• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blockbuster with Brooklyn

ryandauwalker

Josh/Zaza/Tolliver for Wallace/Lopez Here's why ATL does it: Lopez. Horford slides to 4 and they become the best frontcourt in the NBA. Our offseason is all about putting good pieces around them. Wallace's contract is rough, but he is still filling a position of need and we try to bring back his old level of play. Here's why BKN does it:Expiring contracts with huge upside. Resign Josh, go after Dwight, and get out from under Wallace's contract. If they are able to get Dwight and Josh together with Deron and Joe, they will be pretty scary. Having MarShon play the 2, and that is a really nasty lineup. Granted, everybody else will be scrubs, but this is the type of team that the Russian wants. Miami who?

More dreams i see...Brooklyn will only trade Lopez for Howard.....but in dream land I do like Lopez though eventhough he is sort of injury prone

I think they do this deal if they have reason to think they'll land Dwight in FA. If they want Dwight, they'd have to unload Lopez anyways, and having Josh on the team might be an additional incentive for Dwight.I have a hard time believing LAL will trade him before the season is over. They've been clear with GMs that he is not available (from reports). In their eyes, it would be admitting to failure and I don't see them doing that in the next few weeks. I think it makes perfect sense for us from a risk standpoint, and it makes sense for Brooklyn from an upside perspective. Looking at who is in the front office of both clubs, the trade seems to fit well with whose calling the shots.

The announcers are talking about having inside sources that say there is no way Dwight is interested in playing in Atlanta. Time to get over it ppl. Nothing to see here. Please quit this pipe dream shit.

What am I missing here? This trade is a reaction to us NOT being able to get Dwight. I still think BKN has a great shot at him, and this trade would help them by clearing Wallace's and Lopez's salary plus adding his buddy Josh.

It is strictly a rumor. Has no legs.

What am I missing here? This trade is a reaction to us NOT being able to get Dwight. I still think BKN has a great shot at him, and this trade would help them by clearing Wallace's and Lopez's salary plus adding his buddy Josh.

You're missing that they still wouldn't have the capacity room to sign Dwight and it wouldn't even be close. The only shot they have at getting him is via trade now or in the offseason.