Tony Parker has a shot-range pattern similar to Joe Johnson's (reliable from 3-9 feet and heavy from outside the arc), so defensive game planning should be similar, except where Parker is taking defenders off the dribble.

The Spurs (31-11, three straight wins) are #2 in field goal shooting, #1 in assists, #1 in opposing 3-point FG%, and they don't waste time with ticky-tack fouls (30th in PFs). They're also deep at the wing (Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Jackson, Nando de Colo) even without Ginobili, while we're severely depleted with Lou Williams gone and Anthony Morrow and DeShawn Stevenson unavailable. Atlanta will need to play smart if they are going to stay in this one.

Catch you folks on the Squawk chat!

Go Hawks!

~lw3

Josh took a total of 1 jumpshot outside of 10 feet tonight. The result?

8 - 15 FG

5 - 8 FT

21 points

It's not that hard Josh. This is what you should do every night. Live in the paint, and things will work out for you.

I saw that, looked at his shot chart - well done Josh Posted Image